The Lucky Nugget Saloon - new set menu

Started by Anthony, December 20, 2011, 05:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

I knew some kind of change was coming to The Lucky Nugget Saloon after Cowboy Cookout Barbecue took over its Character Dining duties, but this is a surprise. A new menu - a counter service style menu - for a set price of €15.99.

Photo by @InsideDLParis

I'm fascinated to know how this is working inside. Has the saloon been counter service at all in the past? Wasn't it a kind of table/bar service when it first opened, before the buffet? Edit: According to InsideDLParis, guests are still served at their table, so it's not true counter service, more a set menu.

And how do you feel about paying €15.99 for a counter service style meal like that? Worth it to enjoy the fabulous interior? At least this might make the restaurant less the preserve only of the wallet-emptying character dining crowd...

davewasbaloo

Well it was a counter service of sorts before. But what I want to know, is are they going to make use of that stage again? If it is just a counter service, then I do not think I will bother more than once, preferring to opt for either the Silver Spur or Last Chance Cafe. But if they bring live entertainment back to that stage, then yes, I will dine there, and frequently.
since 2001 (many before that)

Anthony

I'm trying to find the post now, but at the Entertainment directors' meeting/presentation back in April, which Kristof attended, they mentioned using the stage...

Here we go:

QuoteThe Lucky Nugget Saloon
- Emanuel would love to bring a new show to the Lucky Nugget stage, but just like Videopolis, it has to involve the Food department who're not too willing to have a show in there.
- He also said each year it's brought up during a meeting, but gets turned down immediately.
Source: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10879

But maybe this is a step towards it happening..?

davewasbaloo

fingers crossed

ford prefect

I would love to see some entertainment/show.

I had no idea Food and Beverage had such a say over the entertainment.  Naive of me I suppose.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "ford prefect"I would love to see some entertainment/show.

I had no idea Food and Beverage had such a say over the entertainment.

And neither did I. I can't for the life of me see how the stage being used for live entertainment would effect the diners, or those waiting :?  Health and Safety perhaps :shock:

David

Elwell2009

the reason is this, if u have some form of entertainment the liklyhood is that when someone comes in for food they will watch whats going on and take up a table but instead of leaving when they have finshed they stay and keep watching meaning the table isnt making money which is the sole purpose of the food dept and its what also happened in lion king when they had lots of people taking up tables that werent eating.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Elwell2009"the reason is this, if u have some form of entertainment the liklyhood is that when someone comes in for food they will watch whats going on and take up a table but instead of leaving when they have finshed they stay and keep watching meaning the table isnt making money which is the sole purpose of the food dept and its what also happened in lion king when they had lots of people taking up tables that werent eating.

Point well made :) ..............however if they increased the price they could still make the required profit and I would bet that people would still dine there for the entertainment value alone. :)

David

Elwell2009

I totaly agree epcot boy but they seem to like a countinous turn around of tables

davewasbaloo

Yep agreed. Though with entertainment, I would pay more for my food happily. I find it so sad that WDW and DLP has this mentality, while the Billy Hill show runs several times a day delighting crowds in the original Disneyland.

Elwell2009

just seems they cant and never will be able 2 work together.

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Elwell2009"just seems they cant and never will be able 2 work together.

Another reason why if money and time were no object, I'd rather go to Anaheim or Chiba for a Disney fix.