Disneyland Castles!!

Started by Disneylover13, November 03, 2011, 11:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylover13

i think that out of all of the disney castles around the world that the paris castle has to be the nicest ... i have only been to the paris resort but from looking at pictures and videos i dont think the other castles look so "disneyish" !!
just thought i would share that thought :)
Newport Bay May 2004 :)
Newport Bay Jan 2006 :)
Disneyland Hotel Jan 2008 :)
Cheyenne Jan 2009 :)
Newport Bay Nov 2010 :)
Hotel New York october 2011 :) )
Cheyenne june 2012 \":)\"

Josh

Everyone I've heard has said the same thing. I totally agree. ^_^
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Disneylover13

the paris castle just has the disney feel off it or something :D
Newport Bay May 2004 :)
Newport Bay Jan 2006 :)
Disneyland Hotel Jan 2008 :)
Cheyenne Jan 2009 :)
Newport Bay Nov 2010 :)
Hotel New York october 2011 :) )
Cheyenne june 2012 \":)\"

Annet

The Paris castle has it's inspiration from this one, the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany:

carrydee38

I have to agree I love the paris castle.....only seen pictures of the other castles but paris is the tops for me

MinnieMouse

Quote from: "Annet"The Paris castle has it's inspiration from this one, the Neuschwanstein castle in Germany:

No, that´s not true, the Neuschwanstein was the Inspiration for the Castle in Walt Disney World, both look like twin castles. The Paris Castle has inspirations from a few european castles like Mont St. Michel etc .....

Greetings from germany .....

dagobert

I'm pretty sure Neuschwanstein was the inspiration for the castle in the original Disneyland in Anaheim. The same castle can be found in Hong Kong as well.

The Cinderella Castle at WDW was inspired by several castles in France.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/ ... la-castle/

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "dagobert"I'm pretty sure Neuschwanstein was the inspiration for the castle in the original Disneyland in Anaheim. The same castle can be found in Hong Kong as well.

Exactly. Disneyland's castle is essentially a (much) smaller Neuschwanstein with the top section turned 180 degrees.

Our castle was inspired by the spiraling shape of Mon St. Michel as MinnieMouse points out but also by medieval art and by artwork created for the Sleeping Beauty animated feature.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Columbiad

While I don't know if the Imagineers took direct inspiration from it, the interior of Château de Chambord Palace certainly looks like it could have inspired the interior of our castle:

Epcot_Boy

Yep,

Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Anaheim was inspired by the Neuschwanstein Castle in Southern Germany. When designing the castle for DLrP, Disneys magineering team used the ideas from an imagneer named Tom Morris.
I'm pretty certain that he used illustrations from the 'Book of hours' Les Très Riches Heures du Duc de Berry, a kind of illustrated prayer book, and design concepts from the Mont Saint-Michel monastery in Normandy.

But however it came to exist I agree that it stands out compared to all the others :)

David

captain rocket

Our castle certainly out Disneys all the others by far, it truly is a work of art and beautiful. On a seperate note Neuschwanstein was used in the film of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, I visited many years ago and by memory only two of the floors inside were ever finished, I believe the king was found floating face down in the lake behind the castle,as a result of an "accident" which prevented him spending all his childrens inherritance on yet another castle (I think he built three!) End of todays lesson!

ed-uk

We're talking about King Ludwig 11, who went mad according to his enemies. He drowned in mysterious circumstances with his doctor in a lake. But he had no children nor a wife.
Ed & David

Annet

Mont St. Michel, I visited that last year.
Can't say I see much in common with the Disneyland castle.
I do enjoy the history lessons here though :lol:

Columbiad

Its also interesting to note that whilst Mont St. Michel is a direct inspiration for the Paris Castle, the topmost tower on the castle at the top, is nearly identical to the tower on Cinderella Castle in Orlando and Tokyo.

Mont St. Micheal

Cinderella Castle