Our Halloween trip. Oct 12-16 2011

Started by Angel_Ariel, October 18, 2011, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel_Ariel

We had a great time! I will be doing a full trip report later, but here is a link to my facebook album with lots of pic's for now!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 6d69fe18ca
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

lauralouisemidwinter

I am loving all of the photos and can't wait to see the trip report :D
Love Laura  :cheshire_bounce:
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Annet

Lovely photo's, I really want to go during Halloween again next year!
Looking forward to the rest of your report.

Lozzie

wow your photos are amazing! And your halloween costumes are so cute! Cant wait to read your report =D
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

Angel_Ariel

Wednesday 12th October

After a very long journey through the night on a coach, we finally arrived in London to catch the eurostar from St Pancras. Everything went smoothly and we departed on time. We arrived at Disneyland at 13:31. We quickly took our luggage to the Disney Express counter & went straight into the Disneyland Park. There is nothing like seeing the Disneyland Hotel and knowing you are just steps from the Magic!  :D

The first thing we did was bump into Jack Skellington! I am a HUGE Nightmare before Christmas fan so I was very excited! He was just wandfering around near the bandstand signing autographs & having his photo taken with guests. We had our photo taken and he was so lovely. It really was a memorable start to our trip!  :thumbs:

Then we called in City Hall for a Birthday badge for my friend's son as today was his 6th Birthday. The cast members were lovely and they even let him hear Mickey on the telephone. Such a nice touch! His face was a picture that Mickey had wished him a Happy Birthday!  :D We then had a saunter down Main Street and stopped at Casey's Corner for a hot dog & a drink. We ate them while watching the Maleficious Halloween Show, which my kids really loved! It was just so good to be back!

After that we headed over to POTC as it's one of our favourite rides. The queue was very small so we were on within 10 mins. It was still as good as ever! After that we went over to BTM, my favourite ride! My son, 5 decided he wanted to try it for the first time too, so off we went. The queue again was very small, 10 mins tops. He did not like the ride and cried, bless him! Oh well, maybe next time he might enjoy it! My daughter and I loved it!

After that we went to Fantasyland & went on IASW, this one was more to my son's liking!  :) Again, small queue's. From there we did Snow White and Dumbo, always a hit with the little ones!

We then just took in the atmosphere of the park a while. It had been a long journey and we just took our time going in a few shops and having a look around. We had dinner reservations at Cafe Mickey for 6pm for my friend's son's birthday. We had a wonderful time there and met lots of characters. Mickey even brought out the birthday cake at the end of our meal! It was lovely!

We then decided to have a quick look around the village & then we headed to the bus station to catch the 54 bus to the Explorer's hotel, which would be our 'home' for the next 4 night's. The bus was a scrum as usual but we managed! My friend waited in the lobby with the boys while me and my daughter went up to our room and blew up balloons & stuck Birthday Boy banners up in the room! The birthday boy was very surprised when he entered the room and it was all decorated!

We all needed a good night's sleep so we sorted out our stuff and eventually were ready for sleep around 11pm. We'd had a lovely first day and were so glad to be back!  :)

Day 2 to follow soon!
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

MrsPirate

Great photos it looks like you had a wonderful time and I hope your son quickly recovered from his BTM ride.

I look forward to reading the rest of your report.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018