Our Rainy Summer Trip 17th-20th July FINISHED!!

Started by MrsPirate, July 25, 2011, 11:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicoledlrp

drying out your trainers with the hairdryer brings back finger burning memories of my wet november stay !! love your trip report and photos and looking forward to the final instalment.

claire2281

Just caught up with reading this...

I have to say I am glad Donald got his own back! If parents aren't going to stop their kids misbehaving like that then fair game :p
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

fly_with_me_dumbo

i know how frustrated you must have been! I was nearly in tears on the tuesday, it was one of my two days in actual paris, I had to strip off in the lourve toilets and dry my clothes with the hand dryer! and dry my boots with the hair dryer back at the hotel! It was awful weather, it was so much worse then heavy rain!!

MrsPirate

DAY 4 - Wednesday 20th July

Once again the alarm went off at 7am and I jumped out of bed and went to the window, after the amount of rain the day before I was confident it wouldn't be raining.........I was wrong  :(

Yet again we gave EMH a miss. We had our last breakfast in the hotel sitting at a table looking out over Lake Disney then went back to the room to pack. We still had an houror so before we needed to check out and as we hadn't yet bought any souvenirs decided it was time for some shopping. After looking in the shop in the hotel and finding nothing that took our fancy we went to the Village. Mel bought a keyring in the shape of Jack Skellingtons head and I bought one in the shape of Sleeping Beauty's castle. I also found the most beautiful snowglobe of the castle which I just had to have. I had wanted Tinkerbell t-shirts for my 2 girls but as the youngest was only 9 months, couldn't find one in her size. We also bought a Grumpy mug with spoon.

It was now almost 11am so we made our way back to the hotel, squeezed our purchases into the suitcase and checked out. Finally the rain had stopped and the sun had come out. We took some great photos of the hotel and the lake and then it was time to hit the park  :D/

It was 11.30am leaving just enough time for a visit to Salon Mickey, this was our first visit and we were very excited. Unfortunately as it was so late there was nothing left to eat, but we did have a lovely coffee and an orange juice and had a good look round. I felt very important!!

Once we finished in Salon Mickey we went into the park, and boy it was busy! We made our way to my new favourite ride, PM, and were shocked to find a very large queue snaking it's way from the house down the path, round the fountain and almost out to the summer house. We joined the queue and were pleased to see how quickly it moved, in what seemed liked a very short space of time, although it was almost 25 mins, we were inside the house. For the last time this trip we took our places in the stretching room. I wanted to film as much as I could inside, so once we were out of the stretching room we took a very slow walk past the pictures. I was delighted to find the ride kept stopping which gave me even more time to film. When the ride was over we had another look round Boot Hill and took a stroll through Frontierland. BTM was so busy fastpasses were being issued for 9pm that evening and it wasn't yet 1.30pm!

By now it was time for lunch and thought we would pay a visit to Hakuna Matata, I had a quick peak inside and it didn't seem to be too busy. However, after waiting in line for 20 mins with no-one being served we left. Being a veggie I had heard some great things about Cafe Agrabah so we headed in that direction keeping my fingers crossed it was open. It was and we were quickly shown to our table by a lovely waitress and we went to check out the food. After Walts this turned out to be the best food in the park, in fact the best spinach lasagne I have ever had, it was also excellent value for money.

After trying pretty much everything they had to offer we headed back into the park pausing to take some more pictures of the newly refurbed castle.

We thought we would pay a final visit to Captain Hooks pirate ship and check out how far along the refurb/replacement was. It was covered in scaffolding which made it difficult to see what work was being done, so we decided to ask one of the cast members. He confirmed it was definately being replaced and would be finished by November.

A walk past POTC which had the longest wait times I have seen and back into Fantasyland. Ollie didn't want to go on anymore rides which was a shame as Le Pays des contes de fees and Casey Jnr was a walk on, and I would have loved one last ride on IASW so we settled for an ice cream and watched the clock on IASW.

When we had finished we heard music from the Castle Stage area and walked down to have a look. There was a youth band playing Disney music, they were pretty good. We stood and watched for a while until it began to rain again, this meant it was shopping time. We made our way into Liberty Arcade and had a good look in all the shops. The very last shop we looked in had that elusive Phantom Manor merchandise I had been looking for. It was a snowglobe of Phantom Manor but instead of snow it had bats. I just had to have it, along with a Disney Calender for 2012 and a photo frame.  :D/

Our time in the park was now over, with one last goodbye to the castle we made our way out under Main Street Station and back to the hotel to get our cases. This is when it got interesting. Whilst trying to fit the rest of our purchases into the suitcase  I accidently dropped the key into an air vent cover outside the hotel. After a little pushing and shoving we manged to move the cover and find the key! We took a slow walk to the station and once inside boarded the train. The magic was over for another year.  :(

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

Aurora1

Just read the final instalment of your report. And flipped through the pictures again. Ollie`s face on PotC is totally funny.
I`m glad, you had a great time, despite the weather. Leaves time for shopping ;)
Aurora1

kiki_304

Fab report and pics.  :D

Shame about the rain though!

Can I ask, whilst you were at Walt's did you notice anything on the kids menu that was suitable for vegetarians.  My kids are vegetarians and it I can see that they do adult veggie meals but not sure about kids.  They are vegetarians, not pescitarians so therefore do not eat poultry or seafood.  We are hoping to eat there in a week.  :D

MrsPirate

Quote from: "kiki_304"Fab report and pics.  :D

Shame about the rain though!

Can I ask, whilst you were at Walt's did you notice anything on the kids menu that was suitable for vegetarians.  My kids are vegetarians and it I can see that they do adult veggie meals but not sure about kids.  They are vegetarians, not pescitarians so therefore do not eat poultry or seafood.  We are hoping to eat there in a week.  :D

Sorry I don't remember if there was anything veggie on the kids meals.

Have a great time.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018