Pete's Dragon Trip Report 10th - 17th 2011

Started by Pete's Dragon, September 19, 2011, 09:45:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete's Dragon

Well I back and totally exhausted ! I have just under 1500 photos to sort through and then I'll start my report. Only 1500? I know, I took it easy this year.

Pete's Dragon

Day 1, 10th Sept. "Tell Everybody I'm on my way....."  :-"

Right, get the boring day out of the way. Left the house at 10.30am for the airport, got the flight at 1.30pm and landed in CDG at 4pm. Got the bags - eventually - at nearly 5pm. Luckily our TGV wasnt until 5.50pm. So by 6pm we were at Disneyland ! No problmes. Treated ourselves to a taxi ride to Val D'Europe (€10) and got to Adagio Aparthotels.

A View from Room 175 - facing the Place De Toscana

The receptionist said they had our booking but we hadn't paid as the credit card we'd used had been declined. I was a bit suspicious so we told her we'd need to double check our bank accounts, which she was ok with and gave us the room anyway.

Dropped off our bags and headed to Auchan. OMG that place is huge and a bit scary the first time. We spent 15mins trying to find a shopping trolly. Stocked up on sandwich-making ingredients, crisps, apples, biscuits, coffee, tea and Coke.

Tip #1 : Take the shopping trolly back to the apartment and leave it outside the main door. It will save your arms and feet. This seems like a common practise, so much so that they send a van to collect all the trollies every morning  :thumbs:

By the time we got back it was 9pm an decided to eat inside the shopping centre at the Chinese restaurant. Talk about fast service. No sooner had we ordered that the food arrived. McDonalds isn't even that quick ( or tasty ! ). Headed back to the room afterwards to find the TV channels sucked - BBC World Service, Eurosport (in German but watchable)  and the Disney Info Channel was stuck in a 30sec loop All Week ! Ah well, time for sleep and an action-packed day tomorrow !!

Bon Nuit

davewasbaloo

Cool, glad you liked the Chinese, always a must do for us - quick, good service, good food, and affordable. I love Val de Europe pretty much. Can't wait to read the rest.
since 2001 (many before that)

littlemermaid83

Yay you started!

Did you sort our your booking?
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

SwipatronSparks

looking forward to reading more!! =]
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

davewasbaloo

BTW - fab Brother Bear quote in there buddy!

DLP-Photos.com

Good start - I'm really looking forward to this report! :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

Pete's Dragon

Day 2, 11th Sept. - "Got no time to dilly-dally, We gotta get a-goin'"  :-"

Go to the park at around 9.30am. Tried to get 5 Fantasy Passports and the Family discount, but the grumpy cashier wasn't having it. She said Same Address and Same Family Name. I tried to explain my wife's Italian passport will always have her maiden name, but here's our marriage certificate ...... no good.

Woo-Hoo

Headed into the park, and it felt like being home  :D Sadly the Passport office didn't open till 10am so we had to wait. The whole process was relatively smooth and it didn't take long before we were fully fledged Annual Passport Holders !!
Now off to the Park !!!

Even on an overcast day the Castle looks stunning

As it was a Sunday I was a lot of queuing. But the was weather forecast was for a lot of showers so I guess the crowds stayed away. In no time at all we had done The Carousel.....

The teacups.....

and The Maze.

We had a quick bite to eat at Pinocchio's Marioette cafe place (you know where I mean), while we waited for our Peter Pan Fastpasses. After PP it was our first Walk-On at Pirates of the Caribbean. Then Pinocchio's Voyage ride and then over to Frontierland. (didnt take any photos on the dark-ish rides)

As we were walking to Phantom Manor, the heavens opened. It had threatened all day and when it finally came it didn't waste any time. Luckily we were right at the entrance to the riverboat, and Molly Brown had just docked. So we quickly ducked out of the rain and got a seat on the middle deck.

Ater the Molly Brown the rain had cleared to beautiful, blue skies. Back on track to Phantom Manor - I think they are trying to save money by dimming the lights Sooooooo much I couldnt see a thing until the Floatly-head in a glass ball part.

Next it was time for Elisha's first ever rollercoaster, and what a coaster to start with - Big Thunder Mountain. We were kinda worried because Joshua is the No Fear Adventurous one, and Elisha is the quite shy-ish one. I think the next photo answers all questions..........

[spoiler:she0kq85][/spoiler:she0kq85]

We decided we'd all had enough for the day and headed to La Grange for the buffet before the hoards decended on the Village.

Again, Wow.

kiki_304

Fab report, looking forward to the next instalment.

I remember my poor 5 year old went on BTM with his dad.  Poor thing didn't know it was going to be a roller coaster as he had never been on one.  He was sliding around the seat so the hubby had to hold onto him. lol

davewasbaloo

Lol, sounds like good times!  Look forward to reading the rest.

hawian rollercoaster

Fancy trying chinese at val d europe worried about language barrier.

Angel_Ariel

Fab report so far! You have a beautiful family! :)
~*~ Newport Bay ~*~ March 2008
~*~Sequoia Lodge ~*~ January 2009
~*~Santa Fe ~*~ January 2010
~*~Hotel New York ~*~ January 2011
~*~Explorer's Hotel ~*~ October 2011
~*~Newport Bay ~*~ August 2012
~*~Kyriad Hotel ~*~ August 2013
~*~Cheyenne Hotel ~*~ December 2014

kelly.dylan

Great report, looking forward to reading some more :)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Pete's Dragon

Day 3, 12th Sept - "We'll never find a supreme leader without a map. "

Time for Discoverland. Joshua (the Fearless) had been dying to go on Space Mountain ever since he found out he was tall enough. Somehow I managed to drag Sujit - my brother-in-law - onto the ride as well (the Chicken). Walk-On number 2, which was a bit annoying considering the length of the walk through Space Mountain to begin with. Could have saved 5mins if they had a side entrance for quiet times. Ah well, Joshua loved it, I enjoyed it even though it was as bumpy as usual, Sujit needed to sit down  :roll:

On the way out the queue for Autopia didn't look too bad

Once again Joshua had reached the height of independance, so off he went driving his own car for the first time.

Next Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast. Sujit had been looking forward to this, and had even started doing a little trash talking about teching me a thing or too even though he was a noob ( I think all those loney hours playing FPS on his PC had gone to his head). Needless to say he was very quiet aterwards, because even the kids beat his score.

My score and Joshua's, oh yeah !

Headed around to Pizza Planet for lunch. Sujit and I def. got our money's worth at the buffet eating about 10-15 slices each, and then attacking the desserts. Afterwards we decided to give Captain EO I try .............. oh dear, what a terrible show. Even allowing for the hilarious 80s dancing and costumes it was truly comical in a bad way. It didn't help that the 3D glasses looked like they were from the 80s too - so badly scratched and def. need replacing.

Star Tour followed, great as always but would love to see it updated !

What followed was a quick blast through Fantasland

Experiment with slow shutter speed

Then Adventureland

Decided to give Indy a go. Had only even been on it once, and that was backwards. Its a good ride, if a little basic compared to the other coasters. But you can't complain when you get Walk-On 3 and 4 back to back. :D/

A last go on BTM to end the day, then off to Annette's Diner for Chilli Hotdogs and milkshakes.

So, in 2 days we'd managed to do almost every ride in the Park which I though was pretty good going. The only one's we missed were Snow White, Dumbo and Orbitron. They would have to wait as tomorrow it was time for Walt Disney Studios !

Aurora1

Thanks for the report so far. A lovley family you have. I had to smile looking at the picture wite sword. We always do that. It`s become a tradition sine our first visit in 2007.
Aurora1