Disney's Halloween Festival 2011

Started by littlemermaid83, June 13, 2011, 01:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carrydee38

Nope they are not in place there are a few pumpkins around but it lacks that orange feeling if u know what i mean.

lubynoo

Seems from insideDLParis that they're are more decorations etc appearing for mnsshp.

I'm still hoping for the smoke please let them have the smoke!!

I also really can't wait to see the scheduals for it I'm suprised noone has them yet!!

15MagicalYears

There is indeed smoke, someone tweeted a photo last night though the account has escaped me.

lubynoo

Yay!! Was it the castle smoke or the coloured smoke in frontierland?!

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi im going for the 30th and 31st. days and night events. can someone tell me what will be on, shows parades etc. and also what have they done for the park, flicking through this topic you all seem let down this year :( is there not any good decs? and a smoke machine? do they put this on like they do the snow at xmas?

captain rocket

Just returned and can confirm that this years decorations are PATHETIC!! It seems almost a con to have so few decorations compared to previous years. There are a few pumpkins in the flower beds around the bandstand and some "Autumn" garlands around the bandstand itself which look like a bargain buy from Focus when they went bust!!
There are a few more pumpkins around the hub stage and magnificent decorations on the castle stage, it is great to see it back in use and proved very popular with the crowds this weekend, I will make a seperate post about the hub stage show. Frontierland had nothing except a Jack and Sally meet and greet with three signs pointing the way, that was it!! I appreciate that they are changing the focus away from the Pumpkinmen and orange, but a phased dropping of the "old" decorations would have been more logical and made it look as if they were making an effort! Certainly, jack and Sally's mausoleum could have been reused, this has nothing to do with Pumpkinmen or orange!! As for music, one halloween tune played on a continuous loop which meant you got the same song in Main Street about every ten minutes! For Gods sake tgey even played this same loop in Walts!
Halloween has always been my favourite time of year, but I will not return for a few years until I see that an effort is being made again. Three out of ten this year Disney.

davewasbaloo

That is a real shame Capt rocket, and confirms my fears. Let's hope they do more for the 20th.

Earlier this year, we thought of going to DLP for Halloween as it used to be so awesome. Instead we will now do Legoland Windsor, Chessington, and Hampton Court Palace instead.
since 2001 (many before that)

carrydee38

Quote from: "captain rocket"Just returned and can confirm that this years decorations are PATHETIC!! It seems almost a con to have so few decorations compared to previous years. There are a few pumpkins in the flower beds around the bandstand and some "Autumn" garlands around the bandstand itself which look like a bargain buy from Focus when they went bust!!
There are a few more pumpkins around the hub stage and magnificent decorations on the castle stage, it is great to see it back in use and proved very popular with the crowds this weekend, I will make a seperate post about the hub stage show. Frontierland had nothing except a Jack and Sally meet and greet with three signs pointing the way, that was it!! I appreciate that they are changing the focus away from the Pumpkinmen and orange, but a phased dropping of the "old" decorations would have been more logical and made it look as if they were making an effort! Certainly, jack and Sally's mausoleum could have been reused, this has nothing to do with Pumpkinmen or orange!! As for music, one halloween tune played on a continuous loop which meant you got the same song in Main Street about every ten minutes! For Gods sake tgey even played this same loop in Walts!
Halloween has always been my favourite time of year, but I will not return for a few years until I see that an effort is being made again. Three out of ten this year Disney.

i do belive the reason they played the halloween tune in main street was to remind you that it was halloween because you would never no with the lack of theming etc

Karen

Hey lubynoo and fly with me dumbo, we are all going to Disney for the first time at Halloween we normally go summer and Christmas and yes the decorations do look sparse compared to previous years photos but Were not going to let this worry us.  Disney is fantastic whenever you go, we have tickets for the terrorific night and Halloween, my daughters 12 and we've just ordered her hit girl costume. We are getting really excited as we haven't been since last Christmas. You will have a fab time I'm sure. When are you going, are you getting dressed up? I've seen some good skeleton costumes Might get 2 for my husband and I.

DopeyDad

Quote from: "lubynoo"Yay!! Was it the castle smoke or the coloured smoke in frontierland?!

Hi Lubynoo, the smoke effect actually seemed an improvement on previous years ( my eldest son and I were getting a bit anxious about it as there was no machinary on Fort Comstock as usual. I think they have a different device that they can remove for the day time, it certainly created that great effect when entering Frontierland.
The character interactions were still excellent too as was the Villains hub show and Theatre stage show.

Have fun

captain rocket

The "smoke" when you entered Frontierland appeared to be a mist curtain, I certainly got wet walking through it!

captain rocket

carrydee38, During the MNSSHP they played a brilliant selection of various Disney Halloween tunes and it just seems amazing that they will put this effort in for the party whereas during the day it almost seems as if they forgot about music and just rushed out something to fill the gap.

Martin B

After reading the doom and gloom surrounding this year's festival on this thread, I was nervous, panicky and worried that my holiday was going to be a let down.

However, I can say that I had an amazing time.

Although, I will write a comprehensive trip report later on, I thought I would just say that the decorations that were there were a lot more classy than previous years, and the atmosphere was great. It wasn't just a single halloween song, we heard many.

Although there was no pre or post parade float, the addition of the new shows were superb. The maleficious halloween party and treat on the street were better entertainment than the Mickey's Magical Celebration hub show.

We had a great time, and MNSSHP was amazing. Halloween and beyond, if you are still to go, you will have a great time, no doubt!

Martin :0)
@DisneyMart - Follow me on twitter and I\'ll tweet live from Disneyland Paris and other Disney locations on our magical adventures... www.twitter.com/DisneyMart

captain rocket

Glad to hear you had a good time Martin. We had a brilliant time as well and those that are still due to go should look foward to their visit, the complaints from many of us just concerns the scaling back over previous years, and it seems like really poor value compared to previous years. I think it would have been more honest if DLRP had announced this year as a transition phase so that we were prepared in advance. To sum up, Disney was as good as ever, the Halloween arrangements were not in my opinion.
Don't you just love this forum where we can all share our opinions on whats offered to us!!!

jenniedisney

Got back from a week in Disney on Sunday

The halloween decorations this year are very few and far between. In fact many times i jokingly said that you wouldnt even know it was halloween!!!!
Yes they still play the loop of halloween screams and music in mainstreet and walts. There are no decorations in frontierland (no longer named halloweenland) and a few pumpkins doted around the castle and the castle stage.

The shows are okay, the villains daytime show is okay. Much the same as ever, like the special effects!! The mickeys trick or treat is.....well....really for the very young kids. Older kids like me (im 20) do not appreciate the "party games" and screaming kids, but it is very entertaining for kids around 5-12.

I also went to the MNSSHP on the 14th. That is MUCH BETTER! a few more decorations were added, all the characters were out in FORCE!!! The smoke machines were up in frontierland and the castle. The rides had very little queing. Lots of people dressing up and getting into the spirit of it all" GET IT! SPIRIT!

In all, i was disapointed at the lack of decorations, i always liked the pumpkin men!!!! And I really loved the halloween show from previous years. Here's hoping they are saving up for next year!!!!!!!!
Been going to Disney since October 1992.
Hotels Stayed in:
Cheyenne 1992
Disneyland Hotel 1993-Present
Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel Castle Club 2007,2008,2010,2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Millennium Celebration 1999-2000 in Disneyland Hotel

WDW Cast Member 2016-2017
Stayed in EVERY resort on property