Disneyland paris imagineering jobs, contact info.

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, June 09, 2011, 12:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

Hello im a graphic design student who also works for the disney store, im really interested on contacting the park about imagineering internships etc. I found an email address on the ameerican disney uni site when i clicked on international but it just keeps bouncing back. any ideas?

thebritishfrog

not to sound too negative.... It is an extremely hard department to get into and I know literally hundreds of people who have tried and failed here in Paris.

The graphics side of Disneyland Paris, is a really small department ran by about 5 people who to be honest have mostly been here since the beginning... (20+ years) The don't really produce that much here as the majority of things still come from the other parks or agencies.

This is my girlfriends work and she's tried and not succeeded...
http://laurenceguermond.daportfolio.com ... /166645#15

You would also have to speak french to do and internship here in Paris....
I think you are definitely best in trying to do your intern in Florida... They are much better setup for interns and you would learn a million more things there.

Hope this helps and does come across to negative...
The British Frog
//http://www.thebritishfrog.com
Connecting people who would like to visit France with people who live there!

pinkboxers

A bit off topic but your girlfriends portfolio looks great. Loving the Dean Winchester portrait :)
"It's like when you go and you see a really great band live for the first time, you know, and nobody's saying it but everybody's thinking it: "We have something to believe in again."

davewasbaloo

I am afraid it is very difficult to near impossible. If this is something you want to really do, one of the better options is to see if you can do an internship with a theatre company or something like Tinkwell/Merlin. But sadly, Britain does not take on many interns. And the US are very strict and usually only take on American Interns with very high competition. It is worth going for it if that is what your heart desires, but prepare yourself. Like I say, one of the key routes is through architecture or theatre.
since 2001 (many before that)

fly_with_me_dumbo

hi, your gf's work is good, but i dont do work like that at all. Im interested in advertising, campaigns, visual merchandising etc
and everyone starts of as a nobody, but someone has to make it :)

SM:M3

Imagineering would be nigh on impossible, it's pretty much closed for anyone looking for a job unless you were massively good. A much better place to look would be an independent company like the Goddard Group or Thinkwell, or somewhere like Merlin Studios. Even then it would be difficult.

davewasbaloo

As a rule of thumb in Disney (the professional side), you need to be accomplished somewhere else before you get into Disney.

fly_with_me_dumbo

I aren't like naive and think i can just walk into a job at Disney. But somebody does have to make it. and like i said the work that I prefer to do at uni, is like advertising, POS, window displays, visual merchandising, campaigns, etc. Having a degree in Graphic Design means you can cover a lot of things, I could be a typographer or a creative director, its not like being an illustrator or a photographer. They do take graduates on though into the disney co in the uk as in disney store who just normally worked for them as a CM in store, as the jobs are advertised on our intranet at work for us to look at, and they then posted a thing about how many graduates they'd taken on last year and into what jobs.

Adam

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"hi, your gf's work is good, but i dont do work like that at all. Im interested in advertising, campaigns, visual merchandising etc

In my opinion, if you have the time and realise that you are likely to not get anywhere, it is worth a try to get in contact with them - you never know what will happen!

There are details of internships on the Disneyland Paris Casting website here: http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/o ... nternships

And their contact details are at: http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/contact-us and http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/contact-form

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Adam"
Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"hi, your gf's work is good, but i dont do work like that at all. Im interested in advertising, campaigns, visual merchandising etc

In my opinion, if you have the time and realise that you are likely to not get anywhere, it is worth a try to get in contact with them - you never know what will happen!

There are details of internships on the Disneyland Paris Casting website here: http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/o ... nternships

And their contact details are at: http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/contact-us and http://disneylandparis-casting.com/en/contact-form

Thank you. It really is worth just contacting them, as you never know, even if you get a bit of advice. You cant sit around thinking, "oh yeah thats nearly impossible that, I'll never be good enough, can get rid of that idea" If you want something you work your hardest to achieve it no matter how long it takes, and maybe in the process of trying to reach it, you'll better yourself and your career. I've always worked my hardest and never ever settled for grades that aren't the top, I'm really competitive and have to be at the top of my class. And just becasue I'm about to leave uni in a year, doesn't mean I'm going to stop there and just settle for anything, I'll work my socks off to make it :D

DGRavenswood

I'd say definitely try out the links Adam posted above. Mind that the kind of work you mention isn't generally done by Imagineering but by the appropriate departments within DLP (or by external companies in a few cases). Try it, but it probably helps if you already have a foot in the door.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

davewasbaloo

I did not say "Don't try". I am advising you to use other avenues as well. Getting an internship with the advertising design agencies in London, or at Next, or Asda etc. traditionally leads to higher chances of getting into Disney with an established track record. I advise that you try both routes. I know many senior folks at Disney, in numerous departments, but most got started outside of Disney and worked their way in. The majority that got in from the start have been with the company since the early 80's or did favours they are not proud of ;)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I did not say "Don't try". I am advising you to use other avenues as well. Getting an internship with the advertising design agencies in London, or at Next, or Asda etc. traditionally leads to higher chances of getting into Disney with an established track record. I advise that you try both routes. I know many senior folks at Disney, in numerous departments, but most got started outside of Disney and worked their way in. The majority that got in from the start have been with the company since the early 80's or did favours they are not proud of ;)

LOL favours. I know you wasn't saying don't try, but this subject was hit with such negative comments lol i thought i'd put a few positive ones out there ha. I have one year left at uni from september, and tbh im dreading leaving, and being lost in the 'real world' plus it'll be really sad when I have to leave Disney store :( I love the company too much. I cant get an internship whilst at uni either, I really need to get some experience under my belt rather then just uni work!

davewasbaloo

And with that attitude, you are on the right track!  I wish you the very best. The transition from Uni to the real world is a challenging time and takes a little while, but once you do, it is all good.

I wish you the very best of luck.

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And with that attitude, you are on the right track!  I wish you the very best. The transition from Uni to the real world is a challenging time and takes a little while, but once you do, it is all good.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Thank you very much :D