New 2007 Resort Map

Started by Anthony, November 22, 2006, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

There is now a new 2007 Resort Map available, with a few nice additions! :ears:

The old 2005/06 version:

The new 2007 version:

A close-up on the parks.  These have totally changed compared to the previous design, and are now much more detailed showing attractions in the proper layout of the park:

Full article: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/today/2006/11/ ... parks.html

Note: any discussion about new Toon Studio details in the Toon Studio topic please. :wink:

Dlrpfan

oooooh now that is nice!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kris

Hey I love the design. It adds loads more detail, but also makes the parks seem more fun... if that's possible.

TOT still isn't in the design (hope it will appear when the attraction opens), but doesn't the Toon Studio section look like it's been cut and pasted from a new park map? The location of the attractions, angles and directions look similar to how they would appear in a new WDS map and definately look strange. I love how the "land" easily takes up at least 1/3 of the park. How out do you think that is? I have no idea.

Disneyland Park seems strange towards the back-end to me. POTC looks crazy hidden round the back like that and somehow SMM2 just stries me as wrong lol. I would like to see the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House in that map however, it's a big landmark in Adventureland let's be honest! The rest looks fine though!

On another note, why don't they show the resort plaza area correctly... still? It makes the entrances to the parks so insignificant with those tiny paths. Disneyland Hotel looks like it's been on a diet  :lol:

Having said all that, I love it! Hopefully it wont be long until the rest of the green on the map will have fun-filled Disney experiences too  :o
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"TOT still isn't in the design (hope it will appear when the attraction opens), but doesn't the Toon Studio section look like it's been cut and pasted from a new park map? The location of the attractions, angles and directions look similar to how they would appear in a new WDS map and definately look strange.
I thought the same, especially the way Crush looks.  I can't be sure, but some of the new DLP additions look like they're taken from the map too.  I think they'll stick ToT where Reign of Fire is, since it's the correct spot and there seems to be space above that area to allow for the height of the tower.

Quote from: "Kris"On another note, why don't they show the resort plaza area correctly... still? It makes the entrances to the parks so insignificant with those tiny paths. Disneyland Hotel looks like it's been on a diet  :lol:
Yeah, I agree that part is still quite bad. The placing of the train station doesn't show just how convenient it is either, which is important to people planning their holiday looking at this brochure.

The map is definitely more colourful now thanks to Toon Studio.  I suppose it takes up so much space because it's new. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Very nice :)