Dimis trip

Started by Dimi, April 30, 2011, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimi

We came back from Disneyland Paris on 22nd at night - but i needed a week to just settle down and think about it :).
It was acceptable trip - i must say that i was afraid it will be worse because it was week before easter etc. But actually only Wednesday was crazy the other days were ok.
We arrived on monday around 1 p.m. in the Hotel Elysee Val D` Europe - we got two double rooms even though we were told in january that we will get one big room - was really nice surprise as i wanted to separate my 3 years old son in the evenings from my 13 years old nephew - too big excitiment. So my mum was in the room with nephew and me with husband and son in the other one.  The rooms were very nice, on the last floor. I cannot say a bad word about the hotel - the reception staff was extremely nice, rooms were clean and nice, both elevators were working all 5 days ( heard some people complaining that elevators are not working), breakfasts were providing everything we needed - and we also took one time breakfast to the room - cant complain.

So on monday we checked in around 1:30 pm and we ate some sandwiches, redressed and went down for the bus to the parks - the bus was a big big mistake - it was full of people and i mean FULL - and it was driving for like 15 minutes to get to the parks... We decided we will go back to the hotel with the bus and on the next days we will be going by RER .

We entered the parks and mike - my son - immediately wanted a BUZZ balloon - so he got one :) And we went to Le Carrousel de Lancelot - line was like 15 minutes - my son was way too excited that we are again in disneyland and needed to get used again to the queques - was whining a little there - but then we rode it and he was so happy and just couldnt believe he is in disneyland again :)
And he remembered EXACTLY where is The small world - we had to go immediately there . He almost cried from happiness when we sat in the boat - the line was around 15 minutes also. My mum also enjoyed it - it was actually her favourite ride in whole Disneyland.

After riding it we went for a little walk to see if we can find anything with a short like - and so we went to Pirates of the Carribean - only 10 minutes - and we all loved it :) My mum also - and i didnt think she would, this was actually my nephews favourite - he wanted to go on it every day like 5 times :). Unfortunately the swinging pirate was not working :( but the rest was just fine :)

After pirates we went to eat to Discoveryland to the Café Hyperion - needed some place where my son would sit and eat- and they have such nice cartoons there - so we had some nasty fast food.

And then my husband decided he will go with my nephew to the Indiana Jones rollercoaster and me and my mum will go to the mad hatters tea cups . Line was extremely short - like 5 minutes - so we went twice.

We had to wait a little for the guys - as they were waiting for 20 minutes to ride . Cos my nephew was really curious about the Phantom Manor we went there to see the lenght of the line - and there was NONE line  - we went inside without waiting even a sec  - was so happy :)
Inside my husband scared me twice while riding - sqeezed my arm from the other doom buggy in the dark moments... i thought ill kill him :P
But was great :)

And after that we were slowly going home - unaware of the horror we were  going to experience :P
After we got out from disney parks we headed straight to the bus stop... and we sow an ENORMOUS crowd waiting for our bus.... and the bus was just arriving - ofc half of the people waiting didnt fit to the bus - so i said lets go and buy already tonight tickets for the RER - which i never used before. There were big lines to the ticket machines inside - i stood in the line which looked like it would be the shortest - but it took me almost 20 minutes to get to the machine - imagine that with nephew tired, mum tired , husband irritated and tired and 3 years old son tired and not fully aware why he has to be in this strange place doing nothing... - and then... after standing for 20 minutes i realised i was standing in the line to machine taking only coins and credit cards - and i had PLENTY of paper money in my hip bag.... but we somehow managed to pay for the tickets for RER with some coins we were all finding in the deepest pockets in our trousers ... so happy i bought this tickets... we are going to the entrance to the station... and what... tickets not working - everyone angry at me... and i dont get whats wrong... it said metro rer bus on the ticket... and then some nice guy explained to me that those are tickets to RER inside Paris...:/ and it was already time for the next bus to come so we were running to the bus stop again... a little less people there now... so i placed myself close to the stop... and then the bus arrived... i was so shocked, before the bus even stopped people started to RUSH to the bus while i t  was still driving - i was so surprised it didnt run over anyones feet... and i couldnt believe how some people are acting - like animals..:| we managed to stick our pram and us into the bus somehow... but the drive was terrible... and i will NEVER EVER go with such bus there and back...
So that was the first day :) I`ll write about the second day a little later :) I hope i didnt write too much and too crappy :)

mattboywonder

I guess you learned afterwards that you need tickets for Val D'Europe by selecting Paris destinations and scrolling thorugh the alphabetical list to V.  My tip is to buy the return RER ticket in the morning when you arrive as there are hardly any queues then.  I have stayed in that same area and tried to get that bus and always found it a problem - RER is much easier
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Dimi

Yes i did learn that on the next day in the morning on the station in Val DEurope - we bought all tickets we needed for whole trip on the first day and then it was working perfectly - its like 3-4 minutes drive with RER .

Dimi

Day 2
This time ill try to write a bit more short ;)
So we got up and during breakfast we decided that this day we will spend at Walt Disney Studios.
We got to Disneyland by RER this time everything worked out :).
Minnie Mouse was just at the entrance posing for pictures but my son wanted immediately to go inside :) . We went first for face painting - i was choosing LION for my son, but he demanded a PIRATE so he was transformed into a little pirate . At the end the lady asked him if he wants glitter also and he said very silent : yes... please... :) The smile on his face after the make up was done is worth much more than 12 euro. :hook:

We then headed straight to Animagique - which was lovely and another highlight of the trip for my mum and my son.

After the show we decided to go to the Studio Tram Tours - and there was just a new waiting line opened - so i am pretty sure the waiting time for us was not longer than 15 minutes. We didnt have the chance to try studio tram tour last year as it was being closed - so this year we did it and it was very nice - nothing extremely special but my nephew loved it and mum was a little scared on the canyon thingy :).

:mickey2:

:minnie:

After this boys went to the hollywood tower of terror and ladies with the little man went to the carpets ride :) .
I need to say that on this second day there were more people than on monday in the parks - thats another reason why we went to the studios.
After my husband with nephew who was a little scared on the ride came back we went to eat lunch at restaurant des stars - i didnt tell my son who he could meet in there ( Remy) and he was so shocked when he sow the little rat on the plate - he just couldnt believe it !
The food was matching everyone needs and the pricing was acceptable :) I would recommend going there :).

After food the time came to visit Mike Wazowski and the Scream Academy :) young boys loved it there - and i find it a very good thing for children to sometimes just scream it all out :) We spent there good 20 minutes if not more.

We also met Stitch who was constantly riding his car through the studios . Unfortunately Mike was happy only to see him from a distance - every attempt to take a photo or an autograph was ending with my son running away ;) shy boy :)

In the late afternoon we went to see the Parade in Disneyland park - we got quite a good spot and ofc after the parade Its a small World - it was a must-do everyday for my son - without its a small world there was no fun day ! And after small world i went with my husband to the Space Mountain mission 2 - which i never did before and... i freaked out again :P at the end of the line - with the screams deep in my ears i just panicked and told my husband that there is no option i am riding this terrible horrific thing !!! So i went out and did some shopping for the new flat - i bought lovely tea pot and tea cups :) and some thigns for my son like snow globes - but need to say that the snowglobe which we bought for half price with Alice in Wonderland is some big fail - i think thats the reason why its on sale - i literally touched tea cup from the March Hare and it broke?! And then one day later my nephew was taking his snowglobe out from the box and mad hatter broke into pieces...

And then a big search for my mum with boys started, we just couldnt find them anywhere - and we found out 25 minutes later that my small son dragged her to the huge 60 minutes queque for Dumbo :P And grandma ofc couldnt say no - but at least we could check Dumbo out on our Disneyland list ;).

Getting to the hotel this time was a piece of cake :)
Just i dont understand why on the platform when u arrive to Disneyland there is a lift for prams and on the platform where u go back to the hotels there isnt?! But my strong ;) husband managed to take the pram always down :)

cahaya

thanks for the report :-)
Looks like you had a very nice trip.

I am at DLP at the moment and will write one too (and hope there will be less people when weekend ends, today it was packed).
by the way: there is an elevator for the RER. You just have to go in where you came out ;-). It's all the same area for coming in and out. But you are abolutely right: they should do sth about the machines and signs at RER. And elevators... I can tell a story about the ones at Gare du Nord...with a 9 month old and lots of luggage, really nice for a capital.

Very nice pictures of your little one. When was his first visit?
greetings, cahaya from Germany
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

Dimi

Cahaya thank You for ur comment :)
The trip itself was very nice :) there were some unfortunate moments - in the day 3 of the trip ;) but generally was fun and i love to watch my son in Disneyland - he is so happy there :)

We were first visiting Disneyland Paris when Michael was 2 years old - exactly 1 year ago in may .
Enjoy your time there ! Fingers crossed for less crowds after the weekend:)

dagobert

Thanks for your trip report! It seems you had a wonderful time at DLRP!