Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

Steve Davison posted on his Facebook page earlier that they are currently at Abbey Road Studios in London recording the music for Dreams. As a Beatles fan it's pretty cool to think that the next big DLP show will have music recorded in the same place as most of the Beatles catalogue, plus albums from bands like Pink Floyd and music from films such as Star Wars and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

Robert97

Quote from: "Anthony"Presumably the long brown boxes are the actual motors or pumps for the fountains? I wonder if these fountains will have the LED rings added to them like World of Color, or could they just be used as a projection screen? Interesting...

Quote from: "Robert97"Well this video shows mickey blocking a fountain and I think it could be a big jet. Also I think we could see a new type of stage specially made for the show who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-fVNXb- ... ature=plcp
Don't read too much into that video, it's just a commercial - and (an edited) one for World of Color at that.

DLP really should release some actual concept art for this so people know where to set their expectations. Why do we always have to rely on edited, "non-contractual" visuals, etc from other resorts?

Very true thanks for the feedback, wonder if you could email the press team to see if they can give you exclusive details of the show.

Robert97

Quote from: "PirateSteve"Steve Davison posted on his Facebook page earlier that they are currently at Abbey Road Studios in London recording the music for Dreams. As a Beatles fan it's pretty cool to think that the next big DLP show will have music recorded in the same place as most of the Beatles catalogue, plus albums from bands like Pink Floyd and music from films such as Star Wars and The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

Yep shame the LSO isn't doing the music to the show as they confimed a Tweet to me saying that they aren't recording unless they kept it a surprise and they are doing it.

Robert97

News just in a video concept :) just what we need now we know what every things going to look like fantastic.

[youtube:2no2lyr9]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_1-p9N5C9c&feature=youtu.be[/youtube:2no2lyr9]

1:09 a naked baby on a float :O

Also 2:03 are those the Disney Paris fountains being tested ?

2:36 concept of the fountains and oh look they go very high :)

Epcot_Boy

Well from this Disney Dreams looks to me like it's going to be one spectacular show :shock:  =D>

Now I can't wait until my summer vist in July/Aug :D

Things are definately looking up :D/  :D/

David

Robert97

Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Well from this Disney Dreams looks to me like it's going to be one spectacular show :shock:  =D>

The show will sure be fantastic even though its not the same scale as WOC.

Epcot_Boy

Quote from: "Robert97"
Quote from: "Epcot_Boy"Well from this Disney Dreams looks to me like it's going to be one spectacular show :shock:  =D>

The show will sure be fantastic even though its not the same scale as WOC.

That's true, but unfortunately DLP doesn't have $75 million to spare so we will have to make do with WOC's little sister ;)

David

CafeFantasia

Look at the similarity between these two photos.

Inside the Control Room for "World of Colour" at Disney California Adventure

Inside the Control Room for "Dreams" at Disneyland Paris

gingajen

Oh my Lordy! Disneyland Paris facebook page has posted a link to its 'trailer' for the 20th anniversary celebrations! It will be amazing by the looks of it. I have never seen World of Colour or anything similar so even though others have said DLP's version will not be as big, I think it looks wonderful and I really can't wait to see it all now!

Robert97

Quote from: "Alan"Look at the similarity between these two photos.

Inside the Control Room for "World of Colour" at Disney California Adventure

That's what I thought maybe they have equipment in that green hut who knows.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

I'm just liking Hippotizers!
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

lubynoo

OMG!!!!!!! We saw them testing Dreams in October by sheer fluke but it looks so cool in the video for the 20th I am beyond excited now and then he was like "films such as Aladdin, Tangled Beauty and the Beast" my favourite films!!! Chuck Cinderella in there and I am in heaven. We aren't going until May ugh too far away!!!! It really seems as though all this scrimping and saving Disney have been doing by lacking for the last few years will pay off!!!!

alka1

Quote from: "Robert97"Also 2:03 are those the Disney Paris fountains being tested ?

The fountains shown in that video all come from World of Color footage.

That is one of World of Color's control room - the main nerve center of the show is located inside the parade warehouse as seen here in this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMdefSHd2OY

sebassah

Gotta say im impressed and it sounds and looks like its gonna be a great show! Do you think they will be able to run it everynight? Cost wise.

Anthony

Perfect comparison, thanks!

Quote from: "sebassah"Do you think they will be able to run it everynight? Cost wise.
Yes, it will be every night from 1st April onwards.

I'm excited for the story behind this show. The "Second Star to the Right" will ignite above the castle bringing "Disney Dreams" to life, Steve Davison says... and we know Peter Pan and his shadow is involved, too. That's the one thing missing from World of Color for me: a good narrative. As good as it is, it does play out more like a series of special effects demos. Hopefully Dreams will have the whole package.

From the looks of the CG models in the video, there won't be anything going on in the middle of Central Plaza, it's just an empty space. Possibly a good move, in terms of guest flow?