Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scissorsboi

For those of you who watched Tots TV as kids, does the voice of Wendy in this show not remind you of Tilly? I have expect her to whip out her magic bag and that odd squirrely thing!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ulak

I dont know- how it looks, when second star not working, please? :-s
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

disneydaniel

Second star was working fine on Sunday, I guess it was a one off when it didn't work! It was coming out 30 minutes before the show! We also whitnessed an engineers hand rise up as the window was lowering so they must be able to get up the castle and assist the star into place  :?

RQCFilms

I found this video that was awesome and there was a little bit of mapping:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialCp0B86k4
It's so cool
Remember to always dreaming in wonderful and magical Very Happy
- Ultimate Fan Disney Dreams!
- Ultimate Disney Fan

Anthony

Got a bit distracted while I was meaning to work on a new homepage for DLRP Magic...

Just a very very sketchy example of what a Dreams ad using a real official photo of the show could look like.

The consistent lack of "bigging up" for Dreams is bizarre. Besides real advertisement spots you'd think they'd be tweeting every day about it, whipping up excitement on Facebook, posting behind-the-scenes videos to YouTube.

In fact, the official YouTube account has just two videos which relate to Dreams: one a fluff piece with non-celebrities from the UK, the other a promo for the Business Solutions department! Hey, come see our new nighttime show: you can customise it to your business?!

15MagicalYears

That's a great poster, really wish DLP used real photos more rather than their usual CGI rubbish. I'm also totally confused with the lack of advertising for the show - especially when it was marketing that asked for the show in the first place?

This is the poster they use around the resort -

Which to me is totally baffling, especially when there's decent graphics of the show like -

Scissorsboi

I wonder if they don't use that one because Simba is on it and doesn't feature in the final cut of the show? I'm amazed that after seeing how publicised World of Color STILL is, that they don't take heed from the DLR style of advertising!

Youtube videos, website logos, mail outs, e-shots.. they're just doing it all bizarrely!

zara-x

In their defence though, I wonder how soon before the show is finalised in terms of what it contains and how it is visualised on the castle and so on are the posters etc. made? I do agree that Dreams and the entire 20th anniversary celebrations need more promotion though; I imagine that first time visitors to the park wouldn't necessarily be made very aware of its birthday, especially in the run up to it. I visited in Feb and there were only a few posters mainly near the castle which advertised the anniversary, I saw no mention of Dreams whatsoever. The show DOES look incredible though, I am extremely jealous of everyone who has seen it so far!   ;)
Faith, trust and a little bit of pixie dust...

RQCFilms

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I wonder if they don't use that one because Simba is on it and doesn't feature in the final cut of the show? I'm amazed that after seeing how publicised World of Color STILL is, that they don't take heed from the DLR style of advertising!

Youtube videos, website logos, mail outs, e-shots.. they're just doing it all bizarrely!

Actually, there was a Lion King sequence in the show while they were testing in 2011.
Look for it really closely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byn3dfvS10Q
- Ultimate Disney Fan

ulak

Nice- i want Lion King back for Dreams! :)
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]

15MagicalYears

As much as I love the fact they didn't go for the obvious choices, I can't wait till The Lion King and The Little Mermaid are put in Dreams. They are both spectacular and ridiculously popular films and I can just imagine all the possibilities to transform the castle.

RQCFilms

Well actually, The posters of Dreams were drawn and released before the Lion King, Nemo and the Little Mermaid were deleted and cut from the show. They also made some changes to some scenes, such as: the pink cake scene turned into all kinds of color you can think and the chase scene of the shadow and the pouring of the sparkles from the stars were turned in to well, see for yourself. The jungle book scene replaced the Lion King scene, you would already know because the waterfall scene of the Lion King was changed to the waterfall scene with the jungle book. They've also changed fireworks through out the testings of the show. Disney WorldGlobe showed some videos of Dreams! testing, in the I see the light part, there were some fireworks that exploded in the sky. And I think that the Beyond Epic score was deleted probably.
- Ultimate Disney Fan

Josh

More theming has arrived!

@InsideDLParis:

Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Scissorsboi

Quote from: "RQCFilms"
Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I wonder if they don't use that one because Simba is on it and doesn't feature in the final cut of the show? I'm amazed that after seeing how publicised World of Color STILL is, that they don't take heed from the DLR style of advertising!

Actually, there was a Lion King sequence in the show while they were testing in 2011.
Look for it really closely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byn3dfvS10Q

Yeah I know, which is why I suggested that Simba was on the photos as he was planned but didn't make the final cut. Almost as if it was a last minute change! It's a shame, I do think Lion King/Little Mermaid suit the show well, but I have no doubt they'll be added in as special scenes at some point!

As for the new theming, it's nice to see them make an attempt to cover those pipes and cabling!

Josh

Maybe they were only being tested so that they can be added next year.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]