Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elwell2009

Yes they have got rid of the willow bursts and replaced them with golden bursts which don't hang around for as long

gingajen

I didn't notice Peter Pan lifting the curtain on the 4th June. I was looking forward to that bit. I wont say I was disapointed that I didn't get to see it though because the show as a whole was just wonderful. I wished I could have seen it every night we were there but the kids were just exhausted.

RQCFilms

I'm not sure if it was technical difficulties but, they also changed another pyro. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SThTqflzjLg
After the genie says "and make the suckers disappear!", you will see an enchanted fireworks pyro. But it's still good.
Remember to always dreaming in wonderful and magical Very Happy
- Ultimate Fan Disney Dreams!
- Ultimate Disney Fan

Elwell2009

Two wheels have gone missing to on be our guest, and the replacement on genie isn't as good don't think there is as much impact with them

Simba 27

Quote from: "Alan"Well, someone on here said that the middle of Central Plaza was the best place to watch Dreams from. But I think you're right Steve; that's too close. I think further back nearer the Information Board creates a better illusion, because you're less aware of the physical architecture of the castle, and more aware of the projections.

I actually made a little map showing all the positions we stood in when we watched Dreams. Position 3 (Sunday, 13 May) was by far the best:

Sorry for the stupid question, but the view on number 3 it isn't a bit blocked by the trees?

Past trips:
Disneyland Paris: 2001-2005-2007

Disneyland California: 2006

Festival Disney

The trees have gone now, replaced by the dreams control booth and flower beds.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

RQCFilms

Quote from: "Simba 27"
Quote from: "Alan"Well, someone on here said that the middle of Central Plaza was the best place to watch Dreams from. But I think you're right Steve; that's too close. I think further back nearer the Information Board creates a better illusion, because you're less aware of the physical architecture of the castle, and more aware of the projections.

I actually made a little map showing all the positions we stood in when we watched Dreams. Position 3 (Sunday, 13 May) was by far the best:

Sorry for the stupid question, but the view on number 3 it isn't a bit blocked by the trees?

Well actually, this an old Satellite image. You can still see the stage.
Remember to always dreaming in wonderful and magical Very Happy
- Ultimate Fan Disney Dreams!
- Ultimate Disney Fan

CafeFantasia

Yes, I know it's an old satellite image. It's the most recent one I could find. Ignore what's actually on the ground and focus on the positions I stood in :-)

dlpfan1992

Quote from: "Elwell2009"Two wheels have gone missing to on be our guest, and the replacement on genie isn't as good don't think there is as much impact with them
I have noticed that sometimes the Catherine wheels explode.  :lol:

CafeFantasia

OK, I have a question for all of you out there about Disney Dreams! Does anyone know the name of the company that did the video mapping on Sleeping Beauty Castle? Obviously you're going to say Walt Disney Imagineering, but are they really the ones that laser scanned the castle and configured all the video projector equipment?

dlpfan1992

I feel sorry that people are not seeing the show as advertised.  :-"

Elwell2009

Quote from: "dlpfan1992"
Quote from: "Elwell2009"Two wheels have gone missing to on be our guest, and the replacement on genie isn't as good don't think there is as much impact with them
I have noticed that sometimes the Catherine wheels explode.  :lol:
Yeah I noticed that but that ain't normal having worked with abit of pyro that seems unreliable

DLRP Roundup!

Quote from: "Alan"OK, I have a question for all of you out there about Disney Dreams! Does anyone know the name of the company that did the video mapping on Sleeping Beauty Castle? Obviously you're going to say Walt Disney Imagineering, but are they really the ones that laser scanned the castle and configured all the video projector equipment?

They possibly did, they were quite up for sharing pictures in the making of videos which to me suggested they probably done it. It's not entirely a hard process, just a very very very meticulous process - at work we played with the projector and tried something similar using masks in the video software.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Scissorsboi

Regarding the catherine wheels, if there is any chance that they'll explode incorrectly, then I'm happy for them to be removed from the show (tbh, I always thought they looked tacky anyway, same as the ones on waving sticks in Fantasmic, they look more 'community fireworks night' than 'big theme park show'). Particularly after I seem to recall a Castle based pyro in the early years set a tower alight when it went off incorrectly?

As for fireworks changing/the show not being wat is advertised that's ridiculous, if I was to visit the park now then I wouldn't go "hmm that firework was slightly different to the video I saw online", I'd just enjoy the show. From what I've seen the changes in no way alter the show's storyline, or visual impact, it just happens to be a different type of pyro used.

If they removed them altogether then yes, that would be a problem, but they've still got fireworks and the show still runs as it is supposed to, and I have no problem with that.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

ulak

WOW - this "smoky version" is so magically! I was there this night on the video, and lasers parts and explosions was so amazing - another dimension...  :thumbs:

08:00 - 08:40...
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LCaXcUNJo5w#t=480sand finale with lasers and explosions...
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDvb7gll0IE&feature=player_detailpage#t=398s
[size=85](sorry for my bad english, thank You!)[/size]