December 2010 trip (slightly late report)

Started by fly_with_me_dumbo, March 03, 2011, 12:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fly_with_me_dumbo

Hi me and my boyfriend went to Paris for a week in early december and 2 of these days we went to dlrp. My 6th? time to disney and his first :D
I have to start on a horrible note, we were going when we had that ridiculous snow, it was the worst week of it aswell, all the eurostar trains excpet like a couple were all cancelled the few days before we were going, every time i'd go outside and the snow would be upto my thighs was awful!! i just wanted it to melt away! I was stuck to my pc on the eurostar website. Thankfully the day we went they put alot more trains back on!! and we were able to go. The train to kingscross normally takes 3 hours at most it took over 5  :shock:  we even struggled getting to my station, we had to get a taxi as we couldnt get the car out the street. sat on the train it started snowing and took hours to get out of yorkshire!! because every signal was frozen so had to stop at each one. Anyway when we got to Kingscross we went straight to check in for the euro star, they took our tickets and put us on an earlier train  :D  didnt exactly explain theyd done that though he just put a red sticker on my ticket :/
The euro star jourey at first was very slow in France but as we were on it the speed restrictions lifted so we were able to gain speed :) we arrived at Gare du Nord and got straight on the metro to our hotel in Paris a few minutes from the eiffel tower. I'm obsessed with Paris and have been quite a few times, its so beautiful, I encourage anyone staying at disney to take a day out and visit it! its so easy and laid back.
Well anyway we got to our very posh hotel ( we'd got a complete bargain on with eurostar  ;) ) after i'd had a fit about the fact i was confused where i was because it as dark and couldnt work out where our hotel was on the map haha. It was very cold but dry. After a break at the hotel and getting very excited about our room. I took my boyfriend to go see the eiffel tower, and he was amazed :D the walk there was lovely the street our hotel was down was decorated with xmas lights.
We had a walk round the area where the eiffel tower is, and even though i got confused to where the hotel was i could sure damn remember where to find mcdonalds LOL so we went there for some food at about 9pm, i swear their chicken burgers are a million times better then ours. then it was back to the hotel,

We woke up at about 8 am, got up and got ready and went for the metro, we were on it for 10 ish minutes then got off and waited for the RER yes it was busy but no where near as busy as summer!! We arrived at disney at about 10, i went and exchanged my cm tickets for park tickets and we did my ritual and rushedddd to Crush's coaster!!! and there was a 30 min que, my bf was completly amazed as we stood in the que he was like " i had no idea it was going to be like this" as we waited we had a cheeky sandwhich ;) anyway we got on the ride, backwards may i add, which seems is the only way im allowed on it!! we struggled a bit getting our feet in with bigger bags and big boots on, and i always panic getting on rides anyway that im going to loose something! haha. Well i love this ride sooo much, its so fun, its fast and steep without the silly loops!
After this we went to TOT which I have been on twice before but couldnt help getting all nervous and stupidly giggling out of nerves haha. We got on it thought, and i got that weird kick out of the drop even though i hate it soooo much haha. We bought our photos from the ride. I think these are the best souvenirs  you can get!
We had a look round hte studios, loved the xmas music i could hear. :D we then went to see the car stunt show (cant remember the name at all!) there was hardly anyone watching but my bf absolutly loved it he was like a little kid overly excited by it ;) its a good job we went on this day as the second day we went the whole park was under a few inches of pure ice after a massive blizzard in Paris, with more then half of the park  closed off ( but i'll get to that hetic day later on in the report)
When we left we decided to go into the main park but after a quick look in the shops in the studios, and just stood there in a corner was mickey mouse!!! no body bothering him, no pushy parents. It was great, we were so chuffed with ourselves to get a photo with mickey even if we are 20 & 22 hehe

Anyway we got to the main park which  was soooo festive. and as you all know is a million times more impresive then the studios my bf asked if we could just walk slowly down main street so he could take it all in. I love main street its the best part :D we headed to adventure aisle so we could go on pirates :D which was a walk straight on :D my bf's head was like an owl spinning round trying to see everything. I love the detail on this ride and how it goes on for a long time :) and the little drop, always brings back memories of when i first went on it when i was 7,  thinking i was going to fall out  :lol:  After this we headed over to big thunder mountain!!! my favourite ride ever!!!! and land. we waited for about 30 mins but it was so worth it except the photo booth to buy the photos from was closed :'(  and i always have to get the FIRST photo so i was a little disapointed. I went in the shop in frontier lad and did some pin trading :D the cm was very nice, and even rang the cm at the other side of the store to say i had some nice pins!!  :lol: We left here and went on haunted mansion which like every time i go on allllllways breaks down for a minute then restarts, I love the music in HM :D
By this point we were starving marvins so we went for a quick snack of chicken nuggets and chips ha. which can i add took about 30 mins!!! to get as the que we were in took forever, then they were all confused by my disney id, cos its a uk one and not a swipe one aswell.
so after a longgg meal of chicken nuggets :/ we went back to BTM with our fast passes to find it closed booooooo. So we headed to main street for a browse round the shops and a few pin trades.
We then went on Star tours which made us both VERY sick, did not like it at all! a 5 min que for buzz which i won!!! woo event though i do find it a bit boring :/
It kept snowing on and off throughout the day, and the castle looked amazing, as it got darker we got a hot chocy and waited for the lights to come on and the show before hand, a tanoy came on and said the show was cancelled :'( however it was snowing heavily now and it was beautiful, we just stood and looked for ages ( i will add photos later) the park started to clear and we waitied behind to get photos in the snow in front of the caslte with no one in them :D we were some of the last to leave. We went to the village ad got some food. and looked in the shops, but we were so tired so got the RER back :) was a great day we loved it :D
I will post the next day trip to disney soon, as its getting late. And its gonna be a long post to explain the extreme weather and how there was no hot food etc most rides close and me falling over into the splits  :shock:
Would people like me to post reports on my days in Paris?

Laura678

Your evening time in Disney sounds magical!
Cant wait to read the rest and see some pics!

And I would love to read about your time in Paris!
[size=150]All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them - Walt Disney[/size]

junglebaggie

I love reading peoples reports of their trip to DLP, I've been I think 12 times now and I too used to be a Cast Member in the UK, a job that I loved even though I was only there for about 2 1/2 years, it was the best but sadly the store has now closed.  However, I too went to Paris in December 2010 although I didn't encounter as much snow as fly_with_me_dumbo did but I've never seen such big icicles and is was sooooo cold!!  We quite often go around Christmas time as the park is so magical and always pack the thermals and loads of layers as it can be bitterly cold in France.   :D I might even get round to telling you all about my visits one day.  Your'e never too old to have your pics taken wih the characters, I usually go with two other adults (we're all over 50!!) and I'm the 1st in the line to have my pics taken, especially with Mickey!!