Phantom Manor Update?

Started by pfspock, February 04, 2011, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pfspock

I remember reading somewhere that Phantom Manor is getting an update later this year with new and updated effects and a possible new scene. Anyway, I can't find it anymore, so, does anyone know anything about it or was it just my imagination?

Thanks

DGRavenswood

True, for the 20th anniversary, there are rumors that several attractions might get new effects and improved show scenes, including Phantom Manor. Little is known beyond that, however.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Martyn

As chavs would say....OMG!

I love the PM so much, its by far one of the best dark rides in exsistance, I so hope they dont ruin it!

dagobert

I think I have read that somewhere, too. I really hope that the visual ffects and the sound system will receive an upgrade, like the Haunted Mansion in Florida. The Magic Kingdom version was a lot better than the one in Paris, effect wise not story wise. Still prefere the PM over the HM.

Not sure about the new scene, but when properly incorporated I think I'm fine with it.

lil-shawn

New effects would be great, more to discover in this attraction...

i hope the new scene will not include any pixar characters :-P

LittleMonster

Quote from: "lil-shawn"New effects would be great, more to discover in this attraction...

mattboywonder

Quote from: "lil-shawn"New effects would be great, more to discover in this attraction...

i think stinky pete would b right at home in phantom canyon!!!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

pfspock

Nah, they'll do it in style, like Stitch replacing the Phantom etc.

LittleMonster

Oh my!
Stitch replacing the Phantom?!
I'm sorry, but that would completely ruin the ride & it's story.

pfspock

Come on, this was obviously a joke.  A bad one, I admit, but a joke no less...

LittleMonster

Oh, I'm sorry....

DisneyG83

Good joke! But it is true, Pixar is taking over everything now.. I like my classic Disney.
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

littlemermaid83

First I had heard of this.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dagobert

The official Disney Parks blog has posted a video about the new interactive queue:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2 ... gdom-park/

What do you think? Do you want to see these things at DLRP, too?

Festival Disney

I much prefer our queue line to the one in MK. I think with all those tomb stones and crypts, it all looks a little cramped and busy, that's the imprssion I got from that video anyway. :P
I do like the interactive bits though, but I don't see where they would fit in to our queue :?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day