Fireworks

Started by pjulie75, April 15, 2007, 08:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjulie75

I just wondered why, when I go to Paris the fireworks are never on?  We are going this year from the 12-17 June.  We saw them once last year by surprise they announced on the day they were having fireworks, probably because we saw Michael Jackson that day and the whole show was probably for him.  It us such a magical experience to see the fireworks lighting up the Castle and it is wonderful sitting in Main Street on the road with everyone cheering and listening to the wonderful music.  I don't understand why they are not on more often.  Have been to Florida lots and always see the fireworks and it is a memorable experience.  Any info would be great.  Thanks.  Julie :minnie:

Anthony

The main reason - budget. DLRP is a separate company to The Walt Disney Company (who have a 40-something-% share in them) and they have a huge amount of debt from when the resort first opened.  They just can't waste their smaller budget on an expensive fireworks show that's gone in an instant.  DLRP usually spend on things like Candleabration and LOTLK which give a much better result.  I also think most Europeans who visit the park aren't so desperate to see those Epcot-style let's-blow-up-the-planet shows either. :wink:

The fireworks you saw last June were part of a trial of reintroducing fireworks on busy weekends in May, June and July.  I think it was a success, so there's probably a good chance it'll happen again this year. You might be lucky...

pjulie75

Thanks Baloo that is excellent news, I hope we are lucky I would love to see the fireworks again.

P.S. What is LOTLK - I can't work it out ?

coruscantpt

Also besides the budget problem DLRP as also the legal problem that doesn't allow the park to have big shows during the year, apart from the 14th july and the new year celebration.
As for LOTLK I think is legend of the lion king.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

fly_with_me_dumbo

just out of interest when does wishes return?

Filip

wishes return on 15 of july after the 14 of july - the big fireworks display. Still I dont understand what is wrong about having bigger fireworks - bigger effects like in california (i dont mean now the budget but the rules-villages) in california people also live next to disneyland and dont care... prob even like it

Kristof

Quote from: "Filip"Still I dont understand what is wrong about having bigger fireworks -

Sigh...  you won't give up huh... :wink:  

The situation is quite complex.  For example big fireworks are allowed to be used on Lake Disney, but not at Disneyland park as its build against one of the villages.  

It's not Karl Holz's fault there are no fireworks, but rather the mayor of Marne-la-Vallée.

Edit: regarding your "prob even like it" comment: you should read this article...

speedpacket

Quote from: "Filip"wishes return on 15 of july after the 14 of july - the big fireworks display. Still I dont understand what is wrong about having bigger fireworks - bigger effects like in california (i dont mean now the budget but the rules-villages) in california people also live next to disneyland and dont care... prob even like it
Considering that in California, the park is open a whole lot longer than at Paris, people that live close to the parks now probably knew it before moving there...  People that already lived in Marne-La-Vallée didn't have the choice anymore, when they were suddenly confronted with Disney :)

This is what always annoys me about the night flights on airports and why we should get rid of them - people that go live close to the airports now KNOW that they will have planes going over their houses...

Plus - US is a LOT different from EU still!!!  In US bigger and more noisy often is synonyme for better, whereas in Europe...  Well, I'll let you figure that one out :)
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

coruscantpt

Just another question about fireworks in DLP. When the park opened did it have a normal daiy firework show?? With big explosions and everything? Or only at summer like now?
When I went in 94 I saw the fireworks at lake disney.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Patrick

Quote from: "coruscantpt"Just another question about fireworks in DLP. When the park opened did it have a normal daiy firework show?? With big explosions and everything? Or only at summer like now?
When I went in 94 I saw the fireworks at lake disney.

When the resort opened they did have daily fireworks, however the local villages were not happy and so the law was passed to ban nightly performances in Disneyland Park.  However this law does not include Lake Disney, that's the reason why you saw them at lake Disney, for a year or two, eurodisney actually moved the fireworks show there.