Disney hotels survey

Started by never2old, November 15, 2010, 05:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

I just completed a survey DLP sent me about our last stay there, mostly about our stay in the Hotel (we were in the HNY)

What was interesting about it was a set of 20 questions, asking what kind of changes I would have liked to see in the rooms the more (and which the least). They had things like;:
- free WIFI in the room
- larger beds, or having the possibility to have bunk beds, better mattresses and pillows, or luxury bedsheets
- being able to have a 5th person in the room
- having a separate kids area (separated with a curtain)
- luxury shower (multi jets, etc), or bathtub with jets, or even luxury toiletries, and being able to choose the bathroom layout
- video on demand (with a fee), with a big selection of Disney films
- Gourmet coffee machine
- More Disney characters  :roll: in the room (curtains, lamps, wallpaper...)

Has anyone else completed such a survey? I thought it interesting, it's great that they're thinking about how to improve the hotel rooms, and some of the changes they suggest would be wonderful (or are even overdue...)

Personally I'd love to have free wifi, many hotels offer that (even cheap hotels!!), and that can't be too difficult to implement...

Disney characters in the room... No thank you. If they do to the HNY what they're doing to the Santa Fe... Don't even want to think about that  :evil:

But for example having more hotels offering rooms for 5 people (at reasonable prices...) would be great! And a gourmet coffee machine.... Yummy!!

I love the Disney hotels and I'd rather stay there than anywhere else, but even I have to admit that you get much much better value staying somewhere else... The only reason we've been staying in their hotels is because of the 30-40% discounts that make their prices more reasonable!! In a few years, once our baby is born and is old enough, I want to get annual passes... And then we'd be most likely staying off site every time, unless Disney starts providing better service!

So maybe they've realised that and are trying to seriously improve their hotels? What do you think?

kelly.dylan

I had the same when we came back from our Halloween trip :D Hope they listen to what people have to say  ;)
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Adam

Haven't had this survey, but sounds good. I am pleased they are asking these questions - planning the refurbishment of the hotels?

* Free wifi is great, even if it is for the core sites, such as emails and news.
* Larger rooms would be better and perhaps some smaller suites.
* Separate kids area is a no - a curtain won't do much!
* Better showers would be nice, but if I remember rightly, the showers are fairly decent despite being a bit old.
* VOD must be planned in relation to the new TVs and will be a money spinner, especially due to poor TV channels for the English.
* Nestle are a partner, so Nespresso machines would be easy.

Anthony

Quote from: "never2old"- video on demand (with a fee), with a big selection of Disney films
Yes!
Quote from: "never2old"- free WIFI in the room
Yes!! As important as a TV in a hotel room these days if you ask me.

Great to hear these things are being surveyed. The "more Disney characters" question could be worrying though. I'd imagine a lot of people might say yes on a questionnaire, when it might not actually be the most best thing to improve the hotels.

It does seem there has finally been a realisation this year that the hotels are somewhat behind. That's good.

Martyn

I always complete the survey after a trip, but I've never had a section about the hotel rooms.

I guess its good that they're wanting our opinions?!

claire2281

This sounds very promising indeed...

- free WIFI in the room - That would be very useful and the sort of extra them should be adding
- larger beds, or having the possibility to have bunk beds, better mattresses and pillows, or luxury bedsheets - I've always found them very comfy and large enough to be honest.
- being able to have a 5th person in the room - again, never been a problem for me but it seems like something groups would appreciate
- having a separate kids area (separated with a curtain) - as someone who doesn't have kids I don't see what the point of this is. Surely if you go away on holiday with your kids it is to spend time with them? Especially somewhere like Disney.
- luxury shower (multi jets, etc), or bathtub with jets, or even luxury toiletries, and being able to choose the bathroom layout - sounds heavenly to me!
- video on demand (with a fee), with a big selection of Disney films - this is a great idea, it would bring in revenue and I can't believe they haven't already done it.
- Gourmet coffee machine - fabulous for the cold months and those of us who don't like basic coffee
- More Disney characters  in the room (curtains, lamps, wallpaper...) - I don't mind this if it is a tastefully done and fits the existing themes of the hotels
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

Walts heir

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"I had the same when we came back from our Halloween trip :D Hope they listen to what people have to say  ;)
im pretty sure the fact that they send these out mean they actually care about people's opinion so they probably do read these

louise6921

What an excellent idea! I stayed in the Santa fe last time and was dissappointed! We found the Davy crockett excellent! Wish we had have been able to tell them
2008 - Davy Crockett Ranch
2010 - Santa Fe
2011 - Newport Bay