Disneynature

Started by dagobert, April 22, 2008, 08:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

The Walt Disney Company is launching a new movie label. It is called "Disneynature" and it is about nature documentaries.

http://corporate.disney.go.com/news/cor ... ature.html

Javey74

Sounds alright to me  :)

I'd listen to anything with James Earl Jones resounding voice, nature films narrated by Darth Vader.  :lol:

Brilliant choice of narrative voicing. James always attracts attention to what ever you are watching.  :wink:

peep

Sounds like they could be working very closely with the BBC, awesomes. BBC are very popular around the World due to their nature documentaries, teaming with Disney for Earth could be a very good plan.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Captain Pan

Quote from: "javey74"Sounds alright to me  :)

I'd listen to anything with James Earl Jones resounding voice, nature films narrated by Darth Vader.  :lol:

Brilliant choice of narrative voicing. James always attracts attention to what ever you are watching.  :wink:

And Mufasa's voice. Just thinking of his voice brings back ideas... Imagine him saying 'This Is Disneynature' like he does 'This Is CNN' It would be Perfect.

Quote from: "peep"Sounds like they could be working very closely with the BBC, awesomes. BBC are very popular around the World due to their nature documentaries, teaming with Disney for Earth could be a very good plan.
Sounds better if the BBC get involved too, the new Series Spy in the Jungle was great. Would David Attenborough be getting involved as part of the BBCs team for it then as he is arguably one of the most famous naturalists?

Anthony

They've got themselves a really snazzy website already, check it out:

http://disney.go.com/disneynature/

So nice they included a bit about the history of Disney and nature films.

Click "About" and then play the "logo". Really spectacular.

But am I seeing things, or has the Disney logo been changed for this? It looks thinner and a bit more like Walt Disney's actual signature - more like the new Walt Disney Animation Studios logo...

Captain Pan

I love the (I would say) snowcapped mountain range... as it looks like the Castle logo just doused heavily in Snow... Simply Breathtaking.

It's nice to see the heavy influence of the BBC in here... The April 21st Press Release is a pleasure to read... It'll be Spectacular and chilling to hear the voice of Mufasa tell us about our world, just like he told Simba (and Us) about the history of the Stars... I can't wait...  [-o< here's hoping for a European release for the movies.

Quote from: "Baloo"But am I seeing things, or has the Disney logo been changed for this? It looks thinner and a bit more like Walt Disney's actual signature - more like the new Walt Disney Animation Studios logo...

I would agree with you Baloo it does appear to be slimed down... But I like it... Great find by the way.

Anthony

After "Oceans", the next Disneynature release will be "African Cats":

[youtube:34dwkkbj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyw5KiT0tM0[/youtube:34dwkkbj]

dagobert

I've seen the trailer already on the Waking Sleeping Beauty DVD. Do you know if African Cats is another BBC production?

Anthony

According to this it's a combination of Greenlight Media AG and BBC Worldwide, same as the original "Earth".

I've never actually seen of these films, are they any good? They get very middling reviews.

dagobert

I have only seen Earth. The Austrian TV Station ORF showed the movie in three parts as part of their Universum Documentations, but with another narrator. I really liked the movie. It had some stunning pictures and it is definately worth to see it.