Wall-E statues in Discoveryland!

Started by Festival Disney, October 07, 2010, 11:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

Absolutely fantastic! Finaly Wall-E and EVE are entering the magic kingdom (aside from Wall-E being on the Disney All Stars Express ofcourse). Love the illuminated statues.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

dagobert

Quote from: "Martyn"Well said Riebi! Totally agree with pretty much everything you said.

That is such an awsome statue though, seems very well thought through, so its kind of fitting that DLP didn't come up with it :lol:

If DLRP would have come up with the statues, they wouldn't look that detailed and I'm sure they wouldn't be illuminated. By the way I really like the light effects. Maybe Disney will transfere Toon Studio in WDS into a Pixar Studios both would fit very well there instead of Discoveryland.

Wall-E and Eve look so much better than the figures on the balcony of Main Street USA.

Does someone know for what they were used in Tokyo and if there are more of these statues at TDR? Are there more coming to DLRP from Tokyo?

peterpanfan1953

Quote from: "dagobert"Does someone know for what they were used in Tokyo and if there are more of these statues at TDR? Are there more coming to DLRP from Tokyo?

They currently have (well at least they did in August) some similar Up statues in Adventureland... no idea if they will eventually come to DLP though:

Can see a few more pictures of it here:
Tokyo Disneyland Adventureland at Disney Character Central
\":peter:\"All it takes is faith, trust, and pixie dust

Cendrillon

Hmm... Wall-E works in Discoveryland, but Up in Adventureland? I'd rather not.

sebassah

Those UP! character stats is are so cool!

Soap

Quote from: "sebassah"Those UP! character stats is are so cool!

These statues look amazing! High Quality  :thumbs:
Only.....the location DLRP is putting them is not really hitting the spot imho  :?
It's so fragmented and not really making sense in what used to be the theme and ideas of the orginal
lands.

As opted before, make a dedicated Pixar place, that would be an great addition to WDS!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

sebassah

QuoteIt's so fragmented and not really making sense in what used to be the theme and ideas of the orginal
lands.

True, but a meet & greet/ picture point at Adventure land for UP! Would be a good thing! I would prefer 'the real characters' instead of statues.

QuoteAs opted before, make a dedicated Pixar place, that would be an great addition to WDS!

So on board with this and while on it: ad TS:MM to this place! Oh and a 'Art of Pixar Animation' kinda attraction (NOT TO REPLACE The art of Disney Animation'.

dagobert

Quote from: "peterpanfan1953"
Quote from: "dagobert"Does someone know for what they were used in Tokyo and if there are more of these statues at TDR? Are there more coming to DLRP from Tokyo?

They currently have (well at least they did in August) some similar Up statues in Adventureland... no idea if they will eventually come to DLP though:

Thanks for the picture. The statues look good, but I don't want them in DLP's Adventureland, because it is about pirates, Indy and the Orient. So UP wouldn't fit very well, but I would love to see them in the WDSP, for example as a Pixar exhibition in the Art of Disney Animation.

By the way are you the same person who is doing a great TDR trip report on a certain US Disney board. It would be great if you would do a trip report here as well.

Clara2141

I love those UP statues - it's my favourite Pixar film but I don't think it would work in the Adventure Land in Paris. I believe all Pixar characters do not belong in Disney Land Park with the exception of Discovery Land, only because it can fit the theme there. Well I'm not sure about Buzz but I like the Wall E statues. I would love to see UP featured in WDS although I don't know where they would put it.
Sequoia Lodge - July 1997
Santa Fe - July 2001
Day Trip - Sept 2009
Cheyenne - Feb 2010

Santa Fe - Nov 2010
Santa Fe - Feb 2011

I\'ve imagined being here like this so many times before, reaching out to take your hand as the butterflies in me soar

dagobert

Quote from: "Clara2141"I love those UP statues - it's my favourite Pixar film but I don't think it would work in the Adventure Land in Paris. I believe all Pixar characters do not belong in Disney Land Park with the exception of Discovery Land, only because it can fit the theme there. Well I'm not sure about Buzz but I like the Wall E statues. I would love to see UP featured in WDS although I don't know where they would put it.

I totally agree with you. Pixar characters don't work very well in DLP, that's why I'm a little bit annyoed that there are Toy Story statues in Frontierland. DLP's Frontierland has such a strong story with Thunder Mesa and the Ravenwoods. Just because Woody is Cowboy doesn't make him fit into Frontierland.

That's the same problem I have with Buzz in Discoveryland. Although at first I thought Wall-E shouldn't be there, now I think a Wall-e attraction should replace BLLB and Buzz should be relocated to the studios. In my opinion Wall-e would be a better choice than Buzz. Nevertheless I still prefere a Pixar free Discoveryland.

Wall-e and Eve look really great when they are illuminated. Has someone already been there? I wonder if children already tried to climb over the fence to touch them.

sebassah

Quote from: "dagobert"I totally agree with you. Pixar characters don't work very well in DLP, that's why I'm a little bit annyoed that there are Toy Story statues in Frontierland. DLP's Frontierland has such a strong story with Thunder Mesa and the Ravenwoods. Just because Woody is Cowboy doesn't make him fit into Frontierland.

I always see Frontierland in two parts. The Ravenswood part from the fort till Fuente del... And after that ist just Wild West/ Cowboy area. With the Tarzan/ Mulan/ Pocahontas shows there it wasn't very Ravenswood at all. So I think Woody isnt such a bad idea after all.

Although transportation of BLLB would be welcome I'd rather see them invest in a new attraction than spend alot of money in the transport of one that has been proven very popular with quests.

dagobert

Quote from: "sebassah"
Quote from: "dagobert"I totally agree with you. Pixar characters don't work very well in DLP, that's why I'm a little bit annyoed that there are Toy Story statues in Frontierland. DLP's Frontierland has such a strong story with Thunder Mesa and the Ravenwoods. Just because Woody is Cowboy doesn't make him fit into Frontierland.

I always see Frontierland in two parts. The Ravenswood part from the fort till Fuente del... And after that ist just Wild West/ Cowboy area. With the Tarzan/ Mulan/ Pocahontas shows there it wasn't very Ravenswood at all. So I think Woody isnt such a bad idea after all.

Although transportation of BLLB would be welcome I'd rather see them invest in a new attraction than spend alot of money in the transport of one that has been proven very popular with quests.

That's a good point. Hopefully Disney will bring back a show to the Chaparall Stage in Frontierland.

never2old

Quote from: "sebassah"I always see Frontierland in two parts. The Ravenswood part from the fort till Fuente del... And after that ist just Wild West/ Cowboy area.

That's because after the earthquake that destroyed the mine and killed Henry Ravenswood, the gold rush ended in Thunder Mesa... And the population moved towards Cottonwood Creek. So the two areas are somewhat separate

dagobert

Quote from: "never2old"
Quote from: "sebassah"I always see Frontierland in two parts. The Ravenswood part from the fort till Fuente del... And after that ist just Wild West/ Cowboy area.

That's because after the earthquake that destroyed the mine and killed Henry Ravenswood, the gold rush ended in Thunder Mesa... And the population moved towards Cottonwood Creek. So the two areas are somewhat separate

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that. So the Toy Story characters are even more inappropriate there. Do you think people working for Disney in Paris know all the background stories? I'm mean the park was designed by Imagineers in the Us who have just been in Paris for construction. Now they are assigned to other projects and entertainment and smaller additions are done by Imagineers from Paris.

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"Do you think people working for Disney in Paris know all the background stories?

"People" is pretty general, but yes, there are plenty of them, including but not limited to DLPI, who know those and more. Keep in mind that, apart from the fact that there's plenty of documentation, several DLPI Imagineers actually worked on the park's creation way back when. Unfortunately, as I've explained before, they can't always have their way.

I don't know the detailed history of Woody's Roundup Village, but taking an educated guess I'm pretty sure it was initiated by DLP management. I know they were looking for something to replace the petting zoo after bird flu shut it down, and I guess Pixar was what looked most attractive to them until the area will receive its permanent fix... whether that will respect the original Frontierland story or bring in more characters, we'll have to see.

For more about the Frontierland story, I'd recommend the book "From Sketch to Reality" (Or go here; it's a bit long and mostly about Phantom Manor, but there's a lot of accurate information concerning all of Frontierland).