Norhels trip to Disney World 20 sep to 7 okt 2010

Started by norhel, October 07, 2010, 07:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norhel

Quote from: "WillN"Wow... thanks for the report so far! Is it me or there are way more street performers there than in DLP? It looks great!  :thumbs:

I'd better start saving now because I want to go there sometime...

Not sure how many street performers there where, but if my memory don't serve me wrong, there wasn't so many on the floats, the majority was on the street. :-)
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

norhel

DAY 4!

This day it was time to go to Disney's Hollywood Studios.
OK park, needed just one day to go through this park.
But first some pictures of the hotel, I took the same morning before we went to the park.

And of we went to Hollywood Studios.

The first thing we went to was Muppet vision 3d. Fun! When you put your glasses on, it's just like feeling that the characters etc are coming strait towards you :-)
After that we went on Journy into narnia. For us it was boring, since we aren't so much Narnia fans. For me, that show was more like a documentary.
Bur Art of disney animasjon however, was interesting. They talked about how they drawing the characters (if my memory don't serve me wrong).
Had a look at the parade they had there. For me, it seems like it was more for the kids, as the kids also was entertained before the parade was coming. Kinda play-theme at the parade.

Or else, we just walked around, take pictures, and browse the stores, and shop a little.
And some other pictures:

And that's it for this day. And on day 5, a medical situation happened, but that is in my next post.

norhel

DAY 5

Todays plan was to visit Epcot and see most of the attractions there.
Didn't get so many photos this day.

The first thing we did, was to SPACESHIP EARTH.
Interesting to see how the humans developed. Kinda special ride in the way that you don't ride in a straight lane at any time (at least what I could notice). Fun with the video that you could afterwards of what kinda person you would be in the future.

When we was done there, we decided to go for Test Track. My mom isn't very fond of those kind of rides, so she stayed outside of the attraction. So my dad and I went in. Cool ride, especially with the speed test at the end :-)
When we was on our way out, I saw a sign that said that you could get onride photos, so when we I tried to get it. There was a little bit queue, so my dad went out meanwhile. I found that there wasn't any photo, due to the fact that it was out of order at that time.
Do you remember the medical problem I talked about at my first post?
Have a look at the spoiler, and you'll see that issue. But it could be not so very fond to read about.
[spoiler:25szs11v]When I got out of the shop, I found my mother lying on an ambulance stretcher, with paramedics and security personnel around her. I quickly found out that she had fainted and vomited, and possibly hit her head.
So the paramedics took her strait to hospital to get her checked there. It turned out that she had a heat stroke, due to the fact that she hadn't drink too little water. So the doctor gave her intravenous fluids and four hours after she had got to the hospital she was discharged. So it whole took about five hours from it happen until she was back at the hotel again. My dad and I was with her all the time, and since they aren't so very fluid in English, I had to translate for my mother. And actually, one of the nurses asked me where I learned so good English. But back to my mother. We took a cab back to the hotel, since some of my mothers clothes had to be trowed since she did number two when she fainted. And when we got a receipt from the taxi driver, he said that we should give the receipt to the hotel, and they'll give us money back for the taxi drive. So we asked the front desk, and we got the money back (was only 19,50 dollars, but still). Ans actually, later that evening, a nice women from the front desk called the my mother in my room (witch was resting for the rest of the night) and asked how she felt, if there was anything she needed etc. That was an positive call, since we didn't expected the hotel to do that. But we was glad that we had travel insurance. When we left the hospital my mom had to pay a deposit at 520 dollars, and I asked how much she had to pay if she had to pay the full sum, and that would be over 5000 dollars! I'm glad that the health services in Norway is completely different than the US.[/spoiler:25szs11v]

Since my mum had to rest in the room, my dad and I tried to reach our dinner reservation we had at Rose & Crown in UK in Epcot. Was five min late, so we had to wait about 15 min, but it was worth it. We both had fish and chips, and I think that that was the best fish and chips I ever had! :-) And I took a look at the paper it was lying on, and it was very like a newspaper, except that plastic of food paper or something like that.
You almost get the feeling that you are home at someone.

And that's it for day 5.

deisy

Your holiday is a dream! ...But 16 days were enough to see everything?

norhel

Quote from: "deisy"But 16 days were enough to see everything?
It depends on yourself I think. For example, we didn't do the water parks, since we aren't a that kinda swimming family.
And for us, we felt that one day in Animal Kingdom and one day at Disney's Hollywood Studios, was enough for us.
So I personally I felt it was enough days.

norhel

DAY 6

So today, my dad and I started to get our rental car at Dolphin. Went very easy. And for the car pick up, there was own people outside the main entrance that walked to the car park and delivered it outside the main entrance. So in the morning my mum and I took a round with mini golf at Winter Summerland Mini Golf. Great theming. Got a little water splashed on us from one of the figures. When we where done there, it was too hot for my mom, so I drive her back to the hotel before I took a tour to Downtown Disney to have a look and do a little shopping. Downtown Disney is HUGE I must say. Must be almost the size as Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios is Paris together, with a lot of shopping av stuff to do.

And that evening, we also had reservations for Hoop Dee Doo Musical Reveue.
Fair enough show, but A LOT of food. We was only me and my dad, since my mother had to rest after what I told you about on day 5. And for us two, there was food for what would be 5-6 servings here in Norway, so we hadn't stomach to eat up it all. On this picture, you could get a little idea of the food:

And some other pictures from the musical and Fort Wilderness.

They also got some of the audience up on stage to be a part of the show. Could see the show again, but I think I could pass that amount of food.

Day 7 probably up tomorrow.

dagobert

Thanks for the update. Again great trip report and pictures. After seeing all the photos, I desperately want to return.

norhel

So here we go with day 7.

At day 7, my mom and I went to Sea World. A good park I think. I've got the feeling that it's more open, that it's more air there than in Animal Kingdom.
Not sure what the names of the attractions we went to, has for their name, but we both enjoyed the day.

Don't know if you see these fish, but I touched they, and it felt like touching sticky rubber.

And we said hello to the ones :-)

These guys is apparently not harmful at all have I heard.

And this is a boat ride I think is called Journey in to Atlantis or something like that.

And we said hello to some more fish:

And these penguin seemed to have lazy days :-)
And here you could get on a moving walks that pass all the penguins. Think it must have been close to 100 meters with penguins and moving walks

And here we was on a show with pirates and seals. Quite funny.

So at the end of our day there, we just walked around the park, and also catch a dog show, witch also was funny. Dogs, cats, and a pig which showed various tricks they could.

And before we left, I tried the Sky Tower, witch goes about 90 meters up in the air. You get a great look at the park. :-)

So that's Sea World for us.

After relaxed at hotel a little bit, we went to Epcot and had a look.
Was first at Club Cool for a taste at different flavors from Coca Cola.
Most of them was good.

So over to Mexico for a tour. They've done a great job building up all that.
You get to see how Mexico (and the other countries) is, without going there.

And of course, since we are Norwegians, we had to visit Norway! :-D
Seems that they've done a great job here to with building up that.
Tried Malstoem too. Great ride. Showed what Norway is like, and how we was with the Vikings.
At the cafe, we would buy waffle to both of us, but were told that we had to wait six minutes since they had to bee cooked to order. Apparently it was something Disney demanded. So we dropped it, and I took a cinnamon roll, and my mom took  something else.

China was next. Not the most interesting country I've been to, but at least I've been there and had a look of how it is.

And a other picture of Epcot:

And that's it for this day. Videos will be up soon :-)

dagobert

Sea World looks great, unfortunately we didn't go there when we have been to WDW.

EPCOT was our favorite park at WDW, because it focuses more on adults, while the MK was just about toons, characters and children. The MK was our least favorite park. The Fantasyland was disappointing, it's just a concrete desert. Space Mountain was boring and the park itself just didn't look great.

norhel

Quote from: "dagobert"Sea World looks great, unfortunately we didn't go there when we have been to WDW.

EPCOT was our favorite park at WDW, because it focuses more on adults, while the MK was just about toons, characters and children. The MK was our least favorite park. The Fantasyland was disappointing, it's just a concrete desert. Space Mountain was boring and the park itself just didn't look great.

Yeah, Epcot is a great park. In MK I think Main Street and Frontierland is the best lands there. And perhaps a little bit at Toontown Fair. But the rest of the park, didn't catch me so much. Except from the Jungle Cruise and the Carousel of progress.

dagobert

Quote from: "norhel"
Quote from: "dagobert"Sea World looks great, unfortunately we didn't go there when we have been to WDW.

Yeah, Epcot is a great park. In MK I think Main Street and Frontierland is the best lands there. And perhaps a little bit at Toontown Fair. But the rest of the park, didn't catch me so much. Except from the Jungle Cruise and the Carousel of progress.

Our favorite lands in the MK were Frontierland and Adventureland. I didn't like Main Street, because it just doesn't look as nice as the one in DLRP. The street is made of concrete instead of bricks. That adds so much charme to the street.

Carousel Of Progress was great and the Jungle Cruise was also enjoyable.

norhel

And some videos from Sea World
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OBcOCRHPbs[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi4EqIeOBYI[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1TI8n2csQ[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3vjxEGppM8[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL3toMVVsUE[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVRmnqwdJkA[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhM5k-DFbI[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UicXdgYmQR4[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgy-mmKxp8k[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2slg5lgCIS8[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727h8eTy9y4[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsauzIPr9zs[/youtube:1xmqzplk]
[youtube:1xmqzplk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuuSxlQLSU0[/youtube:1xmqzplk]

The next day probably up tomorrow.

WillN

Wow... Sea World looks amazing!  :)  Thanks again!

I can't wait to go there... and from what I'm seeing so far I'll need at least 3 weeks!
Check our Honeymoon Trip Report! March 8-12 2010.

Soap

Okay...Norhel....i was just quick checking the forum....thanks for giving me report/photo overload and
too much time spending here  :shock:

Hihi  :thumbs:  great stuff dude!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

norhel

Quote from: "WillN"Wow... Sea World looks amazing!  :)  Thanks again!

I can't wait to go there... and from what I'm seeing so far I'll need at least 3 weeks!

Yeah, if you are there first time, you'll probably need something around that. Depends of course of how much time you would spend in each park, and how much of the attractions you are gonna ride. :-)

Quote from: "Soap"Okay...Norhel....i was just quick checking the forum....thanks for giving me report/photo overload and
too much time spending here  :shock:

Hihi  :thumbs:  great stuff dude!

:)