Why is Casey Jnr always closed???

Started by pers5579, September 01, 2010, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strawjaw

I can fully understand rides having to close for maintenance, and certain rides having to close due to weather conditions, and I can also fully understand that the most convenient time to do this, would be in the winter months when the park is quieter.
Having said that, I don't understand why Casey Jnr, and Le Pays de Contes seem to be mostly shut throughout the low season.
If they are not prepared to open them more often, then they should replace them with rides that are open throughout the year.
Yes, we may pay less for accommodation through the low season, but the park tickets remain the same price.
I'm sure when Walt Disney first had his vision for Disney theme parks, it wasn't to alienate anyone, or stop anyone enjoying the rides. =(
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

pers5579

On this trip we noticed that Casey Jnr was shut off with the green fencing. You couldn't even see it. I wonder how long it will be like this for???
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

Tuvok

Quote from: "pers5579"On this trip we noticed that Casey Jnr was shut off with the green fencing. You couldn't even see it. I wonder how long it will be like this for???

Le Pays des Contes des Fees is currently in refurb. They have drained the water from the ride and are refurbing, that's why the green fences up.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Martyn

The green fence is normal when Storybook land is closed.

Owain

Quote from: "Tuvok"
Quote from: "pers5579"On this trip we noticed that Casey Jnr was shut off with the green fencing. You couldn't even see it. I wonder how long it will be like this for???

Le Pays des Contes des Fees is currently in refurb. They have drained the water from the ride and are refurbing, that's why the green fences up.

Funny that these rides always seem to be refurbed the most, yet they are hardly ever open.

Although they bother were open on my halloween trip 18th - 23th.

littlemermaid83

I must be lucky we have managed a ride on Casey Jnr on most visits.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Freddiesdad

we are going on 6th to 8th April, so hopefully Casey Jnr should be open.  We rode it in July 09 and was my little boy's first coaster ride.  I hope he can ride it again, as swinging left and right on my office chair in my study while watching the video on this site doesn't have the same effect, and is taking it's toll on my chair :o
Just like we dreamed it

strawjaw

Quote from: "Freddiesdad"we are going on 6th to 8th April, so hopefully Casey Jnr should be open.  We rode it in July 09 and was my little boy's first coaster ride.  I hope he can ride it again, as swinging left and right on my office chair in my study while watching the video on this site doesn't have the same effect, and is taking it's toll on my chair :o

Ha ha, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then...

I go just before you, and I'm hoping it'll be open for me too.
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

CafeFantasia

Casey Jr. was definitely open last year, on Sunday 13 May 2012, when I shot this 1080p HD video of it. See what I did there?  :D

[youtube:u59p2elr]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaEVMktdZI[/youtube:u59p2elr]

TVTaughtMeHowToFeel

Quote from: "CafeFantasia"Casey Jr. was definitely open last year, on Sunday 13 May 2012, when I shot this 1080p HD video of it. See what I did there?  :D

[youtube:vvih8j7b]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbaEVMktdZI[/youtube:vvih8j7b]

nice video!!! and nice advertising ;) ...
Halloween 2000
Summer 2004
Halloween 2005
Christmas 2005
Halloween 2007
Halloween 2010
Summer 2012
Spring 2014
Christmas 2014

SwipatronSparks

it was open when we where there over easter on full open hours (10am until what ever time they close fantasyland to prep for dreams)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

gemmasteele84

was open when we went last week

captain rocket

And was open yesterday and Wednesday, much to my surprise!

littlebitofpixiedust

We visit twice a year have done for 5 years and the past 2 years we have found this to be open on particular days (not everyday) so usually now it's the first port of call to check the sign. We visit march and September hope this helps :)

lynny

We've been going every year since 2006 for halloween half term and once a few days before christmas  2008 and have always managed to catch it and tues 14th through to thurs 16th last week it was open too :thumbs:  
i think its down to luck really :roll:
HOTEL CHEYANNE JUNE 2000
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2006
HOTEL NEW YORK HALLOWEEN 2007
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB CHRISTMAS 2008
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2009
HOTEL NEW YORK EMPIRE STATE CLUB HALLOWEEN 2010
HOTEL NEW YORK LAKE VIEW HALLOWEEN 2011
HOTEL NEW YORK UPGRADED TO LAKE VIEW MAY 2013