Why is Casey Jnr always closed???

Started by pers5579, September 01, 2010, 10:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuvok

Just to set the record straight: both rides in Storybook Land are always closed during low-season. They are only open during the summer AND winter season (that means during the christmas season from early november till the first week of january). If you want all rides to be open, you need to visit during high season. If you visit during low season you can expect rides or lands to be closed. If you pay less, you'll get less.

As for the sign: they put out the wrong sign, which is usualy there during spring for the summer-refurb. Storybook Land will be open during the christmas season, as always.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DopeyDad

They have both been occasionally open at restricted hours on our last June and Oct trips. They were down as closed on the refurb list but we were very pleased they were operating.

loladelorean

Quote from: "Tuvok"Just to set the record straight: both rides in Storybook Land are always closed during low-season. They are only open during the summer AND winter season (that means during the christmas season from early november till the first week of january). If you want all rides to be open, you need to visit during high season. If you visit during low season you can expect rides or lands to be closed. If you pay less, you'll get less.

As for the sign: they put out the wrong sign, which is usualy there during spring for the summer-refurb. Storybook Land will be open during the christmas season, as always.

This is good news, we are going at the very start of the xmas season so it will be lovely if we are finally able to go on this ride.
Mind you, I went for a day trip in September 2006 and remember going on the storybook ride :S its a while ago, I suppose
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

pers5579

Quote from: "Tuvok"Just to set the record straight: both rides in Storybook Land are always closed during low-season.

On our trip 14-20 September 2008 - Closed throughout.

Our trip 22-25 January 2009 - It was open on the Monday.
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

lorrig

We were at DLP last November - 20th - 26th, If I remember right.  We went to try these rides mainly due to having our 17 month old daughter with us, to find they were closed - however the sign did say they were open at the weekends. Not sure if this is true as we first tried on the Monday.
We were dissapointed as there are not a huge number of rides suitable for very young children so at least the storybook boats would have been suitable for her.
The idea that you should get less in low season because you pay less seems a bit strange as the actual entrance ticket is exactly the same price! :?

pers5579

I understand that its not peak season so they have less staff. Fair enough. But this is a good ride for the younger ones and its a popular ride. Why can't they rotate which rides are going to be closed??
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne
From the magic within our hearts, to the adventure beyond the horizon, there is only one Disney!

sebassah

As Tuvok states: the Casy/ Storybook area is high peak season only since it is easy to close without noticing it at all (only from the railroad its is realy visable.

As for the mill ride 'Les Pirouettes du Vieux Moulin': it has been closed, I believe, less than a year after opening. The official reason I know is that its evacuation protocol took to long. In other words: in case of an emergency it would take to long to get all guests out.

Somewhere in 2000 I think they re-opend it with new safety procedures which included the closure in case of rain. Since there was a lot of rain in Paris the attraction closed for good somewhere in 2002. I love it when they put the candy canes in it around Christmas though!

PetiteSirene

I was so angry to find these attractions closed when we went this week! The website said it would be closed from 1st October, however the park guides said they were closed that whole week and the next! There was a sign outside saying 'reopening next summer.' However my friends went on these attractions last november???  I really want to take my daughter on these rides but it seems the chances of them ever being open when we go is minimal :(

I don\'t know when, I don\'t know how, but I know something is starting right now.
Watch and you\'ll see, someday I\'ll be Part of Your World.

Feb 2001 - Paris
Sept 2008 - Santa Fe
Dec 2008 - Cheyenne
Feb 2009 - Sequoia
September 2009 - Disneyland Hotel

Martyn

"if you pay less, you'll get less"

What a ridiculous system to go by. They should offer the full experience to all guests, all year round.

pers5579

I'm hoping they are open for our visit in Jan, but were going Mon-Fri and I think last time we went the only day the were open was Sunday :-(
Sep 2008 - Santa Fe
Jan 2009 - Sequoia Lodge
Jan 2011 - Cheyenne

kelly.dylan

We went on Casey Junior for the first time on sunday! It has never been open on our previous trips!
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

sebassah

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"We went on Casey Junior for the first time on sunday! It has never been open on our previous trips!

Wow congrats! And honest was it worth your patience? In other words: did you like it?

MissDisneyisMagical

I did not even know this ride existed until i read this thread i went to disney paris 14-17th dec and this ride was closed from 14-16 but was open on 17th (friday) when i saw where the ride was i was astonished i had missed it as its where belle is to have her photo taken in her christmas village! Loved the ride one of my faves!
<center><embed src="http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/show.swf?message=Kirsty&font=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/fonts/plainn_lib.swf&glitter=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/glitters/glitter78.swf&clickURL=http://www.satisfaction.com/glittermaker/&type=0&clickLABEL=Glitter Text Maker&flashLABEL=Satisfaction.com&bevel=0&shadow=1&glow=1&blur=0&fade=0&blink=0&gb=2&ga=0.6&gi=0&gc=16210663&bb=2&bc=0&sb=7&sa=0.7&si=0&sc=0&blb=7&ls=0&fontsize=60&num=78" quality="best" wmode="

SwipatronSparks

Quote from: MissDisneyisMagicalI did not even know this ride existed quote]

it took us a while to find as well.... by chance we found it just wandering around... (i hated casey junior first time i went on it.... more because its not thrilling enough... i love rollercoasters and that ride just doesnt do it for me.... yes i know its meant for younger guests.... but i was a 13 year old who wanted to go on the big rides)
past trips to DLRP ~2001~2001~2002~2003~2005~2005~2006~2008~2011~2013~2015/16~2016~2017~2019
DLH, SL, NPBC, Explorers, Dream Castle, Magic Circus, Kyraid,

upcoming trips....

Martyn

Hopefully we'll get it on again in a couple of weeks. The rehab list says its closed in Jan UNTIL 21st.... but the same goes for the boat ride and Animagique, all of which have been closed on my last few January trips. But we'll see.