Disney Magical Moments Festival (From April 2011)

Started by Kristof, September 01, 2010, 09:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loladelorean

I have mixed thoughts on the brochure. Like most people here, I don't think it (or any DLP brochure) does enough to show off the beauty and extent of the parks and attractions. They use these photoshop images and a miniscule amount of information in such a way that I think it cheapens the place. It took me years to finally persuade my boyfriend to come in June next year, as he thinks DLP is just for kids and tacky. When he saw this brochure he got worried all over again that there is nothing there for him - that's the message I think the DLP brochure style gives off.
That aside, it IS better than previous offerings. There are no flying children, there are real (if small) pictures of actual attractions, and the hotel pages are the best yet.
And they've made the most of bigging up very little - TSPL will still be new for most guests, and the new "happenings" are welcome additions, in my opinion. Especially the Alice in Wonderland one, I hope the characters are inside the maze and you come upon them unexpectedly that would be great fun!
One last moan or two, the restaurant page is just a giant photoshopped image of the Manhattan Restaurant with a bizarre small Mickey in a chef outfit....couldn't they have used this space with real photos of their best themed restaurants, Agrabah Cafe, Blue Lagoon etc? And a real photo of the Village wouldn't have hurt either.
I love DLP, but wish they'd hire someone new to do their flippin brochures...
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

jaskat8

Mickeys House is something new I guess but hardly dynamic.

Cant help thinking-what a waste of a great stage space.

alternativerock123

I was going through some random videos on youtube of Princess Meet and Greets and came across a few from WDW and DLC and I was wondering do you think that this: //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRTXWIB4rY would be like the new Princess Meet and greet we are getting for 2011 in the IASW Post-show section?

I didn't get a chance to go to see IASW so I don't know how big the room is at the moment. So...
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Tuvok

Quote from: "alternativerock123"I was going through some random videos on youtube of Princess Meet and Greets and came across a few from WDW and DLC and I was wondering do you think that this: //http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcRTXWIB4rY would be like the new Princess Meet and greet we are getting for 2011 in the IASW Post-show section?

I didn't get a chance to go to see IASW so I don't know how big the room is at the moment. So...

Our Royal Princess Palace will be bigger and, according to rumours, more sophisticated with the latest technology incorporated. What that realy means, I don't know either, but giving the fact that WDI is doing this project (and not DLP-I), could be an indicator that this won't be 'just another' meet&greet location, but something special. We can only wait and see!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

Festival Disney

Here's some pictures of the signs that have cropped up on the Hub-Parking lot covered walkways:

Source: Disney Gazette
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

They look nice enough. Although, unless you've seen the press release, what they're advertising is anyone's guess.

Festival Disney

And here is what must be the most obscure "teaser trailer" ever   :lol:

[youtube:34liq5p5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOeGGl8mbXc&feature=sub[/youtube:34liq5p5]
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Aveen2008

lol it's not really advertising anything except the name...not much of a teaser lol!
Luv Aveen xoxo

Tuvok

Just a little 'happy new year' message with a Magical Moments touch. I actually like it for what it is. Just a simple message. It's just playing with clip-art, but I like it nonetheless. Looking forward to this new themed year!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

mdw

is there an open date for the new princess meet and greet?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mdw"is there an open date for the new princess meet and greet?

6th april 2011.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

How I long a time at DLP that is not about festivals per se, but one that offers themed entertainment appropriate to each land - a barber shop quartet and marching band on Main Street, a pianist at Casey's Corner, can can dancers in the Lucky Nugget, craftsmen in Adventureland and Frontierland, quality shows on the stages they were intended for, fireworks of quality more than just in summer (perhaps every saturday night), decent opening hours. You know, a real proper disney park in Europe.

But there is no point lamenting the past....

mdw

Thank you, does everything else start in april aswell?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "mdw"Thank you, does everything else start in april aswell?

Should do, but as always things could be subject to change.

smurfy74

i think its good there will be a lot more 'live' things going on and that they will be fitting to each land, I heard one cast member saying he had had a fitting for his Mr Darling costume. So fingers crossed this could be a great step change and more streetmousephere