RC Racer

Started by Anthony, August 20, 2010, 04:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexguitar

Oooooh *facepalm*
Woops, nope they don't! Haha ahh well! In the Queue at 10am it is then! Just me being a dunce.
Too over-excited I think, haha!
Bring on RC Racter anyhow :)
:minnie:
December 2003 - Hotel New York
December 2004 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2005 - Newport Bay
December 2006 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2007 - Davy Crockett Ranch (One night in Sequoia Lodge)
December 2008 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2009 - Disneyland Hotel
December 2010 - Sequoia Lodge (7th-11th)
December 2010 - Davy Crockett Ranch (19th-22nd)
December 2011 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2012 - Davy Crockett Ranch
December 2013 - Sequoia Lodge (Can't wait!)
[/b]

svenneke1

They actually DO EMH in WDS, but only on certain dates. It's all in the folder you get when you check in in your hotel. I think (if I read it well) that this time around, there are EMH in WDS every weekend, but I don't know how long that will last. And yes, RC Racer (actually Toy Story Playland itself is open during EMH) is open during EMH.

fly_with_me_dumbo

if your sat in the middle wont it be err a bit boring?

Martyn

No? I think its fun where ever you sit.

I must say I was quite surprised at the power the LSM's, they really have some oomf about them!

Kristof

The new RC Racer photo location has finally arrived:

First 2 photos: Mr Mouse on Disney Central Plaza

Last photo: InsideDLParis Twitter

CafeFantasia

I like it. The only thing about it that strikes me as a little odd is, why is the RC logo all rounded and splashy? Is it supposed to be some sort of aquatic version of RC?

Also, the shape of the box doesn't seem to match the shape of the box you'd get a remote controlled car in.

ed-uk

And they wouldn't come in a box that size. Wrong size, wrong shape for your average remote controlled car. But as a photolocation it works, it has to be the right size and shape for people to get in, that's what it's ment to be used for.
Ed & David

Kristof

We were explained during the refurb presentation a few weeks back that the box had to be tall enough so guests couldn't climb on it.

15MagicalYears

I don't like the plastic on the front, won't that give an odd reflection when taking photos, or if a flash is used, a flare?

Columbiad

I do like it. But theres so much more that they could have done to make it seem more like a real toy packaging. All the detail you get on toy packaging (the bar code, the age reccomendations, the warnings, the trademarks) has been missed out, and would make it seem all the more convincing. Or what about those wee wire things you get wrapped around the arms of Action Men when in thier boxes?

I do like it, but I feel they've missed a beat a bit.

th13teen

Its become the joke with my family that every ride that has a horribly hidden queue is a traditional Disney queue, I guess the main reason behined the queue layout is to hide the main queue from the genral public so they will join and wont realise just how long it will be, thus the famous Thunder mountain queueline, from first timers it looks like a fairly short wiggly queue to the station but when you get inside the cattlepen you really are in it for the long haul!

peter

I see the water logo and I instantly think

Toy story flume ride. It would have been nice

Anthony

Quote from: "Kristof"We were explained during the refurb presentation a few weeks back that the box had to be tall enough so guests couldn't climb on it.
I'd have preferred it been even taller. It seems out of scale with the actual RC car, Slinky's box, everything around it. Would have better to have something more original, too - maybe even using a different Toy Story character that isn't featured anywhere, like Hamm. A photolocation for RC seems unnecessary when you've got an actual ride a few metres away, but I suppose the same is true for Autopia.

Anyway, at least it's much better than the original location. The splashy graphics are nice, the closest we've got to water in the studios so far!

dagobert

Is it a permanent photo location, or was it just built for this year's festival? Hopefully it will be removed next year, because if it is really necessary to have photo locations, Disney should built one where Woody and Co. could be moved from Frontierland to TSPL. Toy Story doesn't belong to Frontierland anymore, since TSPL opened.

littlemermaid83

Ok it took me a good 5 minutes to realise that RC is not actually in the box LOL.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!