Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

That'd be good to see. I really havent a clue what Captain Eo is about and would love info/links if anybody has any.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

norhel

Quote from: "tubbsy"That'd be good to see. I really havent a clue what Captain Eo is about and would love info/links if anybody has any.
I've never heard of it before either, but according to the "Disney A to Z" it is a musical science fiction adventure film. Originally from Epcot, WDW. Captain EO and his crew are discovering a colorless planet where they are confronted by their supreme leer and her forces of darknes. Apperently 17 min long and includes Michael Jackson and others.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

smurfy74

hi tubbsy

here is one of the better teaser trailers from you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRg5PrjzV-c&NR=1

maybe it was because i loved those big scifi films from the 80's , maybe because it was Lucas and Coppola - Im not sure I just remember preferring it to HISTA, maybe its rose tinted nostalgic glasses clouding my vision. I really want to see this again

Tuvok

I'ts official!

This is the internal management flash update which anounces Captain EO's return mid-June 2010, released last wednesday: Click!

Or view my full article about Captain EO on my blog (Dutch): Click!
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

toritinker

Awww I love HISTA :( I'm not returning till august so I won't see it again sobsob!
Shall be interesting to see a new show though I suppose...
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

tubbsy

Thanks for that Smurfy :)
I like HISTA too, only saw it a couple of times so havent got sick of it!
But this looks good too :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

QTXAdsy

EO moonwalks it's way back to DLP. :)  

How long will it be there for?

Here Come The Belgians!

Reiana

Wow, I've never expected to see Captain Eo in DLP again.
I saw it 5 or 6 times during my DLP visits and it's good to have him back, even if it is only for a short time.
 =D>  =D>  =D>

PictureWendy

Quote from: "Tuvok"I'ts official!

This is the internal management flash update which anounces Captain EO's return mid-June 2010, released last wednesday: Click!

Or view my full article about Captain EO on my blog (Dutch): Click!

I absolutely love Captain EO so I'm glad it's returning to DLP!! I've seen it before and I loved it! I think it's nice that they bring back a classic like this.

I've just returned from a trip to Disneyland Paris. We did the Guided Tour through Disneyland Park. During the tour, the castmember confirmed the rumour about Captain EO returning. He told us that Honey I Shrunk The Audience will end in May and that Captain EO will be returning in July. So no exact date yet, but I'm happy to here that this rumour is confirmed by multiple sources!
Love,
PictureWendy

Just got back from my 17th Disneyland Paris trip!

Disneyland Resort Paris: 17 times (1992-2010)
Disneyland Anaheim: 1 time (2009)

never2old

Well, I guess it should be interesting to see it again, but to be honest, I will HISTA....

Does anyone know if HISTA will be coming back at all? Or how long Captain EO will be staying?

bigrossco

not sure if it will come back as everything says it will close so maybe CaptainEO will be back for the long run and mite get replaced at a late date (or year) by something else?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Tuvok

HISTA is done and will not return after Captain EO's run. The theatre will be used for a new 3D show, or replaced by another attraction, perhaps Monsters Inc Laughing Place. My guess is, that Captain EO will have a 1 year limited run, simular to Disneyland California and then this spot will be updated with a new show or new attraction. They can then launch it in 2012, in time for the 20th anniversary celebration.

This is not based on facts by the way, just my view on it.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

mehdi5

Personally i don't think a new 3D film after EO would be a good idea, especially since the recent 3D hype in theaters. Monsters Inc would be a possibility, personally i'd like a motion ride like Spider-Man & Harry Potter at Universal in Florida, but i guess i have to keep dreaming lol.

Anyways back on topic will definitly see EO at least once, never saw it in it's original run.

dagobert

I really hope that HISTA will be replaced with a new attraction. Hopefully it will not be replaced with Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. I really enjoyed this attraction at WDW and it is a lot better than Stitch Live, but it doesn't fit into Discoveryland. In my opinion Buzz Lightyears Laser Blast shouldn't belong to Discoveryland.

Martyn

I never saw this when it was originally at the park, so have to ask the question, what the hell is Captain EO? Yeah I watched that Youtube click, didn't really explain much though.

Its MJ 3D show, so why the name Captain EO?

And after watching that clip, I'd say this is a step back from HISTA! Yes it was outdated, but was still fun.

And if this Captain EO thing is only here for a year, no doubt they'll just bring HISTA back instead of anything new! I would love for them to do something differen't, like something to do with Wall-E, instead of just copying other parks!