Captain EO returns to Discoveryland - now closed

Started by The Butlin Boy, April 10, 2010, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

It would be nice if they could bring the old sign back, and change the zoetropes back to their original Captain EO designs. Having said that, the CineMagique part would be redundant and confusing, now that there's an actual attraction called CineMagique over at WDS.

carrydee38

how long is it going to run for as am going in November I saw it orginally in 98 and would now love my 12 year to see this...so please pleaes tell me that it will be on when I am goin?.....

Martyn

^^ That sign would make it look like Captain EO is the 'temporary' attraction in the Cinema. The main focus of that sign is the Cinema side of things, and the actual show (Captain EO) is smaller side of it, if you get what I mean...

Kristof

A photo from today: work on the façade.

JelleP

Looks cool, not very much to see yet (no sign or something), but it's great to see they're working on it ;)
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

never2old

DCP reports that they're having previews for the public today!

Timbo

I am amazed they have refitted this so fast , do you think they kept all the effect equipment in place , like the lasers etc . Must be one of the quickest time ever to change an attraction over !

luke85

Disney Central Plaza has many pictures showing the new EO elements...

Here is the original link to the forum:
http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 71-980.htm

I'm not sure how I feel about the large circular logo on the facade, it's too flat and looks very cheap. I was hoping we might get something a bit more impressive like Disneyland's  :roll:

CafeFantasia

Quote from: "Timbo"I am amazed they have refitted this so fast , do you think they kept all the effect equipment in place , like the lasers etc . Must be one of the quickest time ever to change an attraction over !

Woah there. Hang on. This is "Captain EO Tribute" not "Captain EO". There's a difference. Lots of the effects that were there in the original Captain EO will not be present in Captain EO Tribute. There won't be any lasers, any fibre optic starfield, any mirror balls, or any smoke. The floor WILL bounce though, which is something new.

dagobert

Quote from: "luke85"I'm not sure how I feel about the large circular logo on the facade, it's too flat and looks very cheap. I was hoping we might get something a bit more impressive like Disneyland's  :roll:

The attraction will be there fot just a year I think, so it is not really necessary to build something impressive. I'm quiet happy with the logo. Disney should keep the money for a new attraction than for designing big, impressive logos for temporary attractions.

But speaking of temporary attractions, wasn't Indy supposed to be temporary and now it is still there. I don't mind, because I like the attraction.

luke85

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "luke85"I'm not sure how I feel about the large circular logo on the facade, it's too flat and looks very cheap. I was hoping we might get something a bit more impressive like Disneyland's  :roll:

The attraction will be there fot just a year I think, so it is not really necessary to build something impressive. I'm quiet happy with the logo. Disney should keep the money for a new attraction than for designing big, impressive logos for temporary attractions.

But speaking of temporary attractions, wasn't Indy supposed to be temporary and now it is still there. I don't mind, because I like the attraction.

Good point Dagobert, I hadn't really thought about that. Hopefully the money they saved on the sign will go to the Ratatouille fund! :D

dagobert

Quote from: "luke85"Good point Dagobert, I hadn't really thought about that. Hopefully the money they saved on the sign will go to the Ratatouille fund! :D

I really hope you are right!!!

Soap

Hmmmmm.......what to think of this indeed.... :-k

The colours are good and well if it's just for a short moment maybe it's just good enough.
But yes, it's lacking the Tribute note and....where's MJ himself in the sign on picture 3????  :?
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Timbo

Quote from: "Alan"
Quote from: "Timbo"I am amazed they have refitted this so fast , do you think they kept all the effect equipment in place , like the lasers etc . Must be one of the quickest time ever to change an attraction over !

Woah there. Hang on. This is "Captain EO Tribute" not "Captain EO". There's a difference. Lots of the effects that were there in the original Captain EO will not be present in Captain EO Tribute. There won't be any lasers, any fibre optic starfield, any mirror balls, or any smoke. The floor WILL bounce though, which is something new.
I must have missed that !! think it will lose a lot of the magic for me , because it is really just an old  music video then :(

JelleP

Can anyone explain to me what/who this AA is?

[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]