Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Butlin Boy

Nice pics. In the last one you can see that they are painting the top curve of the building. I'm actually surprised at how fast it has progressed! :)

penfold12

I hop ethat blue is not the final coate of paint. Not from a colour point of view, but because you can still make out all the individual slabs of concrete that were used....

Anthony

Quote from: "penfold12"I hop ethat blue is not the final coate of paint. Not from a colour point of view, but because you can still make out all the individual slabs of concrete that were used....
That's exactly what I'm not liking at this point.  The same thing happens on Disney Studio 1, but not this bad...

They seem to have only painted about 2/3 of the wall though, so maybe there's a reason behind that? Either way, it probably won't be that noticable when the attraction's finished because you'll be under a canopy when you're down that side of the building.

You can see at the front (the most visable part) that they've obviously spent a long time priming it with that white covering, which seems to have removed any gaps.

penfold12

Yeah, but I think the big difference is that on studio one there are "corner peices" in a differing shade and also raised strips along the walls. If you compare studio five with One, with the exception of the rocks (which are fantastic) it suddenly looks like a huge aircraft hanger style building, where as studio one suddenly looks very themed and detailed!

The Butlin Boy

The latest photo courtesy of Anthonydlrp at central plaza!

:arrow: Link

Maarten

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"The latest photo courtesy of Anthonydlrp at central plaza!

:arrow: Link

Thanks for the link. It seems like the weather is quite bad at Marne-la-Vallee. Ow before I forget, the paint is coming along nicely by the way.  :lol:

Anthony

Bleugh! Yeah, nasty weather! :(

The paint on the front looks a million times better than the sides though, far better than any of the concepts, infact...

And it still looks good against that grey sky too, don't you think?  Not too cold yet.

penfold12

seeing as there is the detail along the arc on the front, do you think this will be added along the sides so the building has the same style as studio one? At the moment the sides are very plain

mehdi5

I like the blue can't wait for the finished attractiom but i'm curious how the ride inside would look like

Kristof

Construction has started on the covered queue area:

Anthony

Well, gutters are up on both sides of the building and the STT side (Costuming building) is about 2/3 painted... exciting, eh?  :wink:

Anthony

The front is finished, scaffolding is down:

Kristof

The overall look of Toon Studio looks quite good.  Thanks for the pictures.  :D

The Butlin Boy

:o WOW that looks fantastic!