Crush's Coaster

Started by Anthony, July 18, 2006, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

Seems DLRP have been quick to launch their first "key visual" of this attraction already:

Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

The Butlin Boy

Turtley cool dudes! :wink:
Why is there a picture of the castle in the background when it's in the studios?

The Butlin Boy

Latest photos of the Crush building:

http://disneymagicinteractive.com/forum ... 7213#27213

The Butlin Boy

Dlrpfan

WOW really looks like a Studio building!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Seems DLRP have been quick to launch their first "key visual" of this attraction already:

Bleurgh... is that the best they can do?  People will think it's a Vekoma Corkscrew with a visual like that.  The castle is out of place too.

Construction of the actual attraction is going great, I'm very very pleased with what I see.  The blue rocks and the curved roof are perfect, definitely take it a big step closer to Disney quality. :D

Edit: Oh, and the new logo is HORRIBLE!  But maybe I'm just grumbly tonight...

Tron 2.0

Quote from: "Baloo"Bleurgh... is that the best they can do?  People will think it's a Vekoma Corkscrew with a visual like that.  The castle is out of place too.
I'm going to go ahead and call bullshit on the art. I think it's a definite photoshop job.

--Mark
3 ... 6 ... 9 ... Seconds Of Light ...

Kristof

Good news from http://www.wdsfans.com

Quote from: "WDSfans.com"A WDS Cast Member friend informed us that today a "5" in the Disney typography was added to the Crush's Coaster show building. There are no photos yet, but keep an eye out on this website for updates soon.

Anthony

Oooo, so it *WILL* be in the Disney font?  Interesting... I hope it looks a bit better than on that concept model.

I guess they'll change Animagique sometime then?

The Butlin Boy

You can just-about make out the 5 in this pic:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actu_placemaking_dis ... s_820.html

Maarten

Great, thanks for sharing. Personally, I'm not blown away with the Walt Disney-font being used at Studio 5. But on the other hand, if they change Studio 3 with the same font, it may work. At least it gives the area a more toony feel over it, and it seperetes it a little bit more from Production Courtyard for example.

This is a pic I found on the internet, made by TDLFAN over at The Living Seas at Epcot...

//http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32307844&sp=25

"New "The Seas" sign on the rockwork in front of The Living Seas can be partially seen. Look to the left and you can see one of the famous AA seagulls from "Finding Nemo", perched on the rocks... I beleive they will be entertaining guests with their "mine! mine! mine!" banter."

With Disney's tradition copying and cost cutting, wouldn't it be great to have some of these same seagulls at the entrance (or at the queue) of Crush's Coaster?!  8)

Kristof

We are supposed to get the seaguls on the controlboot inside the attraction.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"We are supposed to get the seaguls on the controlboot inside the attraction.

Ah okay, thanks. I can't wait!

Kristof

There used to be a concept art around the net showing the controlboot, but I can't seem to find it anymore.  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"Great, thanks for sharing. Personally, I'm not blown away with the Walt Disney-font being used at Studio 5. But on the other hand, if they change Studio 3 with the same font, it may work. At least it gives the area a more toony feel over it, and it seperetes it a little bit more from Production Courtyard for example.
I'm not blown away with the Impact-style font used on the other buildings either, so like you said at least things brings some variety.  It also makes sense more because of Backlot having its own numbers.  Now, we can split the park into three areas: Toon Studio, Hollywood Studio (with Studio1) and Backlot.  Works nicely.

The number looks better than I expected actually, though that judgement is made looking at it through scaffolding...  :wink:

Btw, I'm happy we'll get the AA gulls, but should we actually be *that* happy that they'll be in the queue line? :lol:

Edit: Come to think of it, the control booth is at the boarding area, so it doesn't matter...