Disney Showtime Spectacular (2010)

Started by Poppy The Monkey, February 03, 2010, 12:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

15MagicalYears

I'm guessing you were picking up on her accent? She dind't speak enough for me to get a grasp of it but it sure didn't sound southern.

dlrpmad

hehe, a non-southern Tiana!! I really want to go to DLRP now because of this show, it just looks and feels 10x better than Its party time. Keep up the good work, Disney!!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Jens

That really suprises me that they let that Tiana out for meet & greets then. Ok, put her in the show when you have no other option, but let her leave after the show so she is not confronted with guests? I also think she is white wearing make-up, looking at her hands (gloves) and non-african shaped face?

But other than that, this show looks amazing! Finally a show centered on the characters again and not some multilangual person that is desperately trying to run the show...

littlemermaid83

Amazing show, also not impressed with the people they picked for Tiana....she is not going to fool my daughter at all.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

filipv

Video pers evenement Disney Show Spectacular online
http://vimeo.com/10498339

davewasbaloo

Thanks for this guys. Not bad, a little better than last year's effort. But am I the only one who would prefer the money be put into a proper show in the Chapperelle or Videopolis?
since 2001 (many before that)

dagobert

I was never a fan of shows on Central Plaza. In my opinion Central Plaza should belong to the Partners statue. I also didn't like the previous shows on CP, but this one looks really good. Hopefully Disney will put shows to the Chaperelle and Videopolis stages again.

Soap

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Thanks for this guys. Not bad, a little better than last year's effort. But am I the only one who would prefer the money be put into a proper show in the Chapperelle or Videopolis?

You are absolutely right, but well it's at least a proper show! :)
And hopefully this translates down to the daily show and new stuff.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

15MagicalYears

Can anyone clear up how Mike&Boo get on stage? I'm totally confused :?:

Also I feel that the stage (althought looking great full of characters rather than dancers) feels kinda empty?
I love the flags at the Princess Tianna section, it would be awesome and in my eyes fill the stage more and make it a real spectacle if there were some sort of banner flagpole to give the performance some height?

littlemermaid83

I guess the only thing i don't like about the show is that most of the action is at the front part of the stage facing the DLH, unlike last year where it didn't matter where you stood.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

dlrpkris

I must admit I was half expecting these coloured fabric things for the actual finale:

"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

15MagicalYears

I think for Dlp to make progress and make this type of show better it has to have a substance or story line.
Just now the past few shows have been a collection of characters dancing. They've prooved they know how to put on a good show, they included new music, more characters and costume changes. All we need now is a storyline to these shows.

dlrpkris

I notice Prince Naveen makes a slightly different entrance in this video. Not sure why or exactly how. That lift does usually seem a little slow compared to the similar track doors in Fantasmic or Tokyo's stage shows for sure. The rest of the recording (or associated clips) show the lift working at normal speed however.

[youtube:1x9wukl1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQnWlqLeskw[/youtube:1x9wukl1]
Uploaded by mirdaishan on YouTube

Ideas anyone? I know Mickey tends to crouch down or stand up to make the transition a little quicker/smoother... but this?
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Kristof

The soundtrack has been altered slightly; the laugh and applause tracks have been removed.

15MagicalYears

That's funny, I remember watching the very first videos of it and being like - "The crowd is very enthusiastic" :lol:
Well, now I know :)