Princess Tiana meet 'n' greet

Started by littlemermaid83, September 30, 2009, 10:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlemermaid83

I have never had a problem with CMs taking pics for me, I'm a single parent and its the only way i can get pics with me and my daughter.

I was hoping the Tiana meet and greet would be a photospot where we can buy photos after but oh well, least we can take photos. :thumbs:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Poppy The Monkey

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.... but for the halloween season Dr Facilier will be sharing the photo location with Tiana and Naveen!!

So 30 mins with Tiana and Naveen followed by 30 mins with Facilier! He will also be in the "new-look" Halloween post-parade!

Kristof

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"Don't know if this has been mentioned before.... but for the halloween season Dr Facilier will be sharing the photo location with Tiana and Naveen!!

So 30 mins with Tiana and Naveen followed by 30 mins with Facilier! He will also be in the "new-look" Halloween post-parade!

Great! Thanks for sharing!  :thumbs:

littlemermaid83

Well I now have one child who will not queue up to see Tiana if Dr Facilier is there, she is petrified of him.

Can't they do his meet and greet after Tiana has done her 3 daily ones because I will have one crying child if we get to the front of the meet and Tiana goes off for a break and out comes "mr scary man" (what DD calls him).

Great that we get a new character but FAIL if they mix him in with the Tiana meet.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

scampbunny

have to agree on mixing the meet - all the girls will be wanting a princess meet, not a scary meet - its ok mixing princesses on the castle stage, but not a princess and a 'baddie'.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm - but good in that its another character out for halloween!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights  June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights

tubbsy

Poppys comment says 30 mins with Tiana then 30 mins with Facilier, so fingers crossed there'll only be a few minutes overlap.
Not going Halloween but I'd be interested to see how he will look as hes pretty scarey on the screen.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

15MagicalYears

I personally think he should be in a completely different location. It's two very different groups of people who would want to meet each character.

_Natalie_x

Oh you lot are so critical of those photos ! They are lovely :) especially the one of Tiana looking out of the window. :D
I love the Princess one it makes me feel dead happy ! Even though im abit annoyed that Aurora isn't in pink!!! I stand by the theory that the book closed when she was in pink so she should always been seen in pink! :P hehehehe

ever so excited to go to DLP soon and meet Tiana... and hopefully dr facilier..!! Although at 17.. he still scares the heck out of me ! :lol:

<3 Natalie
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "never2old"I've had CM taking pictures of us with a character before, I'm sure.

Very strange!

When I queued with my son to see mickey mouse it was just the two of us and when i had taken a couple of photos Mickey actually took my camera off me and gave it to the cast member and gestured to her to take a photo of us together :D
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

_Natalie_x

In 2008, while waiting for pictures with Aladdin and Jasmine.. a cast member called Daniel came up to us and asked if he wanted to take a picture for us :D  im still amazed how he knew we were english straight away to be honest but ahh well the magic continues ! He was lovely and we didn't have to ask.. i think all CM ive encountered are like this too.. I think whoever found the Cm who wouldn't take a picture.. unlucky day!! :) Loll xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Dorsetcandy

The meet and greet is among one of the most orderly in the park,although do expect a fair wait to meet Tiana and Naveen,my daughter Rhianna was thrilled to meet them,she was in her Tiana costume & they took time to talk to her and pose for photos and sign her autograph book as they did with every other person young and old we saw them with!
 The cm's did a great job of stopping the que jumpers which i must say was nice to see & it made for a much better experience than some of the scrums we had seen,which i didn't want my children to be a part of even if they did protest!My advice would be get to the Town Square in plenty of time(we got there 20mins before Tiana was due to arrive and only just got in the first group to see her),send anyone not interested in meeting them off to do something else,but to get such good interaction with some of our favourite characters was well worth the wait a chat with them & a kiss & a hug is much better than just a brief photo opportunity which is all we got with some!
 I will try & post a pic for you all to see!

_Natalie_x

Aw thats lovely to hear !! And the picture is beautiful :)  Were the CMs French/English or anything else? Lol xxx
Here we are... <3[/b]

littlemermaid83

Awwww thanks for sharing.

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Aw thats lovely to hear !! And the picture is beautiful :)  Were the CMs French/English or anything else? Lol xxx
Thanks i think the pic is one of my favourites of the whole trip,i think there was a mix of nationalities among the cms taking control of procedings there were about 4present plus one who walked over with Tiana,there was one in particular who seemed to speak English,French & Spainish going up and done the line and keeping her eye out for anyone trying to slip through,at one point even running down the line and stopping someone who had sneaked in the exit to ask for an autograph,she was then backed up by the cm who was on that post,i wish i had caught her name on her badge as she went by as she did an excellant job which was a pleasure to see after noticing quite a few cms don't seem to notice/turn a blind eye i would definately be recommending her for a cast award  :D

Dorsetcandy

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"Awwww thanks for sharing.
It's nice to share my pics with others it was our first trip to dlrp and i'm doing my first trip report at the moment really enjoying doing it and great sharing with like minded people  :thumbs: