Eurostar — questions and travel updates

Started by Anthony, June 10, 2006, 07:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

2016 dates released today - up to beginning of May from what I can see.  Ours were available (including the Thursday as it's half term) and had gone up £24 in total for 3 tickets since our 2014 booking.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

kadypants

Any ideas when Eurostar will release tickets and timetables for next October?
DLP - 2001, 2003 & 2010
WDW - August 2013

stifle

Quote from: kadypants on August 20, 2015, 11:01:51 PM
Any ideas when Eurostar will release tickets and timetables for next October?

Why not just pick up the phone to Eurostar?

PrincessRosie

Hi :) I'm taking my two daughters to Disney land next September and I'm just wondering if anyone knows of it would be cheaper to go by eurostar or plane? I'm trying to save some money and I want to find the cheapest way to travel. Thank you in advance xx

stifle

Where are you starting from, what are your exact dates, and what ages are the children?

traineefairygodmother

Usually budget flights for us are cheaper than Eurostar but then you have to factor in the shuttle bus from the airport ; it is much less hassle and time consuming by train so now we tend to opt for that.

haribosmum

I find the train so easy that I wouldn't consider flying, even though it's closer for us to fly to Stansted or southend than to get to ebbsfleet.  The earlier you can book Eurostar or flights the better.  factor in cost of travel either end, car parking at airport/station etc. 
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

stifle

Just a reminder that UK Border Force does not maintain passport checking facilities at Marne-la-Vallée so you need to clear passport control on arrival if you choose to take the Disney Express back. If you're getting off at Ashford International or Ebbsfleet International this is pretty acute as there are normally only two officers checking passports and if you're far from the exit you could be waiting quite a while.

Consider going back with a change at Lille-Europe, where you can clear UK passport control before boarding the train. Plus you get an extra hour or two in the parks if you take the last train.

DisneyEverywhere

So we are visiting Disneyland Paris (again!) in September and for the first time, it looks like we will not be getting the train direct (£94.00 one way? Ew!)

The other half does not like flying so I guess that leaves us with the Eurostar to Paris and change.

Now, trains to Paris are not yet available to book on the website but I just wanted to ask your advice:

Would it be that much cheaper to take the train to Paris and change or should we just suck it up and take the direct train? I guess the perk of the Paris train is there are more trains so more time in the park (yippee!) but the direct train is just super convenient.

I think Eurostar had a deal last year where trains to Paris in September were on offer but can't exactly remember.

Any thoughts much appreciated!

15stitch

You can get a train to Lille and then get the TGV train from there to Disney.  You only have to wait about 25 mins I think and its really easy.  I think this is the option recommend by Disney when there are no direct trains running.
1995 WDW (offsite)
1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
2001 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2002 DLP (Hotel New York)
2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2004 WDW (offsite)
2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2006 WDW (Grand Floridian)
2007 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)
2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York)
May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club)
December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge)
April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne)

dencarter

Has anyone done DLP from London by train as a day trip? My partner and I usually visit for a few days at a time, but we're thinking about getting an annual pass and whether a Sunday day trip is practical. The main reason we'd like to know is Sunday is the one day of the week neither of us works, so it'd be great if we could get some Disney time without having to book time off!

I ask because if, for example, I wanted to get the Disney Express train, it arrives at MLV at about 14:00, and then we'd need to check back in for the return journey about two hours later. Not at all practical!

On the Eurostar website, even if I such for indirect services via Lille, the results are no more favourable than the 2 hours of park time we'd get via the Disney Express!

Now, another option I'm researching - which you can't book in one ticket via Eurostar - is to get the first train to Paris Gare du Nord, arriving just before midday, jumping on the RER, arriving MLV about 13:00, then departing again about 19:00 to get the 21:13 (last) Eurostar back to London. A lot of effort for a six hour visit!

Does anyone have any experience of this, or, indeed, another way to do a rail day trip from London?

stifle

As you've already discovered, it's pretty impractical. I have done it by air, using the TGV's nine-minute service from CDG airport, but it's a really long day and you take another two days recovering.

DOELI70

Hi,

I've just booked indirect Eurostar from London to DLP via Lille. I'm now worrying as there is only 25 minutes between arriving in Lille and departing for DLP. Is this enough time? I would hate to miss the train especially on the way home as we are on the last train departing for London from Lille.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I have done the trip before but there was a two hour gap between trains.

stifle

The change at Lille on the way out is literally across the platform. You could do it in 25 seconds, never mind 25 minutes.

On the way back you need a little more time because you have to clear passport control and security at Lille, but I've done a 33-minute connection without issues.

naisworld

We usually get Eurostar direct but have just booked for January changing at Lille. We have approx a 90 minute wait for our train to Disney. Are there any cafes, restaurants or shops at Lille station? We will be travelling with 2 children so want to stop them getting bored!! :)