Not happy at all at 'wake up call' change....

Started by Martyn, January 30, 2010, 12:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

So what the hell happened to Goofy waking up in your hotel room?

That had to be one of the best 'little' touches ever, that is what Disney is all about, but now Goofy's gone and its the talking clock lady, how magical....

Seriously, I am so annoyed at this. Its the little things like this that make Disney so special, so why on earth are they removing this little things?

pussinboots

I had no idea this existed, but I can imagine why you're upset. That is stupid.

Aveen2008

aww noooo, I don't like goofy but i always laughed at the funny way he said "Rise and shine!!" :(
Luv Aveen xoxo

Anthony

Well that's a strange decision...

How long has this been gone, anyone know?

littlemermaid83

At least your alarm worked  :roll:
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

mommy2ash

how long have they been gone? i used it in november my little girl loves goofy waking her up
Santa Fe Oct 08
Santa Fe Feb 09
Santa Fe/Sequioa Lodge Nov 09

Owain

January 4th 2010 - We had a wake up call for 6am, phone rang...... nothing. No answer  :(

Aveen2008

sooooo.... instead of making it a more magical disney experience they have decided to make it worse :roll:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Martyn

Goofy always woke me up on all my visits, until now. My Jan09 trip he was there, but not my Jan10 trip.

So has he been taken off on all hotels then?

HelygenC

I was just there a couple of days ago and its now Mickey Mouse waking people up so they've just changed the character it seems

_Natalie_x

Wow I didn't even know that was a quirk at Disney.. if I knew I would have requested a wake up call every morning !! :(   In the future definitely ;)x
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

carrydee38

same here guess what i will be waking up to next time I go.....never knew that existed

Disneyland Paris Treasures

We only ever had the Goofy wake up call at the Disneyland Hotel, never at the other Disney Hotels. And the last time (January 2010) it was gone there too.

@Martyn: at what hotel(s) did you get the Goofy wake up call? @HelygenC, at what hotel did you have the Mickey wake up call?

By the way, I have a mild ocd that forces me to try collect, photograph and record everything related to Disneyland Paris. So, of course I have that Goofy wake up call: http://www.filesavr.com/IPFrH9vG  :-"

Aveen2008

Quote from: "HelygenC"I was just there a couple of days ago and its now Mickey Mouse waking people up so they've just changed the character it seems

phew!  :thumbs:
Luv Aveen xoxo

Martyn

Nicolai, Goofy had always woke me up  at the Seqouia and Hotel New York. Never stayed in any other hotel.

QuoteI was just there a couple of days ago and its now Mickey Mouse waking people up so they've just changed the character it seems

Thats great news, but what hotel was that Helygenc?