Captain Hook's Pirate Ship - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Anthony, January 27, 2010, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh

It seems like it. :P And I suppose it makes sense. They'd have to start now if they plan on making big changes.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lil-shawn

Quote from: "peter"are they doing refurbs for everything leading up to the 20th?

Oh for everything they don´t have the time and as someone say the money. remember they spending
a lot in the new themed year and photolocations.

QuoteIt seems like it.  And I suppose it makes sense. They'd have to start now if they plan on making big changes

I don´t think so, there is still a lot to do in this park, yeah now they do the Castle and the fantasyland floor, then the pirate ship, great, but whats with the rest of the park?

don´t get me wrong, its great they do this, but it comes a bit late....

Riebi

Isn´t it a shame, that the ship hasn´t get his refurb yet? It looked horrible in 2007, it looked sad in 2008 and in 2009, 2010 and 2011 it looked simply disgusting. And we don´t talk about a dark corner like a former fantasyland skyway station at DL C. It´s the centerpiece of the pirate area.

They should better start sooner then later. Wasn´t the start date 1. 02? Were are the workers?
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

littlemermaid83

That photo is shocking!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

peter

Quote from: "Nicolai"
Quote from: "peter"is it going to look cheesy, or will it have elegance. eurodisney changes it to tack fest

Sorry, do not get you, mind to elaborate in detail?

i meant will it become some really obviously fake thing, or will it be the backdrop for a cart thing full of hats

DopeyDad

Bump......... :-"

anyone seen any progress at all on this yet?

Tuvok

The refurb (or more acurate: the replacement) will begin from mid April and will be completed in september. The whole ship will be replaced by a brand new one built with more enduring materials to handle Paris's weather conditions.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

DopeyDad

It's odd but I'm even excited by the idea of them taking the old ship down. To me, that ship is so integral to a DLP holiday and I would often just enjoy finding different views from which to look at it. That's why in it's current disrepair I'll happily wait a few months with no ship to see it back to it's glory.

davewasbaloo

As long as it comes back. When I was a kid, we had one in Fantasyland in Disneyland. It then disappeared during the remodel of Fantasyland in 1981/2, they were supposed to have it, but it was dropped by accident and never came back. That is why I was so overjoyed to see it in DLP in 1992. But yes, it needs some major TLC - could have been avoided with regular maintenance.
since 2001 (many before that)

luke85

Cannot wait to see a pristine looking ship once more in Adventureland!

DopeyDad

1st Feb, then mid April...both come and gone.....when will work start on this?
This is easily the refurb I'm most excited about and a chance for DLP to do things right, c'mon already!

Patrick

I personally place my bet on later this week or next week, one major reason I can understand why they have not begun is the small matter of Easter weekend.  I suspect they wanted some of the park to look normal during this busy weekend, but with the kids returning to school next week hopefully it will begin then.

Josh

Maybe this is one of the main factors for why the princesses and pirates party was cancelled: because of the refurb being postponed. Hopefully it will start soon.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

DopeyDad

Beginning of May, now gone too!
Will they really refrub something like this over peak season? It's so prominent in the the area the visual impact will be significant. I'm starting to wonder if this won't be delayed until after Summer. Which would be a downer as we plan to go for Halloween again this year and I was really looking forward to seeing a nice new 'shiny' ship.
What do you think?

peter

InsideDLParis has said that the water level is being lowered