Captain Hook's Pirate Ship - 2011 refurbishment

Started by Anthony, January 27, 2010, 09:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "Kristof"The refurbishment teams are replacing all wooden elements on façades and attractions that are extremely exposed to weather and water by resin (which can deal with all of these elements).  So that's why they're replacing the entire ship. :-)

Are there already attractions that use this material? What exactly is resin? Is it like the material that was used at WDW for the castle and the Main Street buildings? Will the ship still look natural?

So it seems there will be no Balck Pearl in Adventureland when Disney is just replacing the wooden elements of the ship.

DisneyBud

I wouldn't mind seeing a Black Pearl replica, as it would be something unique to Disneyland, and while I agree it wouldn't fit with skull rock, we are made to suspend our belief throughout the parks. Having said that, I would equally welcome the return of the Galley, and isn't there a new Peter Pan happening next year? Maybe it will be similar to the Peter Pan show from a few years ago.

never2old

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"I believe the transition is there on the Pinocchio side too, with the covered seating area of Au Chalet de la Marionnette representing Gepettos ship destroyed by Monstro?

Yes, you're right, on the Fantasyland side of the restaurant you have the cute side of the Chalet de la Marionette, with the Pinocchio murals and the bright colours, and on the Adventureland side you have Monstro's belly and what remains of the Gepetto's ship wreck, with the barrels, broken sails... It's really well done.

jaxhell

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean varius, enim id vehicula malesuada, libero metus eleifend dui, non pulvinar elit turpis eu turpis. Sed egestas lacus ac magna bibendum nec rhoncus lectus feugiat. Quisque mattis, libero et consequat hendrerit, nisl metus vulputate lacus, ac vulputate risus sem vel risus. Curabitur id aliquam massa. Integer id odio velit. Aliquam bibendum sollicitudin laoreet. Sed a enim id odio egestas adipiscing. Suspendisse malesuada metus quis magna consequat ac tincidunt quam ultrices. Nulla porttitor, erat ac sodales ullamcorper, mi quam rutrum tellus, vitae fermentum dolor mi id diam.

claire2281

Quote from: "Kristof"The refurbishment teams are replacing all wooden elements on façades and attractions that are extremely exposed to weather and water by resin (which can deal with all of these elements).  So that's why they're replacing the entire ship. :-)

That makes a lot of sense. The problem of the weather and water isn't exactly going to go away so far better to come up with a more permanent solution than have to keep repairing it.
My Trips:
03/2009 DCR -- 07/2009 DLH -- 03/2010 Cheyenne -- 07/2010  DLH -- 12/2010 SL -- 03/2011  Cheyenne -- 08/2011 NBC -- 12/2012 HNY -- 03/2013  Cheyenne - 12/2014 SL -- 03/2016 Cheyenne -- 07/2017  Cheyenne - 12/2017 SL - 08/18 - Cheyenne - 12/2018 NBC - 07/2019 Cheyenne

RichardvG

Works starts 1st. Feb. I wonder: will they be ready on february 27th when I visit??    :-k

never2old

Quote from: "RichardvG"Works starts 1st. Feb. I wonder: will they be ready on february 27th when I visit??    :-k

Unless there's been a huge change, it won't... Kristof posted this back in July:

Quote from: "Kristof"I'm sure everyone will be pleased to hear a refurb is planned from 1 February until 31 May 2011.  :thumbs:

Though if they're completely building a new one, it's not surprising they need a few months!

DopeyDad

Anyone seen any change?

peter

is it going to look cheesy, or will it have elegance. eurodisney changes it to tack fest

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "peter"is it going to look cheesy, or will it have elegance. eurodisney changes it to tack fest

Sorry, do not get you, mind to elaborate in detail?

Martyn

No change Dopey. I was there last week and it looked ridiculous.

dagobert

Sandman over at Disneycentralplaza has posted this picture:

http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... nt-en-2011

When does the refurbishment actually start? The ship looks terrible.

MattyD24

the sooner the better in my opinion...

Disneyland Paris
Disney\'s Hotel Santa Fe 1996, 1999, 2005
Davy Crockett Ranch 2011?

Walt Disney World Resort Florida
Off-Site 2002, 2008

Martyn

That is really, really bad by a small parks standards, let alone Disney.

peter

are they doing refurbs for everything leading up to the 20th?