Fantasmic rumour

Started by Magicboy, January 20, 2010, 08:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Thanks for the link. I really want to see that show in Paris. It looks so great, but I can't imagine seeing WoC in the next ten years at WDS.

Martyn

Anyone else agree that Animagique should get replaced? Its been around for 8 years now. Does Disney normally keep the same show for such a long time?

Dont get me wrong, I do like it, but the thing that seperates DLP from other resorts is their shows, and I think they could have a much better, more spectacular show instead of Animagique.

britincgn

I think Fantasmic is one of the best Disney shows up to date,perhapos it only needs to be updated and use the new projections etc as now to be used in WOC.Also the Anaheim version is a lot better than the one at WDW but I still think they are both top atractions.The only problem I see is that it uses lots of actors and it seems DLP is always trying to save money using less actors or closing shows with actors.

ed-uk

I think Fantasmic would be great. But they could only have it on in the summer because the rest of the year the weather could be bad. Would that make it too expensive to stage. Or have I got that all wrong? The weather is better in Florida and California for most of the year.
Ed & David

CafeFantasia

Speaking of Fantasmic, did you know that Disneyland Paris used the beginning and end of the Fantasmic soundtrack for their Saint David's Day fireworks in 2009? It's news to me. It's weird hearing that music in France, but it's certainly magical and really enhances the display:

[youtube:ibdvwoa4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIDVxJ_8oA[/youtube:ibdvwoa4]

Elwell2009

Yes its been using fantasmic for St Davids day for a few years now.

JelleP

That's new for me, but I think the music choice is great! :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

dlrpkris

Off topic, but that display is really well choreographed. Just shows how important music is when making Disney entertainment.

I feel a World of Color 'lite' edition is likely. All the projections and music would be so easy to replicate and somehow I feel sure DLP would skip any fire, water or pyro. The music itself is likely to be amazing, but we always seem to get all the good stuff from other resorts... but not in its full format :(
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

stevo505

I would actually like to see a variation of World of Color since a version of Fantasmic is already headed for Tokyo.  Either show would undoubtedly help though!

Lorum

World of Color in California, Fantasmic! all over the world, and Paris... wanting God to do something with the unpopular Disneyland Paris' nighttime entertainment.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"