Tinkerbell removed from top of the Castle!

Started by never2old, January 13, 2010, 09:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

never2old

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but when I was there this past weekend, I noticed that Tinkerbell was completely gone from the top of the Castle! Hopefully she'll be gone for good -  I didn't mind her too much up there (particularly compared to all those terrible Mickey decorations), but I have to say, it looks better without here there...

I'll post some pictures later.

Anthony

I split your post, this is worth a topic on its own! :)

Annet

I liked Tink actually.
I do hate the MMP decorations, really looking forward to seeing the castle without those on my next trip.
Hope they'll get them down as soon as march 7th has passed :P

never2old

Here are some pictures (weather was very dull and grey, I'll try to lighten these up later)

EDIT: I've lightened the pictures a bit...

Kristof

They took her down last year as well much to our delight, only to have her back refurbished.  Didn't her head fall off?

Oooooh, notice the thin wires in the orb thing to prevent birds making nests in it again.

dagobert

I didn't mind Tinkerbell on the castle, but I really want to see the castle in its old glory, especially without this ugly thing with Mickey, Donald and Goofy above the castle entrance.

luke85

Quote from: "Kristof"Oooooh, notice the thin wires in the orb thing to prevent birds making nests in it again.

Ahh I think that's really cute, if I was a bird I'd make my nest there!

This is the start of good things in my opinion! The sooner the castle is stripped down to it's original state the better! :D

bensmum

I hate to admit this but I like all the decorations. I know as a newcomer to Disney I have only seen the Castle as it is now so don't have anything to compare it with but it will always be an lovely reminder of my first trip.Ben loves to see Mikey and the others up high when we walk towards the castle and he'll miss it when they are gone.

-breeno-

I wonder will this be gone for good.  Hopefully it will be, even though i didn't really mind tinkerbell being there as it wasn't as easy to notice as the 15th characters or the mickeys it just wasn't how the castle was originally intended to look, so it needs to go.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Anthony

Thanks for the pictures never2old.

If it is gone, then hopefully the piping leading up to it will also be taken down soon - including the section which spirals up the top spire. Kristof is right not to expect it/her be gone for good just yet, but the confetti effect isn't being used at the moment, Tink has no connection to the final 2 months of MMP... There's not really any need for her to be there.

By the way, my imagination or have some of the plants now disappeared again from the balcony on the left?

dagobert

I think that Tinkerbell will return, because the pipe for the confetti is still there and there is no reason for leaving the pipe still on the spire. And why should they remove all the stuff in parts?

guest3362

Tinkerbell is back. This photo was taken by me last wesnesday

luke85

Quote from: "jmdmadail"Tinkerbell is back. This photo was taken by me last wesnesday

oh cr*p.

dagobert

I don't mind Tinkerbell, but please remove Mickey, Donald and Goofy!!! They shouldn't be on the castle.

luke85

They just need to take everything off the castle now, it's getting really silly. It doesn't need plasticky/gold additions, they don't look good.