Any forum members work for the Disney Store UK ?

Started by Owain, December 23, 2009, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

:)

The reason i am asking is that i really want to work at the disney store and when i enquired about a job, the CM told me to come back at the end of january and apply.

So i wanted to know before i do;

1. How old do you have to be ? Im 16 still, but 17 in February.
2. What do they want to see on there application forms, good work ethic or just how much you love disney ? Ive been told not to write about how much of a fan you are because your less likely to get an interview ? ( I dont know how true that is )
3. What is it like working there ?

smurfy74

I have a friend who works for Disney store UK, and i havent spoke to her in a few days, so i cant help with question 1, but as for numner 3 - she loves it loads and so does her daughter who works there too. And loving the product you are selling definately helps as long as its balanced with good work ethic. The fact you are a fan of something should stand you in good stead as it makes more sense to employ a fan than someone else who just wants a job. I work in retail ( not Disney - im afraid ) and want people with a love for what they sell!! not just another teenager that could be applying for any store. Mesamune on here got a job a while back at gamestation ( dont know if you are still there ? :D ?) but i bet it was her passion for games that made her stand out. I wish you all the best keep us updated please.