Another late trip report

Started by Clarebelle, December 05, 2009, 10:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarebelle

So its nearly a month since we went, and I still havent got around to doing this  :oops: I am really bad at TR I know I know.

It will be mainly photos with little narration I'm afraid. but here it goes...

Date: Sat 7th November:

Running majorly late and still [strike:2bcft8p9]packing[/strike:2bcft8p9] throwing things into a rather large and heavy suitcase, got the train to London King's Cross then navigated the tube with said large and heavy suitcase and smaller precious suitcase with Wall-e in (my macbook) to Liverpool Steet Station to meet Chris' younger sister who was traveling up to meet us from university in Chelmsford.

I bought travel cards for us all while Chris and Sammy tried to find each other  :roll: then we u turned and headed back to Kings Cross to check into our travelodge and get rid of our luggage, we got to our room (Chris' sister very impressed with the room key, we let her play for a while, unlocking the room door, corridor door, and the elavator).  I put my phone and the cameras on charge, and then we headed out again.

First stop was Covent Garden to pick up the new UK pin releases.

We put a star on the Christmas tree for Great Ormond street hospital

Street "magician" eating a balloon.

Now people were getting hungry so off to ...

we got drinks at the bar, while waiting an hour and a half for a table

16 was Sammy's birthdate, so she took a photo

We finally got a table, Chris and Sammy had burgers, I had twisted mac and cheese. we were all too full for desert so decided to take a walk over to the vault and shop.

We ended the day with a quick trip to Trafalgar before taking Sammy back to Liverpool Street to get her train back to Chelmsford.

Me and Chris went back to the travelodge to relax before the journey, and reorganize the suitcases (and the pins)

The purchases

The Traders

My LE lanyard

Chris' LE lanyard

our core/non-UK LE traders

Spares

and 2 to wear

Next day DISNEYLAND!!
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]

bigrossco

some great pics there!  and great pins!

Cant wait to see your pics from DLP :) x
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Aveen2008

Cant wait to read more, great so far!! is that you beside the christmas tree or chris' sister? :D
Luv Aveen xoxo

Clarebelle

8th November 2009
Disneyland!!!!

Arrived at DLP walked to NPBC to check in, our room wasnt ready yet but they told us we were getting a balcony room!!! the concierge took our bags and they gave us our tickets so we could go into the park, I unpacked our lanyards and my AP, Chris' shareholders and off we went!
We did disneyland park first, first stop was Harington's where we were mobbed by CM's trying to see our UK pins! we were actually turning down trades, as we went to leave the shop the CM (Pin Trading) stopped us and asked us if we would like to meet a man who had been pin trading a long time and that he would like to meet us/see our pins, so we went back to the desk were a CM cleared it of merchandise so we could look at the pin book, we stood there and flicked through the book, while the CM tried to phone her colleague with the pin board, and even tried to get it back to DLP! we traded for 3 pins

We thanked the man and headed out towards the arcade where we were told more pin traders would be.

Chris traded outside with one lady for CM 1 year mickey mouse pin.

The pin traders were definatly excited to see so many UK LEs. people were looking at us like  :shock:  :o and they were all talking to us, it was a bit scary but they were all super nice and friendly, and i was sad I didnt want to trade with them all.

We did POTC before walking back to Newport bay to get our room card and have a look at our room! I was so excited!!!

After exploring the hotel and freshening up we walked back to the park for a Toasted sandwhich at the Market House Deli (€10 for the sandwhich, a packed of crisps, cake and a coke, enough for both of us and a good deal we thought)

We knew the Pin Board would be back in the park at 6 so we hung around until then to have a look, they had put it outside which we thought was odd as there was no lighting and Chris had to use his iphone to see the pins. The pin traders were also there and all started to nudge each other when they saw us :oops: but there was nothing we liked the look off (they had obviously got the better ones off the board already). so we headed off early to get a spot for the Castle Lighting Ceremony.

By now it was freezing! so we did Snow White, Pinnoc, Peter Pan, IASW and POTC to stay out of the cold.

and now it was time for my favourite part of ever DLP holiday...

Rainforest Cafe!
We were seated straight away, ordering was easy as we both had our normal...

not forgetting ...

and for desert ...

lol

After dinner we stopped by the Disney Gallery Shop were our lanyard attracted more attention :oops: we picked out a few things that we wanted to buy, but those we would save for another day, it was time for bed so we walked back to the hotel, tucked ourselves into bed and watched the castle glisten on the horizon :D

Annet

Great report so far. I don't really get the pin trading system though, cause I don't have any myself, but it sounds like you were an attraction on itself :P

bigrossco

even more great pics, you always seem to have such amazing pics
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Aveen2008

another great installment, I only experienced a few hours of the adoration you get when you were limited edition pins on a lanyard...its embarressing but also makes you feel good hehe!

I only seen the board once and the pins were not good at all on it, I just about managed to trade2 core pins. I also seen it at the pin trading night and it wasn't much better then either unfortunately!

your photos are lovely! The hotel looks great, I have never stayed there yet!
Luv Aveen xoxo

The Butlin Boy

Fantastic report so far. I'm glad to see that you've all had a great time so far, and that your UK pins were well recieved :P

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest in the future :)

Belle's World

Clarebelle don't stop there i need to know more especially about pin trading night!

Clarebelle

There wasnt a pin trading night while we were there, sorry

Belle's World

Sorry my mistake still want to read the rest of your report especially anything to do with pin trading!
Ro