Earl of Sandwich in Disney Village (Now Open!)

Started by MagicKenny, December 11, 2009, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martyn

Them photo's look as if they were taking on Thursday 28th. It was the Friday that I saw the Diggers & gravel.

Kristof

Construction walls were down past weekend.

dagobert

This building looks really ugly from the back, so I'm glad that something new will be built there. When EoS is ready it will be the most beautiful bulding in DV.

Martyn

How odd. Maybe they were just repairing some groundwork? Did you look to see if they had infilled any of the lake?

Kristof

Quote from: "Martyn"How odd. Maybe they were just repairing some groundwork? Did you look to see if they had infilled any of the lake?

No, nothing had changed.  By the way, if you guys were referring to the big bags of sand in that second picture, those are actually used so that the fences don't fall over.

Reiana

Maybe they have just repainted the banister.

Martyn

I wouldn't have thought they'd do that if they'll be removing it in the near future.

QuoteBy the way, if you guys were referring to the big bags of sand in that second picture, those are actually used so that the fences don't fall over.

When I looked behind there, there were a couple of small diggers and large 'sacks' (the ones with the straps so fork lift trucks can move them) filled with gravel.

johnd331

Earl of Sandwich is coming, no doubt about it.

At the roundabout at the end of "Avenue Paul Seramy", there is the enterance for the backstage area of the Village. They post their permits back there.

This is one of them:

Enterprise: Earl of Sandwich au Disneyland Paris
No Permis de construire: 077 111 09 00005
Proprietaire: Disneyland Resort Paris
Date: 21 octobre 2009
Nature des travaux: Demolition partielle de la facade Est de Rainforest Cafe. Construction d'une sandwicherie.
Superficie de terrain: 499m2
Superficie hors oevre nette: 587m2
Hauteur de la construction: 14,92m
Mairie de CHESSY

I think that confirms the location and also gives an estimate about the size of the place.

Sorry for the missing accents, my keyboard isn't French-compliant :)

Kristof

There's finally movement on site: fixed construction fences were being installed today:

Photo by Mika on Disney Central Plaza

luke85

Very exciting to finally see some progress!

JelleP

It's indeed great to see some progress!
It's a great addition to the Disney Village :D
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Remco K.

As posted on Disney Central Plaza:

dagobert

It's great to see some progress. I love to see construction pictures. Does someone know when they want to open the new restaurant?

Martyn

Poor old Rainforest Cafe is right in the middle of 2 big construction projects!

I hope it doesn't get drowned by these new projects, I like the jungle exterior to RC!

Kristof

This has just been uploaded on the Disney Central Plaza facebook page.

:)