Buzz Lightyear's Pizza Planet Restaurant

Started by Anthony, December 07, 2009, 07:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CentralPlazaPerson

Could it have anything to do with Space Mountain being built? An adult could look after the child in Pizza Planet while the other rides space mountain and then switch about? Just a guess..

JelleP

That's the only thing I can thing of too, but I don't think I would mind if they brought it back :lol:
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Anthony

SO this buffet (Pictures: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9119)

Is this "it"? Did I miss something, the restaurant won't close and reopen in July after all?

Kristof

Nope, although it's still listed on the internal refurb schedule being closed.  I assume the bigger project was dropped.

BTW. price went up with 3 euro's, it's now 17.99 euro's for an adult.

Martyn

What a rip off! You can get better, cheaper meals in the Village at night! I'd never even think of spending that much during the day.

JelleP

I think DLP should not only be ashamed about the restaurant itself, but also about the price! How could they ever think about it to still ask money for something like this? And do they actually still promote this place as 'magical'? :')
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

smurfy74

ok thats a rip off - i was looking forward to eating here as it seemed good value but i would rather go the the Agrabah Cafe

JelleP

Quote from: "smurfy74"ok thats a rip off - i was looking forward to eating here as it seemed good value but i would rather go the the Agrabah Cafe
I've never been there, but I heard that the Agrabah Café is really good... :roll:

smurfy74

ive eaten a pizza planet loads before as it was quiet and the character meet and greets were well organised and i loved the old pizza burger but im not too sure if it will get my custom going forward

Martyn

I've eaten there lots too! Love the Pizza burger they used to do, guess thats off the menu now!

That pic show that it doesn't even look like Pizza Planet! I am bitterly disappointed!

Snow_White_Girl

Quote from: "smurfy74"I'd eat here over Colonel Haitis or Bella Notte or Chalet de la Marionette.
Do not get me started on Chalet de la Marionette!! I'd tear that place down based on the quality of the food alone!  :lol:

Is it bad that I didn't even realise Pizza Planet was there?!?! LOL!.. I have to say it's terrible to expect people to pay €17.99 for a meal during the day - I'm happy to pay it at night in the Village at somewhere like Cafe Mickey, PH or Rainforest Cafe, but not in places like Pizza Planet; cos to me they're like glorified McDonalds or Pizza Huts! ;)

\":lamp:\"

tubbsy

TBH we went in Pizza Planet once in 2002-queues were long and the place was .... well... firty. really put us off. I may have to take a peak but at that pirce????? I'm wondering if the price may drop back down as they dont get the bums on seats.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Martyn

Isn't the whole point of Dinsey adding things like Pizza Planet to recreate the 'magic' from the film?

Pizza Planet in Toy Story was a mega fun acarde/pizzaria that kids hung out at, not an over priced buffet with no atmosphere?

toritinker

After researching this place, I really don't think we will be eating here in August. At first I thought wow it's going to be so cool! but like you said Martyn, not at all what I expected!! Oh well, maybe the restaurant will have a few improvements before August...! x
Sante Fe - December 2008
Radisson Blu Disneyland Paris - August 2010

Dizzy Disney Mum

I have to saythat i agree with Martyn.
I was so excited about going in here on our first trip, because my daughter adored toy story at the time, but I was sooo dissapointed when we got there. I was expecting something like the restaurant in the film (yes, I know that sounds silly now, but I'd never been to a disney restaurant then you see!), but all we saw was a really untidy place, and cold, tough pizza! We have avoided it ever since.  :lol: