The Studios and Christmas

Started by pussinboots, October 10, 2009, 02:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Should I comment? Maybe reuse a quote...
Quote from: "pussinboots"They must have spent several euros on that.
But at least I can say: The location?! Are they trying to make it as hard they possibly can to see Stars 'n' Cars?

Maybe the tree will be in the gap between Café Cafés and the new TV Studios kiosk?

RnRCj

Those things were a huge eyesore last year during my visit - painting them white hasn't made them any better. ](*,)

Can't each of them at least have a bit of personality to them? My local kiddie fun park could do better than this.

pussinboots

Hell's bells. Maybe next year's addition on the road toward improvement will be the backstory of how Germany's least ambitious Weihnachtsmarkt ended up in Hollywood.

All I can think is that this would not fly over in Anaheim! It would not.

dagobert

Oh no! Why are they doing this? The Christmas market doesn't fit into the studios.

Willow

Here's a link showing some of Disney's Hollywood Studios' Xmas decorations...

Link

Maybe they aren't finished yet......? (I presume they are complete but I won't give up hope just yet)

ightenhill

Hollywood Studios always has pretty laid back decorations, remember the main event here at Christmas is the Osbourne lights..
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Reiana

Well, I think I have to wait till next monday. But I don't like what i see.  :?

Anthony

Here's that interview I promised: http://www.dlrpmagic.com/interviews/chr ... -director/

Waddi

I was there 8th-12th Nov, really enjoyed the little christmas touched that had been made in the studio, not too much to take away from the studios, no wow factor, but just enough in my opinion.

We also really liked the "Sheds", although the content of the shops gave a little to be desired but they were a nice touch anyway. As for them getting in the way for Stars in Cars, they didnt seem to, more in the way for the toon train, but again added a little holiday feel as the train passed through them.

Whats with all the negativity?

MagicKenny

Disney's Stars 'n' Cars with Christmas Music :)

[youtube:15zx3hui]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-Mtvxnwk-8[/youtube:15zx3hui]
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

Kinou

It's depresseing to see that the parade passed by in les than 2 minutes! While here in Florida, Block Party Bash, Jamming Jungle Parade, Spectromagic or the MK parades last so long and are so entertaining!
Hug it out bitch !

Waddi

Quote from: "Kinou"It's depresseing to see that the parade passed by in les than 2 minutes! While here in Florida, Block Party Bash, Jamming Jungle Parade, Spectromagic or the MK parades last so long and are so entertaining!

That is just the start of the Stars in cars Parade, the cars park up in a designated roped off area, the Characters disembark, and perform a stage show, aswell as interact with the crowd for photo and autograph oppurtunities. I prefer it alot more than the conventional floats go past parades.

Anthony

Pictures...
Quote from: "Kristof"New album added!

Walt Disney Studios Park Christmas 2009[/list]

davewasbaloo

Thanks for sharing. It is great to see a tree finally, but it is so plain. Hopefully things will get better next year.

The one thing DHS does do really well is Christmas, I would love for WDSP to follow suit.
    since 2001 (many before that)

pussinboots

Isn't that just the old tree? Or is it bigger? I can't quite tell.

Anyway, it's a waste of a tree. A supermarket comes to mind. And you don't put a tree in a bare place to add atmosphere. You put it somewhere where there already is atmosphere. They could have made it into a perfectly lovely 1930s-style tree and put it a few yards to the right. Maybe next year...