Pin Trading: Share Your Trades!

Started by Masamune, October 04, 2009, 10:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

simonandwendy626

Hi,Fly_ with_ me_ Dumbo :D
You're welcome. Right. Here goes. For a speed pin trading trip there are several places which can almost 99% of the time give good trades.
If you're staying inside the resort we've found the best hotel shops to hit for trading are Sequoia Lodge and DisneyLand hotel. Sequoia because in August they seem to concentrate the  events there.
In Disney village the two big stores are great for trading and strangely the best times are the evening or just before the park closes.
In the park always hit the emporium. The cast members are friendly and they should be able to tell you roughly when Patrick or Franc are about. Then skip over to the Kodak shop and check out the lanyards there before heading up towards  Harringtons and then the pin trading station oposite Casey's corner.
I always have luck with cast members in Discoveryland. Varied lanyards.
And watch out for the cast members in Adventureland. Especially if you have Stitch on your lanyard. I was practically mugged by some stitchaholics there he he. :stitch_bounce:
Keep an eye out around Hakuna Matata. We bumped into some traders outside there, they'd taken over a table and were happy to see us. Bit of a language barrier though as they barely spoke english and our french is very bad :oops:  

Hope this helps. We're so  :mrgreen:  that you're going. Can we stow away in your pin bag?

Eager_Eyes

Another tip I could give you and it may sound like a random one is be focus its so easy to get all carried away with pace thinking how many cm's are there that I could trade with here.  I've nearly missed few nice pins (one even happened to be an old LE) because I was so busy thinking about moving on to the next person and lanyard in an attempt to cram everything in to a short space of time!

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "simonandwendy626"Hi,Fly_ with_ me_ Dumbo :D
You're welcome. Right. Here goes. For a speed pin trading trip there are several places which can almost 99% of the time give good trades.
If you're staying inside the resort we've found the best hotel shops to hit for trading are Sequoia Lodge and DisneyLand hotel. Sequoia because in August they seem to concentrate the  events there.
In Disney village the two big stores are great for trading and strangely the best times are the evening or just before the park closes.
In the park always hit the emporium. The cast members are friendly and they should be able to tell you roughly when Patrick or Franc are about. Then skip over to the Kodak shop and check out the lanyards there before heading up towards  Harringtons and then the pin trading station oposite Casey's corner.
I always have luck with cast members in Discoveryland. Varied lanyards.
And watch out for the cast members in Adventureland. Especially if you have Stitch on your lanyard. I was practically mugged by some stitchaholics there he he. :stitch_bounce:
Keep an eye out around Hakuna Matata. We bumped into some traders outside there, they'd taken over a table and were happy to see us. Bit of a language barrier though as they barely spoke english and our french is very bad :oops:  

Hope this helps. We're so  :mrgreen:  that you're going. Can we stow away in your pin bag?

Thankyou, that is so good what youve said!! ive wrote it all down, we're staying in the center of paris so no hotel trading but I got so excited :D. only a month to go.
my pins arent out special the ones i have to trade a few le's so i doubt i'll be mobbed :D but oh welllll at least the cm's have to accept :D
thanks again, great help.
also how much are lanyards in the parks? with no pins on?
thanks   :D

simonandwendy626

QuoteThankyou, that is so good what youve said!! ive wrote it all down, we're staying in the center of paris so no hotel trading but I got so excited . only a month to go.
my pins arent out special the ones i have to trade a few le's so i doubt i'll be mobbed  but oh welllll at least the cm's have to accept
thanks again, great help.
also how much are lanyards in the parks? with no pins on?
thanks

Well we've just purchased some through Soraya in Mail order and I think they were around 8 Euros maybe a bit less. They arent the standard ones, they are the newer ones. I ordered a Tink, and Stitch and a Star Wars Mickey. :)
I think they are on Pin Pics.

TTFN
 Wendy :stitch:

Aveen2008

2 pins I have up for trade - both on original card with plastic covering:

This is a LE3000 pin, wdw, -event only pin

This is a LE1500, wdw , - event only pin

If anyone wants them and would like to trade please let me know x
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

just got these this afternoon or my trip to DLRP in Jan they are very nice pins.

Aveen2008

Gorgeous pins danny!:D are ya going to a PTN in Jan? :)
Luv Aveen xoxo

Stitch2814

We've booked for the last week of Jan so hoping there will be a PTN and not an event lol so fingers crossed :)

dlrpmad

I need to start getting traders as dlrp has been booked!!!
Aveen, I have pm'd you about the stitch pin, just wondering if you got it!!
Danny cool set, even though i dont really like alice in wonderland ( the animation, i love the new tim burton one!!)
101% Stitch LOVING!!

littlemermaid83

I love your Stitch Pins Aveen!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Stitch2814

just a few more traders for DLRP thought Id show them again lol Im trying hard to not see what I can get got some of them as Im seeing some nice pins that I really want but trying to fight myself to not send a trade offer XD

dlrpmad

you have 2 sets now???? wow you are going to get some heck of a trades in dlrp!!
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

I have 3 but Ive traded one away already lol so I do have 2 now XD

dlrpmad

what did you trade it for??
101% Stitch LOVING!!

Stitch2814

4 stitch experiment pins and the UK pirate stitch pin :)