Why is Newport Bay Club Hotel only 3 stars?

Started by andrewuk, September 29, 2009, 04:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewuk

To me it looks to have everything that HNY does, except for 24hr room service. Is that the reason :? ?
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

davewasbaloo

It is 3 stars due to the lack of bell services and room service (unless you are on the admiral's floor), no additional beauty or sports facility other than the pool, the fact you pay for towel, and the ratio of cast members to guests. Those are key things that go into star ratings.

The hotel looks nice, but in terms of service, it very much is mid range (think Holiday Inn, whereas the New York is more like a Crown Plaza).
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Also the rooms are smaller, the bathroom is smaller, there is only one bathroom sink, not two, the breakfast selection is more limited.

Don't get me wrong, I love both hotels but the Hotel New York certainly has a higher standard.

davewasbaloo

I agree. And the beauty is often you can get into the HNY for a few Euros more than the NBC.

andrewuk

Thanks guys, good answers. =D>
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

britincgn

Maybe because of the mice who run around in the bar,and no I dont mean Mickey :-)
Apart from that I love the hotel although it is a liitle too big for me.

CafeFantasia

Disney have quite a nice PDF about the Newport Bay Club and its facilities:

http://drpbusiness.com/uk/pdf/Hotel_Npb_an.pdf

15yearsofMagic2008

Its toooo long for some people , including me and my family . My dad said don't stay here during anytime at disney because if your feet are tired after walking all day , this long hotel won't help you .
I want your love and i want your revenge you and me could write a bad romance

Don\'t call my name , don\'t call my name , Alejandro

Clarebelle

Quote from: "Alan"Disney have quite a nice PDF about the Newport Bay Club and its facilities:

http://drpbusiness.com/uk/pdf/Hotel_Npb_an.pdf

The photos in that PDF are stunning, makes me even more excited about my stay, the hotel looks beautiful! Thanks for sharing  :ears:
[/color]
5th Anniversary - Hotel Santa Fe
Christmas 06 - The Kyraid Hotel (extended vistit <!-- s]