Agrabah Cafe

Started by Disney_Dad, September 02, 2009, 11:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disney_Dad

Tried this for the first time last week and it is now one of my favorite eating spots in the park.  The middle eastern food is unusual and very tasty.  The astmosphere is mysterious and exotic.  

DLP deserves credit for going out on a limb and trying something different.  I would encourage everyone on these boards to give it a try.

Javey74

I would second that one, it really is a good Middle Eastern buffet. I know I enjoyed it the last time I went..  :wink:  :D

It was really nice food, so if it's a restaurant you haven't already tried, well try it, you'll find it very different to your usual tuck in..  :D/

Mmmmm.. =P~

Pete's Dragon

What kind of food can you get? All I can imagine is the banquet from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom . Monkey brains anyone ???

Getyogrooveon

I agree, we tried it for the first time last December and was very impressed, both with the ambiance and the food. Something a little different to the usual ribs and wings offering of the other buffets. Definitely the favorite buffet in the park, it is just a shame in the low season the only time you cn eat an evening meal there is on Saturday/ Sunday when the park is open a little bit later.
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

Gareth

I Have never been but my best freind who has become a dlp expert (shes been every year since she was born) said that its the best place vegi food and that the pasta is a great choice :D

[size=150]Please Follow Me - - - - Twitter.com/Gareth2100 ---- Thanks

howtodeal

I'm from the middle east but i've never tried it before.  :(
It always seems to be closed whenever i'm there  :?
Do you have an idea what kind of middle eastern food they offer? Morrocan, Lebanese or Arab Gulf dishes?

4marco

They have all sorts of food (more morrocaan):
cous cous, Lasagne, mousaka, chinese etc. etc. The pancakes are  [-o<
I hope that you can see the pics of the food.

http://picasaweb.google.com/4patriciaen ... 7052623282
A few days in Disneyland is eating a pizzaburger in Buzz Lightyears and eating in Agrabah!

http://picasaweb.google.com/4patriciaen ... 9254710610

Kristof

I've just updated our Agrabah Cafe Restaurant photos with new photos, including of the buffet:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/disneyland_park/adventureland/agrabah_cafe.php

:D

Javey74

Quote from: "Kristof"I've just updated our Agrabah Cafe Restaurant photos with new photos, including of the buffet:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/disneyland_park/adventureland/agrabah_cafe.php

:D
I knew you'd come to the full rescue on this one Kristof, brilliant photos as ever..  :wink:  :D

Cendrillon

I've never seen this restaurant when it's open, but now that I've seen the interior, I'm definitely making it my mission to get over there next time I'm in DLP. Such wonderful theming! And the food looks truly delicious.

luke85

I'm definitely going to make a point of eating here the next time I go to DLP! I think I've walked through it before but it wasn't serving food at the time? Other times I've been and it's been completely closed.

DisneyAlba

Having eaten at Agrabah Cafe last July, I agree the food is lovely (especially the desserts!) and the ambiance inside is great.

However, the service was absolutely appalling. The restaurant was severely understaffed. We had made reservations for seven o'clock, and arrived on time, only to be directed to an enormous queue. See, there are  two cash registers, at which you must pay before entering the actual restaurant. There was however only one in use. This meant we had to wait 30 minutes (!!) before we actually got to the cash register. Then we had to wait to be seated, which took another 5 - 10 minutes. Meanwhile, the queue to be seated intersected the walkway to the buffet, which was not handy to say the least.

So, yes, a lovely dining experience once you've actually started dining... But the experience beforehand was definitely not as expected for such an expensive buffet, and has put us off dining there again.

P.S.: There was no-one serving mint tea when we were there... Has anybody seen that counter in action, or is it discontinued?
You can take the girl out of Scotland, but you can't take Scotland out of the girl.

Soap

Quote from: "DisneyAlba"P.S.: There was no-one serving mint tea when we were there... Has anybody seen that counter in action, or is it discontinued?

They served our mint tea at the table in a real arabian style.
So don't know if the counter was open, but the tea was brought to us in the style :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

howtodeal

Thanks 4marco and Kristof for the pictures.I'll definetly give it a try if its open when i'm there  :)

Nala_84

We can also recommend this great restaurant :)! I always, really always wanted to eat there, but it was closed for guests over years so we didn't get to eat there...
Finally we tried it last December and just loved everything - the atmosphere (it was really calm in there when we went), the staff was nice and the food was delicious and finally something totally different from burgers and pizza  :mrgreen:

There's a good choice even for Vegetarians like us: Many salads (pasta salad, green salad, lentil salad etc.), different bread with sauces, hummus, vegetables, all in oriental style (and spicy!! we had to visit the toilet after it  :lol:)... and the desserts where so yummy, too... we had a bit of the chocolate and pecannut cake & lemon tarte :)!
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]