[WDW] Soap's Florida dream come true trip report

Started by Soap, August 10, 2009, 03:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soap

Quote from: "forza_united"Lovely report and great pictures....

I will probably never visit the american parks due to my insane fear of flying, so it is very nice to read and see something from the parks.

I cannot wait to see more of your report :D

Just keep the final goal insite, just as i do.
I hate flying 2, but it takes me to places where i otherwise won't get to...
It's worth it.
Still the most safe way to travel.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

DLP-Photos.com

Quote from: "Soap"
Quote from: "forza_united"Lovely report and great pictures....

I will probably never visit the american parks due to my insane fear of flying, so it is very nice to read and see something from the parks.

I cannot wait to see more of your report :D

Just keep the final goal insite, just as i do.
I hate flying 2, but it takes me to places where i otherwise won't get to...
It's worth it.
Still the most safe way to travel.

Yeah, I have never been in a airplane before, because of my fear, but I keep saying to myself that one day I wake up saying: "Now I want to fly" - I guess I should just think on something nice  :peter:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

RnRCj

Great pics Soap! It's interesting to hear your comparisons between the two resorts. I personally prefer the more cosy feeling of DLP. I feel a trip to DLP is much more relaxed, for you don't have to travel long distances to get to the different areas of the resort. I also think Paris has a much better atmosphere overall. But Epcot and Animal Kingdom in WDW are truly amazing parks!

Did you try their version of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster? And if so, which do you prefer?

Soap

Quote from: "RnRCj"Great pics Soap! It's interesting to hear your comparisons between the two resorts. I personally prefer the more cosy feeling of DLP. I feel a trip to DLP is much more relaxed, for you don't have to travel long distances to get to the different areas of the resort. I also think Paris has a much better atmosphere overall. But Epcot and Animal Kingdom in WDW are truly amazing parks!

Did you try their version of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster? And if so, which do you prefer?

Sorry can't help you with the RnRC comparison, i'm a no-coaster disney fan.
With other words, i'm a chicken  :P

I can answer the the question about the comparison between WDW and DLRP.
At first i thought the distances would be noticed in a lack of the cosy DLP feeling.
But i hadn't have this feeling at all! Yes, you will have to travel a bit from parc to parc or from hotel to the parcs, but i think this is greatly arranged by WDW.
But sure, it is a huge complex!!
But the cosy feeling was even greater in my opinion. Especially for the Studios, what a difference with Paris, just a empty parc so it seems.

It's true that our main parc is maybe the best magic kingdom there is for details and extra's, but the state of some effects or extra's the last couple of years is not doing any good for it's position thou!

Epcot and Animal Kingdom were so great! I't was worth every penny and every minute travelling ;)
Both have got their own style, but are great addition to the overall Disney magic.
I expected AK to be just a big zoo, but oh boy, they put alot of magic in it!
Epcot is just an icon by itself, it has got a totally different Disney experience.

I heard CA is even a better parc in comparision to WDW, so it can even get better :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Well the vibe of DL is even better, more entertainment and ott versions of the attractions. About 70% of the number of the attractions of WDW but in a space the size of DLP/WDSP/Village/Hotel New York area.

It does not have the remote feel of WDW, it is the most urban setting, but I think the immersion adds to the magic.

Everyone has their fav. But I agree, Epcot and DAK are the only reasons we go to WDW (plus the water parks). Otherwise California with a stay at the Grand Californian is our preferred choice.
since 2001 (many before that)

davewasbaloo

Of the RNRC's, IMHO WDW has the better exterior and preshow, with a better loading area. But the ride and effect themselves, I prefer WDSP by far - faster and the lighting rigs/smoke are better than fantasyland style wooden cutouts.
since 2001 (many before that)

RnRCj

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Of the RNRC's, IMHO WDW has the better exterior and preshow, with a better loading area. But the ride and effect themselves, I prefer WDSP by far - faster and the lighting rigs/smoke are better than fantasyland style wooden cutouts.
I agree with that, except I definitely prefer the WDS loading area. It feels much more atmospheric and the launch sequence is much better and more suspenseful.

SophieD

Loving the trip report and photo's so far!! can't wait to read/see more!!!  :D
Sophie \":nemo:\"
xxxxx
follow me on Twitter!!

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.- Walt Disney

Soap

So, here's another update!
Second day we went to the Magic Kingdom. Just loved it every bit.

Enjoy :)

Start of day 2 @ the MK!

Normally a bit of a health freak, but @ disney just being
a little boy again!

The mainstreet trainstation welcomes us in.

Some pictures of main street

My newly wed wife and i just loved this mouse couple!!

One of my favorite pictures of us @ our Disney trip.

Don't remember the name of the show, but is was a great welcoming show! Great characters with
there eyes and mouth moving.

Entering adventureland!

Argh...pirates ahead!!

And off course...the big man himself! Ahoi Captain Jack! (Scary look-a-like, serious!)

This so far for today!
There is a whole lot more coming ;)

Snow_White_Girl

Ahhh those pictures bring back memories of my own trip 4 years ago, thanks for sharing them! :) I think the show you're talking about is "Dream Along With Mickey"; sadly that wasn't there last time I was, but I would have loved to have seen the new characters with their moving mouths!

\":lamp:\"

DLP-Photos.com

Thanks for the new update Soap :D
/Nicolai

Soap

Quote from: "Snow_White_Girl"Ahhh those pictures bring back memories of my own trip 4 years ago, thanks for sharing them! :) I think the show you're talking about is "Dream Along With Mickey"; sadly that wasn't there last time I was, but I would have loved to have seen the new characters with their moving mouths!

That's indeed it :D Great show, with alot of characters and a nice story :)

Soap

Up for part 3! Still day 2 @ the MK!

Taking a chill Jungle Cruise. Would be a great add to DLRP!

Pirates @ WDW lacks a Blue Lagoon, but instead has a nice restaurant just in front.

Entering Frontierland!

Just love those themed wayfinders!

One of the long awaited attractions for us (and hopefully 1 day @ DLRP). I dared to do this after a long, long think

BTM was next to Splash, this version also looks great. Not as unique as DLRP, but one of the busiest
attractions still.

Also a classic, Liberty Bell :)

Country Bear Jamboree, talking about รก classic! Just so funny, even after all those years

Liberty Square. A memory to the american history. Intriging how they treasure their history. Special.

Finally it's time for some ghosts and some laughter! The haunted mansion. We justed loved it every bit!!

Hmm....what to think about master Bluebeard ;)

Pff after the scare at the mansion, what's better then taking a magical flight to fantasyland with Peter Pan and
Donald @ Philharmagic!

It's parade time! Great energetic show.

Just love this one, Figaro fishing @ Cleo

Howdy Smee!!

Ahhhhhh.......

Comm'on Lilo, give me a pose!!! Show it baby!!

A dreamy castle as closer for this day.

Halfway day 2! Alot more to come.....

DLP-Photos.com

Once again great update with some truly magical photos :)

I cannot wait for the next update..
/Nicolai

Nala_84

*asking carefully*

(When) can we expect more of your report, Soap?  :D  [-o<
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub