Disney-Pixar's Cars @MGM

Started by Aladdin, April 24, 2006, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aladdin

I got to meet the new stars of the Disney-Pixar's computer-animated film Cars,  Mater and lighting McQueen yesterday  at Disney MGM  they  look very cool i was unable to get a photo of them as they were back stage  they will be the "Grand Carshals" if the Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade starting on Friday  and will be doing sets/ meet n greets in the park starting that day =)

Lightning McQueen, a red-hot race car, and Sally Carrera, a 2002 Porsche 911.

The red and blue cars are hitting the road as part of "Cars Road Trip '06" presented by State Farm, a tour that is bringing the Cars stars to life through interactive experiences. The tour will cross the country with stops in more than 40 cities, and will generate buzz for the film's June 9 opening.

Of course the promotion will also make an appearance at the film's World Premiere in Charlotte, N.C., on May 26 at Lowe's Motor Speedway. Until then, the cars will ride in style via a special truck inspired by the character Mack and provided by Mack Trucks, Inc.

The film's sheet-metal counterparts were created by famed movie car creator and customizer Eddie Paul of Customs By Eddie Paul, with help from Porsche and Pixar Animation Studios' artists and technicians.

Paul is responsible for famous Hollywood car creations such as the hot rod that John Travolta drove in Grease and custom-built vehicles for The Fast and the Furious and xXx.
Trouble? No way. You\'re only in
trouble if you get caught  --------
----- I\'m in trouble!

Kristof

Cool, tnx for the heads up!!

Will they talk?  Or just "posing".

I hope will get them in Paris too!!  (Unless they mess up their wigs  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: )

Anthony

They're brilliant reproductions, it actually looks like the CG versions of them have been photoshopped into those photos!

I hope we get them in Paris too - it would actually make sense to have them parked on Front Lot in front of the giant billboard.

Aladdin

so the cars were out in the park and parade today I had no time to see Parade with them in it (I had shows to do  at parade time) but maybe Sat .???  enjoy  :D

Trouble? No way. You\'re only in
trouble if you get caught  --------
----- I\'m in trouble!

Anthony

Wow, they're so cool!  Very detailed and very realistic.  I love the way they've done Lightning's eyes.

These are getting me really excited about our Cars attraction now...

Are there still plans to put the Cars into the Stars & Motorcars Parade?  If so, will it be these same ones?

Kinou

Can flor or raptor confirm that EPC at DLRP didn't buy the characters from CARS, that's what i heard some months ago.. maybe it has changed sicne.
Hug it out bitch !

flor

Till now, nothing is known about that here.
as soon as I know more, I'll post it on the forum.

Kristof

I just got word that EPC did not have the budget to buy the Cars characters.  :(

TowMater

I've met them when I was in WDW October 2006, They was so loud but the Lights Motors Action show was more louder.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century