Short trip 21-23th July

Started by cahaya, July 28, 2009, 02:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cahaya

21th July:
We started our journey with the Thalys from Aachen (Germany) to Paris North. Thalys had some problems in Brussels, so we came about 45 minutes later. In having not so much time at Disney (normally we stay about 5 days) this was sad. We went to our hotel (Citea Torcy), which was nice as always. We got a little apartment with a little kitchen and a camping like platic bathroom, but we don't more. The most important thing was the refrigerator because of the high temperatures. For 69 Euros room/night, it was a good value, I think.
My husband went to the nearby Spar supermarket and we bought sth to drink and some snacks. We went with the RER to Disney and it was just the great "Yippieh I am here again" feeling as always when I go to Disney. No tickets needed to be bought, because our APs are still valid.
We were hungry and started at Cowboy Cookout. They have such nice new "sets" on the table. A little thing with Cowboy characters on it, where the knife... is in and nice new plates too. We got a voucher for a free softdrink between 3 and 7 pm.
Then we did our "always must be the the first ride" ride PotC, which had a long queue about 45 minutes! PoTC is in really reall good shape, everythings working and they changed the costumes, which were not good anymore. Real fun. Bring back the smoke and its smell of the first days and I am really satified :-)
Then we went on Snowwhite with 15 minutes wait. Nice as ever. The "wood" in the first room where the dwarfs are jodeling needs a refurbishment.
We got some Fastpasses for Buzz and went to Phantom Manor (15  minutes waiting). The CM at the loading area scared me to death. I am really really sensitive for being terrified. The guy first made a "Booh" thing which was okay, because I saw him, but then he stood on the Doom Buggie and terrified me on the ride! I nearly got a heart attack and began to cry. He sad sorry, but for me it was way too much... and my last Time PM for this visit. I want to have fun and being terrified is no fun for me. I love PM and I love making fun there with the CMs, but it is still a Disney family ride and no ghost shocker. Well, PM was in very good shape, too. The Leota room is totally refurbished, the head looks different and you see the dragons aroung very good. Every skeleton was working and even the sign befor you get out of the ride, worked (but didn't shimmer like before).
We strolled through the Main Street shop and I was disappointed, because everywhere was the same plastic things to buy. I found some things at Harringtons to keep in mind, especially a dragon/witch from Jim Shores Disney Tradtion Collection. From one side it is the dragon from Sleeping Beauty and from the other side you see Malefiz. The eyes glow.
We went to Castle Stage to see the Once upon a dream Parade, which was beautiful as ever. The pirates jumped on the benches of castle stage and made fun with the audience.
After the parade it was FP time for Buzz, which I won (95.000 points).
Time for the next parade. A CM told us that Fantillusion will start at Main Street, which was wrong, so we sat totally wrong at the end of Main Street. While waiting we saw "It's party time" which I liked a lot. Some of the viewers really danced a lot and the kids got crazy about the glittering things they throw in the air. But the stage is too high.
Fantillusion was great, but no stops for us. To see it from the back was not so nice.
The Enchanted Fireworks were really nice and very good coordinated with the music. I don't know the version from before as our last trips always were on christmas season, so I cannot say anything about the cuts on it. But the whole audience applauded, so I think it was nice to most of them.
If you can dream it, you can do it.
Walt Disney

cahaya

July 22th:
We went early to the Village and had breakfast at Cafe Mickey at 8am. The characters were just great and we had a lot of fun with them. The food buffet was also fantastic and I just love the Cafe Mickey! characters there: Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, King of Robin Hood, Monk of Robin Hood.

Then we went to Disneyland Park. Before Disneyland hotel there was the Big Band playing. What a great morning! BTM was down so we went to Peter Pan, waited 20 minutes and got a FP for it. We did PotC 2 times with no wait and then Peter Pan again with FP. We went to the Studios and on to ToT. On the entrance stood 20 minutes waiting time, but we waited an hour! One elevator was broken. I love ToT as always. I love to have so much air time and that they have seatbelts instead of a bar like in WDW.
We saw Animagique which was really nice as ever. I just love this show!!!!
We wanted to go to Stitch Live but went into the wrong entrance (bevause there stood "Show now!" and we ran) and found ourselves in Playhouse Disney live. So cute! I have no idea of the TV show, but the stage show was just very very cute!
Went to Cinemagique. I think I have seen it too often, so it was a little boring to me.
We got a good place at Stars and Cars at the edge of where the cars come in and the show area, so we could see both. I liked the idea to combine it, becuase the cars are not soooo nice to build a parade of it. I saw the real on at the MGM Studios and I liked the Paris Version more because of the show.
We went back to Disneyland to see the Parade again and then the rain starts very very very heavy, so everyone had to leave his waiting place. It ends raining before the parade started, so there was a Parade! And happy characters jumping in puddles :-) (almost everone did it).
But after the Parade, rain starts again and did'nt stop. We ate at the Discovery Arcade and lots of really wet people went by leaving the Park. At 9:30, no stop of rain in sight, so we decided to go shopping ( I bought the dragon :-) ) and go to the hotel. I was dissapointed, because it was the last evening and I wanted to see Fantillusion and Enchanted FW again, but in this thunderstorms... no.
Walt Disney

cahaya

July 23th:
We had breakfast at Starbucks, strolled through the Village shops till opening time and went to Disneyland Park. We did BTM, PoTC, BTM again with FP, SM and BL (192.000points, won again). I was alone on Iasw with cute ducklings on the sea. My husband doesn't like the ride very much, but for me it is a Disney must.
We wanted to see th labyrinth but it was too crowded.
We had lunch at Walts at the beautiful Fantasyland section. Food was great and the CMs, too and then it was time to say goodbye. Always hard for me to leave my magical world. I want to get pregnant, so I don't know when I get there again.
After all, we had a really nice time, but Disney on Christmas time is more magical for me even the waiting times for the parades are so cold, I mostly get sick when I come back.
And pleaaaaaase no frightening on PM again!
Lots of things we haven't done because of the cutbacks in hours and because of having just one full and two half days.
But still magical and every hour at Disney is worth it!
You can see some pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cahayafay/ ... 747431931/
cahaya
Walt Disney

id@53

Really love this photo......

\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

cahaya

Thank you :-)
Our next holiday will be undisneyish in your home town Dublin.
cahaya
Walt Disney

id@53

Quote from: "cahaya"Thank you :-)
Our next holiday will be undisneyish in your home town Dublin.
cahaya

Our next holiday will be very Disneyish......
\'A fine bunch of water lilies you turned out to be. I\'d like to see anybody make me wash, if I didn\'t wanna.\' ...... \'Next thing you know, she\'ll be tyin\' your beards up in pink ribbons and smellin\' ya up with that stuff called, uh..."perfoom".\'

peep

I was there with Patrick the same time as you! We probably walked right past each other so many times lol. I did see a Phantom Manor CM jump behind the door at someone and they jumped, would be very funny if that was you :P

Sounds like you had a really great trip too :D
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

cahaya

That's funny. The rain was heavy, wasn't it? Never saw such rain in Disneyland before. I also think it was very sad that Rock n' Roller Coaster didn't work. I love it more then SM, because the tracks are not so bumpy.
I liked yout trip report, too :-)
Walt Disney

never2old

Quote from: "id@53"Really love this photo......

Me too, it's gorgeous!!

Sounds like you had a great time  :D Thank you for sharing!!

Annet

Wauw, that really is a magical photo!!!
Nice tripreport too :D

The Butlin Boy

Thanks for sharing your trip report and photos, I'm glad you had a great time :)

Quote from: "id@53"Really love this photo......

Me too, that's a one in a million shot there! :wink: