Disney's Halloween Festival 2009

Started by Anthony, July 16, 2009, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicKenny

Quote from: "dlrpkris"SUCH an amazing time. That show blew me away. I had low expectations as people only really knew what was going to happen on the night. Too bad my camera is a pile of junk though. Lots of really fuzzy pictures. Did you get your camera sorted Kenny?
Well, I have some nice pictures from the last show and almost all pictures during the day are OK...:) will put some online soon :)
Just keep dreaming, just keep dreaming, what do we do, we dreaaamm

davewasbaloo

Looks like fun, but still not a patch on TDS's free Halloween show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgpfWF6jmls

or the wonderful fireworks in California:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdXCFuMA3vY

Shame Paris and WDW feel they have to charge their guests extra  :(
since 2001 (many before that)

MagicStar

Maybe I´m the only one here, who doesn´t know it.
But what does this dubious  
Miska Mouska, Mickey Mouse
mean?

I heart it the very first time at "Party Time..."

Sounds a bit strange during this show :P
[size=150]Let\'s put the Walt back in Disney![/size]

speedpacket

Hello again :)

Long time since I posted on the forum, but as we just came back from another visit during Halloween, I thought I'd check the feedback from other guests...

It doesn't seem many forum posters have visited as I expected more feedback to be present yet, but I felt a bit disappointed by this year's Halloween Party.

Not only did it lack much organisation (I'm absolutely sure there are hundreds of people that never paid for the event who joined the event due to no checks AT ALL; this unfortunately to my believe led to too many people in the park during the event... I honestly believe I've never seen such large queues for the Halloween party, and it's my 6th or 7th time visiting...), I also felt there has been going on lots of saving for this year's event.

Fair enough, it's crisis time, and this also goes for EDL, but the event was sold out, which means funds were available, and to see that the orange tower which was once connected to BTM transporting orange paint from the mountain to Frontierland just disappeared this year (the carts went away a few years ago already), just struck me in the face.

In stead there was another fat witch sitting there representing the mamma of all witches.  I don't understand this.

The show may have seemed really well, but not only did it start without the "mesdames, messieurs, DLRP est heureux de vous présenter XXX dans 5 minutes), it was a bit unclear to us when the show started...  We were also standing at Casey's corner, and for some reason I still do not understand they forgot to turn on the music throughout Main Street, so only those people that were standing ON central plaza must have had a good experience from this.  For me personally, it was just one big disappointment.  It simply lost ALL of its potential effect by not hearing the music.

I must admit though that the projections seemed really great, but overall, we were not impressed by this since we heared about NOTHING.  

We also look forward for another visit, and for some reason we continue renewing our PA and keep our shares, but the last few visits have been more than a disappointment to us.

Add to this the fact that we made reservarions for Walt's on sunday at 6:15pm only to find out that they were closed, and we were left with no good alternative.  Complaining at city hall doesn't even help...  "there were technical issues which caused for reservations to be taken where they should have been"...  My ass - someone obviously just forgot to update opening hours in their computer system.  I still wonder why I always give my telephone number - they could easily have contacted me.

Well - looking forward to our next visit, and keeping our hopes up as always - I just hope that there will be a time at which we'll be surprised again in the positive sense!  With over 10.000 EUR a year spent at the resort, I don't think anyone can still believe we're sane after all the disappointments we've had the past two years!
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!

Anthony

Quote from: "speedpacket"Hello again :)
Welcome back! Thanks for the review. Can't say I'm entirely surprised by that experience, DLP don't have a great track record in this kind of organisation/control area.

Quote from: "speedpacket"to see that the orange tower which was once connected to BTM transporting orange paint from the mountain to Frontierland just disappeared this year (the carts went away a few years ago already), just struck me in the face.
Actually, I'd hope that's more an artistic decision! But it's true, even if it was unpopular, it was taken away without any replacement.

Quote from: "MagicStar"Miska Mouska, Mickey Mouse
I think it comes from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the Playhouse Disney show. It's a load of nonsense, basically. Obviously singing the spelling M-i-c-k-e-y M-o-u-s-e is like, so out of date.

Here's two more videos from the show:

[youtube:3g0uozzt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXkQcugjMnY[/youtube:3g0uozzt]

[youtube:3g0uozzt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqZQPpss7RE[/youtube:3g0uozzt]

It's messy, it's all over the place, it's almost entirely in French, it re-uses every costume they've got, projections of puppets from Once Upon a Dream Parade (?), an introduction from a generic halloween man, a stage that's apparently still very hard to see when busy.... BUT it is a fantastic-looking show.

The pyrotechnic and fire effects are stunning! Where were those huge flames bursting from? And what's the effect with the sparks falling from the Castle? How does that happen? Very very clever.

I guess this is our Fantasmic-lite. :?

dlrpkris

Oh organisation was appalling, but I must admit our wristbands were checked at least 7 or 8 times. Guess these points were just dotted around in strange places.

Waited over half an hour for a takeaway pizza in Adventureland. Is this the speed of fast food? Very frustrating when you're missing all the stuff you've just paid to see!

I'm guessing those sparks travelled along a wire to the stage, similarly where theflames and pyros were. They were a great surprise. Very 'Disney'! When I saw the cranes for the fireworks go up in the sky, I did get a sense that they'd actually thought about this show and didn't just throw it together. As for using old costumes... how resourceful! Was a great treat to see everything in use properly... but I don't remember all those extra lights being that visible. Too bad, but a great feeling during the show and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.
"Life\'s a happy game, you could clown around forever - \'cos we\'re the best of friends"
It\'s time to bring down the house - welcome Mickey Mouse!

Poppy The Monkey

The flames were coming from the Satellite stage nearest the castle. A a wire was attached from the satellite to the castle and a "pyro ball" was send down to simulate Maleficents decent from the castle to stage.

Cheap indeed was the use of the puppets on the castle, but to be honest... quite resourceful and better than a still image! The generic halloween man was actually Show Director Emmanuel!

The atmosphere on the stage was incredible, the best show I've ever done here... it was amazing!

Anthony

Quote from: "Poppy The Monkey"The generic halloween man was actually Show Director Emmanuel!
I didn't recognise him at all! It's just different to see a human but non-Disney host.

Thanks for the explanations of the effects, that's actually very inventive indeed. And I forgot to even mention that the projections were probably the best we've seen, perfectly clear to see. I hope that equipment wasn't just on hire (or if it was, they hire it again...)

All kinda makes you wish DLP had a big lagoon or something more suitable for non-firework nighttime shows.

Soap

Just got back from one of our greatest trips ever!  :D
We liked the show and we thought DLRP and the performancers showed alot of energy
with it.
Maybe all the other parcs have better shows, but this is our european parc and i loved it :)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Soap"Maybe all the other parcs have better shows, but this is our european parc and i loved it :)

Which is my point. I am greedy. We have the most beutiful park, I also want it to have the very best (or at least equal) entertainment.
since 2001 (many before that)

dlrpteam

Hi everybody !

I propose you to discover my video of the show during the Halloween Party !! It's awesome !  :D  :wink:

http://www.vimeo.com/7390179

Willow

Thank you for the video.

Not impressed at all with the show, it was boring and exactly the same as every other Halloween show.
How many times are Disney going to use the Hallowishes soundtrack?  :roll:

We did have a bit of the Fantasmic soundtrack though, so yay!

Soap

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"
Quote from: "Soap"Maybe all the other parcs have better shows, but this is our european parc and i loved it :)

Which is my point. I am greedy. We have the most beutiful park, I also want it to have the very best (or at least equal) entertainment.

I would love that 2, but well, for now it didn't spoil our trip and we had a great time. :)
We should send one of our forum members as an employee/manager  :P
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

dlrpteam

Hello,

If you want, I have some pictures and video of the show too, I think you'll like it ;)  

Cruella 's Crazy Crooning

http://www.vimeo.com/7415636

Link : http://www.dlrptimes.com/

luke85

Those pics are great! I love the creepy balloon-people in Discoveryland!