Disney's Halloween Festival 2009

Started by Anthony, July 16, 2009, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

The press release is here...

QuoteDisney's Halloween Festival... something BIG is brewing in October!

- From 3 October to 1 November 2009 -

Marne-la-Vallée, France, July 2009
– From 3 October 2009 through to 1 November 2009, Mickey's Magical Party adds even more fun to a marvelous month of mischief and mayhem. It's the perfect month to make family and friends scream with delight. Join Mickey as he welcomes the Disney Villains, Pumpkin Men and Pumpkin Ladies and the star of the season, Jack Skellington from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas to celebrate Mickey's Magical Party for a frighteningly fun Halloween surprises!

Welcome to the Disney Halloweenmosphere

A full month of thrills, spills and chills galore at Disneyland Park, as Halloween invades Frontierland and Main Street, U.S.A.® with decorations, eerie events and hair-raising shows, face painting and oodles of tricks and treats. Family and friends, young and old, everyone is sure to have a ghostly good time with...

... the stars of Nightmare Before Christmas

Jack Skellington and his friend Sally, the stars of Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas, are back to captivate Disney's Halloween Festival with their bewitching world.

... mischievous Pumpkin tricksters

When Disneyland Paris goes orange, you know the Pumpkin Men and Pumpkin Ladies can't be far away. They are just itching to splash the road and shop fronts of Main Street, U.S.A. with their bright orange paint. Masters of the most devious decoration, mischievous jokes and pranks, Pumpkin Citizens take Frontierland by storm as they transform it into Halloweenland for a howling good time! No one can escape the antics of those uncontrollable Pumpkins we just can't help but love!

... Disney Villains and Characters

Children of all ages are going to love staring down the infamous Disney Villains and becoming accomplices to their demonic deeds. Cruella De Vil, Captain Hook, Jafar and the wicked witch from Snow White take vile pleasure in posing with young guests and giving them a wonderful souvenir of the year's biggest monster mash. Mickey and Friends have also spread the word to give guests a memorable welcome decked out in their finest Halloween costumes.

... Mickey's Magical Party takes on the colors of Halloween

More enchanting than ever in her delightful witch costume, Minnie leads the dance in Town Square. Disney Characters take advantage of this scare-a-licious month to don their mischievous pumpkin masks as they ride Minnie's Party Train in all its Halloween splendor.

Meanwhile, the Disney Villains have spent all day preparing to invade the stage during the final show It's Party Time... with Mickey & Friends. Captain Hook, Gaston, Jafar, Frollo, Cruella De Vil, Maleficent the witch from Sleeping Beauty and other fiendish folk are going to perform a devilish rendition of the "Mickey Dance" on the new Central Plaza Stage. It feels so good to be bad, and they'll do whatever it takes to ensure we never forget!

... Disney Once Upon a Dream Parade to a Halloween tune

The Disney Once Upon a Dream Parade will kick-off with a special Halloween theme, as the Pumpkin Men and Ladies join in the abominably bewitching parade, along with Jack and Sally from Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas and the Disney Villains, of course!

The spectrrrrraaaaaaaacular month of Halloween is also your last chance to get down to an intergalactic beat with DJ Stitch and the "It's Dance Time... in Discoveryland" show. Hurry, his space mission ends on 8 November 2009.

And for that fiendish final touch, Disney's Halloween Festival continues with parties you won't want to miss to enjoy Halloween to the max!

Disney's Halloween Party: 31 October is Ghoul's Night Out!

Guaranteed to be a scream! Get ready for the most magical night of the year at Disneyland Paris! The now-famous Disney's Halloween Party* will take place on 31 October 2009 in Disneyland Park. A one-of-a-kind experience to enjoy with family and friends from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.

By the light of the moon, Disneyland Park will reopen its doors to a most terrifying atmosphere featuring a wide variety of events, surprises and boo-groovy music until the late-night hours:

- Spooktacular street entertainment and stage shows throughout the evening

- The Disney's Fantillusion Parade led by the vicious Disney Villains, where the world of darkness meets the enchanted world in a fantastic twilight spectacular.

- A special Halloween Sound and Light show with the fangtangulous backdrop of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

And oodles of other dreadfully delectable surprises!

*Paid event: €32 for adults and children, free for children under 3.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

Want to celebrate Halloween in pure Disney style that's fun without being scary? Then Mickey's Not-So-Scary Party is the place to be!** Four dream opportunities for family fun with Mickey and Friends in their most boo-tiful Halloween costumes on 9, 16, 23 and 27 October 2009 from 8 to 11 p.m. with tricks and treats galore! Places are limited to this one-of-a-kind event for children of all ages who just can't wait to get dressed up. Disney Characters and Villains will be there to create an exclusive and interactive experience of exciting and truly unforgettable moments.

In addition to exclusive events and shows, guests will enjoy access to a number of attractions in Disneyland Park open especially for the grand occasion: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey, Lancelot's Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, "It's a small world", Sleeping Beauty Castle in Fantasyland and Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. And the fearsome Phantom Manor and the legendary Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland.

**Paid event: €25 for adults and children, free for children under 3.

All the fun and fantastical ingredients are there to make Disney's Halloween Festival the most monstrously magical month of the year at Disneyland Paris, from 3 October to 1 November 2009.
So to summarise:

• It's Party Time... with Mickey and Friends to be invaded by villains
• Minnie's Party Train to get Halloween decorations/theme
• Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party not only in Fantasyland but Adventureland and Frontierland
• Pumpkin Men are returning again. When will this trashing of Main Street END?!
• Disney's Once Upon a Dream Parade will "kick off" with a Halloween theme - does that mean a pre-parade or full overlay?
• For Disney's Halloween Party, it mentions a "light and sound show" - no fireworks, then? Or at least none worth advertising?

Hilary

I've booked to go the first weekend of the Halloween season and have to admit I've been starting to regret that choice as I wanted to photograph, well, everything in Main Street and suddenly realised that of course, it's all going to be orange.  

But have to admit, the news of the Nightmare Before Christmas involvement has got me excited again as I've never seen those characters before.

ed-uk

While we were wating for Fantillusion last Friday they were doing a photoshoot on the CP stage - we saw a pumpkin prop and as we waited Mickey and some of the villans arrived to take part in the shoot.  They all left before the parade arrived in CP - here some quickly taken pics not with best camera (click on thumbnail to view larger).

Ed & David

never2old

Sounds good to me!! I'm just delighted that Jack and Sally are coming back, I loved them last year.

It sounds like the Villains show they had last year is not coming back, instead they'll do their bit in the Party Time. Have to wait and see what that is like...

Personally I love Main Street over Halloween, sure it's better without any decorations, but the pumpkin men and all the orange everywhere... well I think it's fun. I guess I'm lucky in that lately I've been going to DLP a few times a year, so I can enjoy Main Street with and without decorations. But personally all the MMP signs (and before that the 15th anniversary) bother me a lot more!

Mrs. Jennes

i adore the halloween festival at disneyland. i can't believe it that there are jack and sally now. i always dreamed of it since i heard from the christmas design of phantom manor in WDW/Disneyland (I don't know exactly which parc it was). I hope they won't stop releasing the characters on halloween, because i don't know when i'm going to Disneyland on halloween the next time. i actually wanted to go on eastern next year. i'm very amazed right now!

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Kristof

Notice Mickey's No So Scary Halloween Party is expanding this year:

In addition to exclusive events and shows, guests will enjoy access to a number of attractions in Disneyland Park open especially for the grand occasion: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio's Fantastic Journey, Lancelot's Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Mad Hatter's Tea Cups, "It's a small world", Sleeping Beauty Castle in Fantasyland and Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. And the fearsome Phantom Manor and the legendary Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland

The Butlin Boy

Nothing that we weren't really expecting then, but it still sounds good. I like the fact that the Villains are invading the Party Time show, I was just expecting them to keep it the same. The bit about the parade does make it sound like there will be  a bigger influence on the whole parade, which has been rumoured before I think? It's good to hear that they're expanding Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween Party with BTM and PM too; lets face it, it wouldn't be a Halloween party without PM :wink:

And the other good news; Stitch's Dance Tragedy is leaving at the end of November :P

peep

Sounds like it was last year with the disappearance of the villains show being the only difference. I really hope I can make the 31st October again, that was amazing last year.
Next visit to DLP: October 26th
Coaster Count: over 320

Willow

It looks to me that it will be the usual Pre-Parade for OUADP.
Overlays the the current shows sound good.

Did we know already that Stitch will be gone before the Xmas season?

Sounds like the usual Halloween event but with a few little tweaks. New decorations will be needed soon though!

theverynk

Awesome! Will be there from the 26th Oct thru Nov 1st, including both a MNSSHP and the Soiree!
Sounds great this year!
Dan \":peter:\"

Visit our fantastic Disney Character website!
http://www.charactercentral.net

Anthony

Quote from: "Willow"Did we know already that Stitch will be gone before the Xmas season?
Yeah we did. :) Roll on Christmas!!!

Be interesting to see what accompanies the MNSSHP (confusing that one) move into Frontierland and Adventureland, ie. how it's going to be made a different event to the Halloween Party, rather than just a cut-down version.

kiki_304

We loved Halloween last year.  My 2 little boys just loved seeing all the different pumpkin folk and wanted a picture with every single one of them.

When we were there in May we didn't bother to go see the Stitch dance party as we didn't like the look of it too much.  I saw it start but decided not to go over to watch as I didn't feel drawn in by it and also my 5 year son doesn't like noise.

Count down is on now, not long.

bigrossco

FINALY they add PM and quite nice they also adding BTM makes it even more worth going to now!
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Mrs. Jennes

i more liked halloween and frontierland before it turned to pumpkinland, because it's not so frightning anymore. the villains are only on the parade, i remembered. is there still the pinata show? and are there these cute halloween sweets yet?

A dream comes true the 10th Time in March \'10

Annet

I'm even more looking forward to my next Disney-trip now!!!