A FantaStitch Halloween

Started by Kristof, April 10, 2006, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nala_84

Aloha?? On Halloween?? Sounds like Easter season  :roll:

I love Stitch and the designs are really sweet, but they definitely don't fit to the Halloween season. The pumpkin men are much better for this. Is it already official that the pumpkin men will leave DLRP?  :(
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

Kristof

Yes, but they won't be completely gone yet this year!  They'll still be present at Frontierland, but Stitch is taking over slowly.

The Butlin Boy

QuoteIf they did that, then it could be a good chance for them to rehab the castle too, couldn't it?

They are using the Stitch event at Tokyo to cover up the castle rehab:

Kristof

Isn't that the most ugliest thing you've ever seen in a Disney Themepark???  :lol:

Dlrpfan

i realy dont like this idea. Its gonna look tackey and im not pleased :twisted:
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Patrick

I would rather have a nice big green censtruction fence instead of that :lol: .  Still if that's what they will even think about doing in Paris maybe they should keep the pumpkinmen and cover the castle but in pumpkin orange as they painted it :lol: .

Anthony

The decorations for this weird Stitch event are hideous.  The parade floats are even worse!  It just seems like a complete waste of money and parade floats to create something that bad!

But anyway, it is very interesting to see how TDL are handling their castle refurb, since it's possible DLRP will be watching and taking notes as well.  We still don't know dates for our castle refurb, but if it takes place during Halloween, then it'd be more than a slight coincidence with these rumours of a Stitch invasion - WDW's castle was ruined by Stitch when his attraction opened, and it'd be a good way for DLRP to make an event out of a complaint.  They could even have Stitch doing meet n greets in front of the castle walkway (which will be closed).

The execution of the TDL is horrible, but the idea is quite good.

The whole "Stitch wrecks the park!" thing still doesn't seem very Halloweenish though...

kate

hi all

we booked to go to dlrp in october.  we weren't going to do halloween until next year but were so dissappointed about the pumpkin men going we are visiting this year so we can at least see them in frontierland if nowhere else.

anyway, we're looking forward to it as its a bonus holiday!!
Kate, disneyholic who is having withdrawal symptoms!

Kris

DLP did a good job with the castle rehab a few yars ago. They did an Emporium-style banner to cover it up. A blend of that and a seasonable design would be kinda cool.

Thinking about it, the castle is really needed for the summer fireworks and the Christmas E.F.C so Halloween would be a good time do do it!
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Anthony

The rumours were absolutely true!  Here's a new press release, just out:

Disney's Halloween Festival

OFFICIAL COPY

Expect a blue and mischievous treat this Halloween

This year, from 7 October to 5 November 2006, you're invited to a Halloween celebration like no other at Disneyland® Resort Paris. Because a little blue trickster is joining in on all the fun this Halloween season - it's Stitch, of course! You never know where he'll show up to add to the mayhem.

Once again Frontierland® will be transformed to Halloweenland and our Halloween favourites, the Pumpkin Men and Pink Witches, will be conjuring up a festival the whole family will enjoy. The Disney Villains, including Cruella De Vil, Jafar, and Captain Hook are on hand to give you a scare and you'll have a hair-raising experience with the Halloween face painting and hair experts.

So big or small, come join in all the Disney fun of this spook-tacular season!

Disney Villains Parade
Frequency: Daily

Disney's Halloween Party

Masamune

:( Still not happy about this... :? I don't even want to tell my cousin who's going with us about this...she HATES Stitch! :? I'm sorry, but I just don't see how it's going to work... :cry: this will be my first DLRP Halloween trip and already I know it's not going to be as good as we had first hoped when we planned the trip... :oops:

Kristof

I got informed that the "Télé-Freak" between Thunder Mesa and Big Thunder Mountain will not return this year.

Dlrpfan

omg there cutting out soooo much! i only hope everything will retern next year
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

Halloween is changing, the "Télé-Freak" is no longer part of the story, so it will never return.  By the way, it took 2 helicopters to install that thing.

peterpan

Oh no!

Not Stitch! Possibly the most annoying disney character that was ever conjured up is going to be scattered around the theme park this halloween. i aggree with what people are saying, there's no way that could work! I'm glad the pumpkin men will still be there and the pink witches but seeing the most annoying character (in my eyes anyway) everywhere is NOT GOOD!

You can't take away the timeless traditions of a disney halloween. The pumpkin men, the pink witches, the disney villains, the decorations (that are orange and black - not Blue) I think DLRP would be making a mistake with a stitch invasion - a big mistake.

Oh well. let's not forget this is disney, and with their magic truly anything is possible. Let's just say, I trust the mouse.

Peter Pan :peter:
(Signature Coming Soon!!)