Remember...the old Entertainment Programs of Disneyland Park

Started by Riebi, May 16, 2009, 11:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riebi

Heyho!

Cause some of you wan´t to see the old Euro Disney and Festiva Disney Entertainment Programm from 1994 and cause I´m sure together we can get more old entertainment programms into this forum I made a topic.

Feel free to post a old EP, I start with one from

20 March - 26 March 1994

Here are the full versions:
Front page/Back page
//http://www.christianriebold.de/DLRPForum/Programm1994.jpg
page 2./3.
//http://www.christianriebold.de/DLRPForum/Programm1994II.jpg
page 4./7.
//http://www.christianriebold.de/DLRPForum/Programm1994III.jpg
 page 5./6.
//http://www.christianriebold.de/DLRPForum/Programm1994IV.jpg

an overview is attached:
[attachment=2:2ehdrtmo]Programm1994web.jpg[/attachment:2ehdrtmo]
[attachment=1:2ehdrtmo]Programm1994IIweb.jpg[/attachment:2ehdrtmo]
[attachment=0:2ehdrtmo]Programm1994IIIweb.jpg[/attachment:2ehdrtmo]
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Riebi

[attachment=0:2pbxxtqn]Programm1994IVweb.jpg[/attachment:2pbxxtqn]

Anthony

Thanks so much Riebi!

The tips they used to include are actually quite useful, and I'm surprised that Lilly's Follies used to be right there on the programme. Sad to remember the days when even a Saturday was enough to see an electrical parade run through the park, though... Fantillusion doesn't even last beyond the first few days of January now, it used to be daily up to March 23rd.

If you (or anyone) has anything similar, please post!

pussinboots

Ooh, marvelous.

Yes, it's a little less hot air and a little more substance, isn't it. They even cared enough to mention the name change of the Harmony Barber Shop to Dapper Dan's.

I'd never heard of the Aladdin Parade — sounds splendid! What a time for Disney, really, such great films coming out one after another, Disneyland Paris still at its best...

davewasbaloo

Thank you Reibi, those were the days. And look folks, people look at me like I am crazy when I mention that the HNY used to have a Jazz Club (as well as live entertainment being available in the NBC too).

Sadly I no longer have all my old timetables, but the Aladdin Parade was cute (as was the mini Mulan Parade in 1999).

It would be great if Disney would have a look at these to remind them of how great they used to be. I know DLP is in debt, and these are tough times, but personally, I would have no issue with them cutting back on characters and adding more like this (not getting rid of the characters, they have their place).

Heck, I would still rather have MSEP than Fanti too.

and Lilli's Follies is something I particularly miss.
since 2001 (many before that)

The Butlin Boy

Thanks a lot Riebi, these pictures are fantastic, they really do take me back a bit! Thanks a lot :)

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Thank you very much Riebi!!

I also have a very special Entertainment Program, the one from opening week in April 1992! See what shows and parades the park started with ...

Outside of the Entertainment Program 12-18 April 1992:

Inside of the Entertainment Program 12-18 April 1992:

Click the images for a larger view.

Please, everyone who has similar material from the days long gone of our beloved park, make it available for all of us! This stuff has to be archived before it is lost forever ...

davewasbaloo

Awesome Mobi. I really loved Roc Shoc and the Lucky Nugget Review, as well as all the streetmousphere that was never printed.

Anthony

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And look folks, people look at me like I am crazy when I mention that the HNY used to have a Jazz Club (as well as live entertainment being available in the NBC too).
I didn't even see that in the corner... wow. Was that where the New York Bar is now?

And was there a real difference between Lucky Nugget Revue and Lilly's Follies?

Ninja Turtles in Festival Disney, too?! Euro Disney was rather hip and with it back then! Why wasn't I taken to the place sooner? I mean, seriously, why deprive a poor boy of this?!

Would you be interested in a section of dlrpmagic.com to just plainly archive and store all this kind of stuff? And would people be willing to provide the material? (Fully credited!) I can only provide back to 2000 myself, save for the old guidebooks and stuff I've collected from ebay over the years. I wouldn't be put in handcuffs for scanning every page of those in, would I?

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Anthony"
Quote from: "davewasbaloo"And look folks, people look at me like I am crazy when I mention that the HNY used to have a Jazz Club (as well as live entertainment being available in the NBC too).
I didn't even see that in the corner... wow. Was that where the New York Bar is now?

And was there a real difference between Lucky Nugget Revue and Lilly's Follies?

Ninja Turtles in Festival Disney, too?! Euro Disney was rather hip and with it back then! Why wasn't I taken to the place sooner? I mean, seriously, why deprive a poor boy of this?!

the Jazz Club was actually part of the Manhatten Grill - and sometimes they would have a live big band so that you could have Dinner and then Dance like in the Cotton club and other great films. And often the bar would have a jazz pianist or saxophinist.

The DLH had a string quartet instead of the pianist in the early years.

NBC had a pianist or folk groups.

There used to be a ferry on the lake back then too.

and in the Sequoia Lodge, there would sometimes be story tellers and banjo players.

Cheyenne used to have a country group and can can

And the Santa Fe had a Mariachi band.

Those were the days. And back then, the hotels felt much more like the Disney experience offered in the other resorts.

And back in the early days, Festival disney had the awesome Moody Brothers in Billy Bobs, Rock and roll America had live music and dancing every night too. Then there was the Central stage bands. Hurricanes had different theme nights every night. And then there was the awesome lazer show on Lake Disney.

Yes, those 1st few years were awesome. Sadly, they were recessionary times like now too.

And as for the Turtles, yep, they were there at the right time. And often there would be mini parades with several cast members and freshly made floats.

Disneyland Paris Treasures

Quote from: "Anthony"Would you be interested in a section of dlrpmagic.com to just plainly archive and store all this kind of stuff? And would people be willing to provide the material? (Fully credited!)

That would be really, really, really great!

For some time now I was thinking about creating some kind of DLRP archive in form of a website, where I can store all the stuff that I still have or that I can get my hands on, may it be park or hotel brochures, the entertainment programs and so on but also the small stuff like the park tickets or why not even the parking lot tickets!!

I look at sites like Yesterland or Vintage Disneyland Goodies and what they do for Disneyland California and I think our park deserves nothing less.

So, if you won't do it I probably will ... but I would very much prefer you do it, as it would save me a lot of time ;)

Riebi

Thank you for all the compliments but it was just a scan :oops:

Aaaand thank you Mobi! This is awesome!  =D>

Quote from: "Anthony"Would you be interested in a section of dlrpmagic.com to just plainly archive and store all this kind of stuff? And would people be willing to provide the material? (Fully credited!) I can only provide back to 2000 myself, save for the old guidebooks and stuff I've collected from ebay over the years. I wouldn't be put in handcuffs for scanning every page of those in, would I?
Yes Yes Yes! That would be wonderful anthony!

And that entertainment in this times was really a magical one. I remember sitting under the trees at HNY with violinists. It was a bit as WDS entertainment before they decide to reduce it: Take Cine Folies, Cruella DeVil, this christmas singers and all the rest together. It was just something to watch, hear and party at every corner of the resort.
For the nina turtles: hmm...that wasn´t such a nice show  :lol:
But the mini parades for every new movie where great! And much bigger then just this one float "up!"-parade at WDW.  :wink:
It was more a day like: First watch something at disney village, then in the park where "good morning Main Street" says hello, some streetmosphere, first mini parade, little cowboys show, sword in the stone, main parade, shows, shows, shows, MEP aaaand firework. Not with the castle view but with a view to DLH. After that disney village laser show and some fun on the street there.

But on the other hand some of this spirit is coming back last year. Ok this year it´s a bit masked because MMP but: Mary Poppins says hello at main street, the mini parade could be the characters express and the little bands are also back again. So I hope after MMP the quality will be again better then between 2003 and 2006.

For the Disney Hotels: yes the quality was better. I remember a great table service breakfast at NPBC and other services. But maybe they rise the quality here again, too.

pussinboots

Quote from: "Anthony"[...] Would you be interested in a section of dlrpmagic.com to just plainly archive and store all this kind of stuff? And would people be willing to provide the material? (Fully credited!) I can only provide back to 2000 myself, save for the old guidebooks and stuff I've collected from ebay over the years. I wouldn't be put in handcuffs for scanning every page of those in, would I?

Absolutely. I had a similar idea, but you would be able to turn it into a consistently updated — and visited — web page, haha.

There's some wonderful crap from the early 1990s collecting dust on my shelves that I would certainly be willing to scan in... And I'm sure folks like Davewasbaloo have veritable warehouses of it.

Oh and indeed, Yesterland provides an excellent precedent... Let me know if you need a guest columnist, haha.

Filip

Does anybody know what was the firework show the first year at DLP when they were still using the big shells? Was it everyday like in WDW? Many times i was trying to find some pictures or a video, but no luck. Thanks!

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "Filip"Does anybody know what was the firework show the first year at DLP when they were still using the big shells? Was it everyday like in WDW? Many times i was trying to find some pictures or a video, but no luck. Thanks!

If memory serves, it was called Fantasy in the skies, it did use the big shells and was every night.

then there were the lazers and smaller fireworks on the Lake, but I can't remember the name of the show sadly.